Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 Tweets

Im Ron Burgundy?

"Many may question, criticize & think they have all the right answers. But few have been in the line of fire in battle."

Exactly. Its not RG3's fault for staying in the game, and I'm not going to crucify Shanny at this point. Lets learn from this, get RG3 healthy, and move forward

It's just funny, a couple years ago, Cutler messed up his knee and took himself out of the game. All we heard was how he was a coward and how can his team trust him.

RGIII plays through an injury and all we hear about is how he should've taken himself out.

So which is it?

It's just funny, a couple years ago, Cutler messed up his knee and took himself out of the game. All we heard was how he was a coward and how can his team trust him.

RGIII plays through an injury and all we hear about is how he should've taken himself out.

So which is it?

I said this exact thing on twitter last night. The complaining in my timeline stopped dead. Can't have it both ways

So which is it?

This.

Can't win either way you do it, personally I'm glad we have a guy willing to tough it out.

This will be a great test for him. Lots of people questioning him right now on a national stage, something I'm sure he's not used to

He will learn from this experience and come out stronger

Or less of the jovial, happy go lucky guy he's been up until now. He might come out on the other side a little more guarded. It was bound to happen.

So which is it?

Definitely should not have taken himself out. He did the right thing and is a true warrior. Its the coaching and medical staff's job to force him to come out

are you guys seriously comparing what happens to Cutler and RGIII last night? the kid had 7 out of 11 passes completed after he got injured in the 1st quarter for a total of TWENTY YARDS? Brave words RGIII but you need to realize when you are hurting instead of helping the team.

The only positive out of this injury might be what comes out of it in terms of RG3 and his unquestioned leadership of the team and his toughness. Any rookie or FA will come in and RG3 will have that credibility that London has built over his career. Also, the trust between Shanny and RG3 may have grown a bit due to this game. Get healed and come back strong.

are you guys seriously comparing what happens to Cutler and RGIII last night? the kid had 7 out of 11 passes completed after he got injured in the 1st quarter for a total of TWENTY YARDS? Brave words RGIII but you need to realize when you are hurting instead of helping the team.

No, the coaching staff needs to make that decision for him. Players play

So which is it?

But the thing about that is people were dead wrong about Cutler in the moment. So when the situation comes up again, you don't do the same thing you did wrong the first time, which was to rip the guy for coming out. And I recall at the time, the extent of the injury wasn't known, and in the ensuing week later, there was a whole lot of backtracking.

I said this exact thing on twitter last night. The complaining in my timeline stopped dead. Can't have it both ways

It looked like Cutler quit on the team just sat on the bench and pouted, RG3 played injured for 3 weeks but come on man yesterday was redicuous it was pretty sad actually. He was stupid for wanting too keep playing but hes a warrior at heart and wanted too continue but where is the coaching staff too put the kid in his place. Tell him he has 10+ years too lead this franchise not only is he hurting the team but he is absolutley destroying his career. Instead Shanny let him go out there and lets all keep praying that the news isn't what is feared too be.

16 yards, you're being generous.

I have a hard time blaming Griffin for playing through the pain. He's our leader, he's competitive, and it's his job.

Exactly. Shanny needs to make the hard decisions in this situation and play the healthier alternative. (I actually felt the opposite during the game last night so I know he was caught up in the moment like I was)

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 11:17 AM ----------

Warren SappVerified‏@WarrenSapp

@RGIII really? What about us that have, should we just say nothing

Lol, come on Warren. His comment was obviously not directed at the ex-players

I agree w/ Rob's tweet...but he's going to catch A LOT of flack for what he said.

Only thing that matters is the respect of the other 52 men and coaches in that locker room. If they agree with what he and the coaches decided, then that's all that matters. **** what everyone else is saying.

I'm not sure that tweet was the best idea. It's going to come off as him being defensive and just create more for people to talk about.

I put no blame on RG3 in this, if anything it was the coaching staff that could obviously see he was getting progressively worse throughout the night till it just fell apart.

Lol, come on Warren. His comment was obviously not directed at the ex-players

I think that's kind of his point, though, to be fair to Warren. People have opinions. Some are very informed, some are not. But if Griff's criticism is coming from players for staying in the game, doesn't the fan who agrees with that sentiment carry a little more weight?

Again, I think it's absurd that people are blaming Griffin. That SOB is a manchild. I don't know many men who would be walking around on an injury like that, let alone playing on it. For weeks. But I see why Warren responded. I also don't think Warren meant anything to be taken offensive by Griff... I think it was an honest question.

Archived