Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

Damn.... That goat went Shao Kahn on 'em.

right? bullied his ****. im sure the kid was okay, so i can poke fun at him....lol

his face when he took the leg shot....i thought it was over. then the goat was like FINISH HIM and rocked his noggin. hilarious.

I finally recovered from laughing after I bumped my head on the wall behind me...ouch!

No kidding right! At the time I lived about ten minutes from his church and would drive by it (very plain, nondescript) not thinking a thing about it since we have a thousand little churches like that all over the place, then to find out that it was a snake handling church was a shock! We know there a lot in the Hills of Eastern Kentucky, never expected one out in the Bluegrass region.

My ecumenicalism stops when there is a box full of Eastern Diamondbacks next to the pulpit!

• Like 1

More stupidity here

Haha, It took me a second to even understand what the guy meant with the phone from the 90s and the hashtag symbol.

On a sidenote, I hope I don't get ridiculed too badly for this-- but I have *NO* idea was the '@' symbol was for before it became synonymous with email addresses.  For the record, I'm well-aware the symbol existed and I *THINK* it might've been a shorthand symbol for the word 'about' since that was the only way I ever saw it used.

But yeah, I'm 33 and I've seen it used for non-email purposes <5 times in my life.

BTW, #25 is a legit question.  I wanted to watch the Finland-Canada hockey game the other day and NBC was showing some weird British drama series.

Edited by balki1867

On a sidenote, I hope I don't get ridiculed too badly for this-- but I have *NO* idea was the '@' symbol was for before it became synonymous with email addresses. For the record, I'm well-aware the symbol existed and I *THINK* it might've been a shorthand symbol for the word 'about' since that was the only way I ever saw it used.

It meant "at" as in "12 apples @ $1 each."

That said I have zero idea why older push button phones had # and * buttons on them, especially since there were no automated services back then.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1

It meant "at" as in "12 apples @ $1 each."

That said I have zero idea why older push button phones had # and * buttons on them, especially since there were no automated services back then.

The early push button phones didn't have these buttons (phones that hit the market in the early-mid '60s). They only had the numbers on the phone. If you see one of these phones, they look pretty funny (but were futuristic to us oldsters who grew up with rotary phones!):

1    2    3

4    5    6

7    8    9

It wasn't until the late '60s that engineers had the idea to connect phones to computers. They worked with computer experts & came up with the @ and # buttons to add to the push button phone. So, they were added with the idea they could be used to help connect telephones to computers.

While the video itself was funny, its kinda messed up to be pretty much torturing your own cat. 

agreed.  The little guy was deathly afraid.  I torture my dog with the vacuum cleaner, but can only do it for 5 seconds or so before i feel bad LOL.