Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

For many decades, Outdoor Life magazine has had a regual feature called "This happened to me" .... stories that people wrote in about their real-life close calls in nature, and the magazine would add a dramatization picture.,....   this looks like one of those:

https://www.outdoorlife.com/tags/this-happened-to-me

the ones from the 50s were more of a hoot  (they seemed to care less about the exaggeration factor back then) 

50 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

For many decades, Outdoor Life magazine has had a regual feature called "This happened to me" .... stories that people wrote in about their real-life close calls in nature, and the magazine would add a dramatization picture.,....   this looks like one of those:

https://www.outdoorlife.com/tags/this-happened-to-me

the ones from the 50s were more of a hoot  (they seemed to care less about the exaggeration factor back then) 

haha. So that's basically the "Penthouse letters" of the 50s. Somewhere for guys to tell flagrant lies about their prowess as a man, only instead of having a foursome with 3 hot college coeds, they're attacked by sharks riding on the backs of grizzly bears or something and got out of it by headbutting them all to death while drinking a beer and punching a commie. 

Edited by mistertim

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

haha. So that's basically the "Penthouse letters" of the 50s. Somewhere for guys to tell flagrant lies about their prowess as a man, only instead of having a foursome with 3 hot college coeds, they're attacked by sharks riding on the backs of grizzly bears or something and got out of it by headbutting them all to death while drinking a beer and punching a commie. 

^^^^ yes ^^^^      (except THEN then they depict your favorite fantasy in scintillating artwork... what could be better??)

I never thought it would happen to me.... 

See the source image

edit... and to hammer the comparison point home: if you google (at work, preferably) "outdoor life it happened to me"  ....  you get a full 4 pictures of "Outdoor Life" magazine <like above>, before it evolves into gifs of getting a hummer whilst camping. 

the internet... it knows its audience.     

Edited by mcsluggo