Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

Lions Eat Suspected Lion Poacher

Authorities find remains, rifle in South African game park

Newser) – A man believed to be illegally hunting lions in South Africa ended up being the prey himself. Authorities found the remains of the man in a private game park near the renowned Kruger National Park, and a police spokesman provides the grisly details to AFP: "It seems the victim was poaching in the game park when he was attacked and killed by lions," he says. "They ate his body, nearly all of it, and just left his head and some remains."

Rhino Turns Tables on Would-Be Poacher

(Newser) – A rhino turned the tables on a suspected poacher in Namibia, reports the AP, charging and injuring the man while he was allegedly tracking it. The incident happened in Etosha National Park after suspect Luteni Muharukua and other alleged poachers illegally entered the wildlife area in hopes of killing rhinos for their horns, the Namibian reported. The newspaper said the rhino "appeared from nowhere" and quoted Simson Shilongo, a police officer, as saying the rhino inflicted a severe leg injury on Muharukua after he fell while fleeing

http://www.newser.com/story/250435/rhino-turns-tables-on-would-be-poacher.html

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Couple Sells Everything, Buys Boat That Then Sinks

Tanner Broadwell and Nikki Walsh sold most of their possessions, bought a sailboat, and moved from Colorado to Florida with plans to explore the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean. It was a longtime dream dashed—at least temporarily—just a day after they set sail. While navigating through John's Pass off Madeira Beach on Wednesday, the couple's 28-foot boat hit something—presumably a sandbar, per WFTS—and began filling with water. Though the couple and their dog swam to safety, they're now left with a sunken, uninsured boat and little more than the clothes on their backs. "I sold everything I had to do this and I lost everything in a matter of 20 minutes,"

http://www.newser.com/story/255295/couple-sells-everything-buys-boat-that-then-sinks.html

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

Tanner Broadwell and Nikki Walsh sold most of their possessions, bought a sailboat, and moved from Colorado to Florida with plans to explore the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean. It was a longtime dream dashed—at least temporarily—just a day after they set sail. While navigating through John's Pass off Madeira Beach on Wednesday, the couple's 28-foot boat hit something—presumably a sandbar, per WFTS—and began filling with water. Though the couple and their dog swam to safety, they're now left with a sunken, uninsured boat and little more than the clothes on their backs. "I sold everything I had to do this and I lost everything in a matter of 20 minutes,"

http://www.newser.com/story/255295/couple-sells-everything-buys-boat-that-then-sinks.html

Were they singing "boats n hos?"

The Olympic coverage has been outright atrocious. Between the PF Chang's F-up, Katie Couric going on about people ice skating through the canals of Amsterdam, and the commentary about Korea modeling itself after a neighbor that brutally colonized them to decades, i'm perpetually amazed at how stupid we've gotten.

(And yes, I'm aware the PF Changs thing was not NBC but a local ABC affiliate in Chicago).

Edited by balki1867

34 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

The Olympic coverage has been outright atrocious. Between the PF Chang's F-up, Katie Couric going on about people ice skating through the canals of Amsterdam, and the commentary about Korea modeling itself after a neighbor that brutally colonized them to decades, i'm perpetually amazed at how stupid we've gotten.

(And yes, I'm aware the PF Changs thing was not NBC but a local ABC affiliate in Chicago).

Next thing you know, we'll elect a reality star halfwit to lead our country.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 2/13/2018 at 3:10 PM, MarkB452 said:

Hmmm...are they sure his name wasn't Sam Malone?