Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Biden Drop Out as the Dem Candidate? If so, Who Should Replace Him?

Jumbo

Should He Stay or Should He Go?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Joe Step Down as Dem Nominee?

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

I would think Shapiro is out. Even if he doesn’t care about her putting out that she’s pro Palestine, it becomes counter productive I would think 

You realize that Kamala's husband is jewish, right?  Turns out not everyone who is jewish automatically has to be 100% on board with what Israel is doing. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You realize that Kamala's husband is jewish, right?  Turns out not everyone who is jewish automatically has to be 100% on board with what Israel is doing. 

so I don’t know who her husband is, so no I did not know that. 

and yes, there’s a healthy number of Jewish people that are against what’s going on. I don’t believe any of them are voters that need courting but maybe I’m wrong?

I think her husband being Jewish and the VP being Jewish is different for a number of (what seems obvious) reasons. 

Just now, tshile said:

so I don’t know who her husband is, so no I did not know that. 

and yes, there’s a healthy number of Jewish people that are against what’s going on. I don’t believe any of them are voters that need courting but maybe I’m wrong?

I think her husband being Jewish and the VP being Jewish is different for a number of (what seems obvious) reasons. 

Fair enough.  I think the point is there are a healthy number of Jewish people that are against what is going on (as you say), they don't need to be courted, but young people who are against what is happening in Palestine DO need to be courted, and you can energize them without losing the aforementioned healthy number of Jewish people that are against what is going on.  

You can do this especially well if you are married to a Jewish guy, and you could do it REALLY well if your running mate is too.  But you don't pick Shapiro because of this, you pick him because he's a really good retail politician who has shown an ability to connect with Pennsylvanians and can probably do the same with Michiganders and Wisconsinites. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Just waiting for someone to drop the N-word on Kamala.....

Casual reminder that Trump didn’t come out of no where. It was **** like this being said decades ago….that good people pretended was innocent….that lead us here. **** like this invites the racists in. We all know what he is saying. But about a decade ago people would defend it. 

I make that point not to point fingers but to remind you to be vigilant and not accept bull**** like this from your friends who “don’t see color” or whatever other bull**** they have to say to excuse it. 

• Thanks 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Fair enough.  I think the point is there are a healthy number of Jewish people that are against what is going on (as you say), they don't need to be courted, but young people who are against what is happening in Palestine DO need to be courted, and you can energize them without losing the aforementioned healthy number of Jewish people that are against what is going on.  

You can do this especially well if you are married to a Jewish guy, and you could do it REALLY well if your running mate is too.  But you don't pick Shapiro because of this, you pick him because he's a really good retail politician who has shown an ability to connect with Pennsylvanians and can probably do the same with Michiganders and Wisconsinites. 

To me the calculus is: can they bring home PA, WI, and MI without Shapiro or do they need him to lock it in? Does Mark Kelly, an astronaut, not a politician attract more voters from all battleground states? Does he move the needle on turnout?

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

To me the calculus is: can they bring home PA, WI, and MI without Shapiro or do they need him to lock it in? Does Mark Kelly, an astronaut, not a politician attract more voters from all battleground states? Does he move the needle on turnout?

I think that's right.  I don't know what the outcome of that calculation is. I'm sure internal polling is underway as I type this. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agreed. Shapiro was my pick to replace Biden. For VP, I have no idea how he fills gaps she has ( 🤔

anyways. When I listen to conservatives I respect (because they are intelligent), I hear things like 

“the only knock on him is he has only been on the job for 3 years”

”he hasn’t been nationally tested, so maybe his mass appeal especially to moderates in PA isn’t as bad as we think”

”hell, I’d honestly vote for the guy if he was running in my state”

I put a lot of weight on appealing to moderates, and in the Trump era moderate republicans. I realize I’m at odds with many here. 

I think the Israel/palestine issue is a giant field of land mines. Like a field just made of land mines, no dirt. Every step something blows up. 

but I recognize that’s just my opinion and I may be totally wrong and there’s a way to navigate this that avoids my concerns. 

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I think that's right.  I don't know what the outcome of that calculation is. I'm sure internal polling is underway as I type this. 

Hah that’s been going on for 2 weeks. 

:) 

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Facts.

*Bernie Sanders has entered the chat

15 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Kelly sounds go, but not more important then shoring you the Midwest blue wall or taking a chance at picking off North Carolina (as part of the larger attack on close southern states that could be or should be purple, like Georgia or Florida).

Shapiro is staying safe, Roy is going for the jugular.  Roy has also been governor of his state way longer then Shaprio has.  If going for experience in running executive branch at state level to compensate for Kamala not having it, why pick someone who jus started?

I don't have a pick.  I'd lean towards someone with executive experience (sorry Mark Kelly), but my main concern is the person's skill at retail politics and ability to effective communicate and drive a message.  VP is the least powerful job in DC, so I just want the most effective campaigner.  

We should do a poll!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

One of the first two, please.

Mark Kelly - an astronaut and combat pilot in contrast to someone who wears eyeliner and looks like a slightly less coked-up version of Trump's depraved spawn?

Plus Kelly has better hair than Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

I love how fast they're panic cycling through things.

First it was essentially calling her a slut.

Then the fact that she...likes Venn diagrams and laughs.

Then going the racial route and calling her a "DEI hire"

Now they're just like "Um...I dunno. Try impeaching her or something?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

LOL, do they have the votes for that? 

Also, on the off chance they impeach her, the democratic-run senate would invent the trial rules and run the trial.

I would love for them to force their House members to cast a clown vote like that in an election year. Must be one of those 4-D chess moves they keep talking about.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

With the Senate so close, she shouldn't pick someone bound for the Senate. That means a governor or ex governor, someone like that. A mid West pick is ideal too if there's someone out there.

You have Pritzker from Illinois. But I would imagine a billionaire wouldn’t be all that well received.

He's not your standard billionaire, but isn't he old? Got to be someone young.

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I wouldn't trust Cooper to deliver NC. Hopefully they pick someone else. 

Not an East Coast guy. Give the impression of the two coasts and a big hole in the middle of the country.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I wonder if Trump pulling out of a debate with Harris (which to be clear hasn't happened yet, tho he appears to be laying that groundwork) will have any impact on 3rd party/RFK Jr. #s.

Pretty sure that a large # of Trump voters would vote for him if he died.  

• Haha 1