Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Biden Drop Out as the Dem Candidate? If so, Who Should Replace Him?

Jumbo

Should He Stay or Should He Go?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Joe Step Down as Dem Nominee?

8 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I don't remember who said that line but I think someone else said it first...I have to check.

Oh yeah I think Raskin used the "no convictions, but Trump has 34 line" first.

Not going after Beshear for using it, it's a good line, but I dunno, I'd hope a guy trying out for VP could come up with their own material.

That dig is good enough to share. 

12 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Why not celebrate your optimism with some Venn Pieagram?

vennpie.jpg.8d0a3094150cea4ad90ce25d3da586d6.jpg

Do you know where you can go to weigh a pie?

Somewhere over the rainbow …

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't like that Obama hasn't endorsed her yet.  

I think Obama is purposely sitting back and letting it happen.  He knows the power his voice has on Democratic voters and he doesn't want to spur any conspiracy theories about the influence he wields (i.e. he's the puppetmaster and secretly still in charge of the White House)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He’s been playing NBA 2k24 with me for the last 48 hours straight. I’ve been playing as Team USA but he always picks Kenya.

• Haha 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Joe Namath : Struggliiing

I think this was a failed attempt at a more than ten year old  joke. Mountain Dew had a commercial series in 2013 with a violent threatening goat voiced over by a rapper.  Mountain Dew withdrew the ads after being accused by some talking heads of racism and misogyny. Although others defended the ads.

it was a bit like a weak Chapelle Show sketch. But it says something to be bothered by a ‘woke’ commercial decision Mountain Dew made more than a decade ago.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

My guess Joe speaks early on the last day, probably around 8pm.

Gotta be before 8pm.  That's his bed time.

13 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

I think this was a failed attempt at a more than ten year old  joke. Mountain Dew had a commercial series in 2013 with a violent threatening goat voiced over by a rapper.  Mountain Dew withdrew the ads after being accused by some talking heads of racism and misogyny. Although others defended the ads.

it was a bit like a weak Chapelle Show sketch. But it says something to be bothered by a ‘woke’ commercial decision Mountain Dew made more than a decade ago.

I think he was just trying to make a joke that it seems like everything Republicans do, including something as innocuous as drinking mountain dew, gets accused of being racist.

I've made dumber jokes.  Usually when drunk...but I'm sure we've all been there.  None of us are on a presidential campaign tho.  Did no one vet this stump speech?

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm also perplexed, but if he gives some giant speech at DNC convention and goes on campaign trail for her, does he need to?

When I see tweets about Clooney endorsing, in my head that kinda dilutes the importance of endorsing versus helping where needed. 

I really don't care who Batman formally endorses, honestly.

george-clooney-batman-121823-tout-7c461c57ade840a68bd6f757cd768c24.webp

All of the spotlight is on Kamala right now and an Obama endorsement now would get lost in all of the other happenings.

The spotlight will eventually go back to Trump because he's going to intentionally do something insane to get the spotlight back (probably within 72 hours).  If needed, an Obama endorsement can bring the spotlight right back to Kamala.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Obama is waiting for Nancy to give him the go-ahead.

Can see Nancy Capone in a room pinching both of Kamala's cheeks while Obama closes the door on Biden...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm also perplexed, but if he gives some giant speech at DNC convention and goes on campaign trail for her, does he need to?

When I see tweets about Clooney endorsing, in my head that kinda dilutes the importance of endorsing versus helping where needed. 

I really don't care who Batman formally endorses, honestly.

george-clooney-batman-121823-tout-7c461c57ade840a68bd6f757cd768c24.webp

That's Batman with nipples and a codpiece to you.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1