Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

3 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I know it's the off-season...but scrolling through the back and forth over QB's who aren't Daniels is getting getting old....

Old? Wait until he plays his first NFL game in September lol

Joking aside...We all hope and want JD to succeed now that the team has real coaches.

I get the whole Trevor argument but it really doesn't apply to us right now. Who cares if the Jags overpaid him. Lots of teams do. You are right, not sure how Trevor sucking or not sucking and getting overpaid has anything to do with Daniels. His future hasn't even started yet. At least with Trevor their team is hoping he does better or will do better and decided to lock him up early. Time will tell. 

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

By the way, whether it was planned, the condom broke, or you were practicing the "it never fails (ha ha) pull out method", a sincere happy father's  day to you all!

That’s absolutely the weirdest Father’s Day wish I’ve ever heard.  Thanks I think 🤔 Not sure I’ll use it either😀

I will say, Happy Father’s Day to the real men doing the Heart work of supporting their families and the families of others. Appreciate your quiet love, sacrifice, and support and all the invisible things you do to keep your household moving!  May God Bless and keep you!

Edited by lovemaskins
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would say at the time the only thing that could work beyond Dan in a long shot way is an elite QB, not very good but elite play might be able to override the dysfunction mess but probably not because Dan would have been so smitten ala how he was with RG3 that he'd try to be his BFF and name a slew of other dysfunctional things he would have done.

It's unbelievable that this dude is finally gone.  We finally have a chance.  And I found it poetic that no one (aside from Ron) defended him as his tenure was ending.  Heck not even Gibbs who was nice speaking about him previously.  Heck even Jason Wright while being employed by him said it was a game changer.  

Bruh, there was NOTHING to defend. He’s a despicable person, period.  Good riddance!  Just reading thru the thread, he oversaw some of the worst mismanagement in sports history.  

He may be the worst pro sports owner ever, maybe Donald Sterling was worse.  His only saving financial grace is he parlayed the dot.com bubble into a teflon threaded John Wick NFL suit that protects from all financial damage… 

I can’t honestly remember anything positive he’s done in the last 10 years.  I think he did pay for the Chief Z’s funeral, but that’s about it. Honor is reserved for whom honor is due…

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

That’s absolutely the weirdest Father’s Day wish I’ve ever heard.  Thanks I think 🤔 Not sure I’ll use it either😀

I will say, Happy Father’s Day to the real men doing the Heart work of supporting their families and the families of others. Appreciate your quiet love, sacrifice, and support and all the invisible things you do to keep your household moving!  May God Bless and keep you!

I once applied for a job writing greeting cards for Hallmark back in the 60's.

I thought I did real well in the interview, but looking back on it I think it was definitely a mistake to show him my notebook filled with edgy off beat holiday "greetings".

His jaw literally dropped when he read them. I'm still waiting for a call back.

Just born ahead of my time I guess.

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I once applied for a job writing greeting cards for Hallmark back in the 60's.

I thought I did real well in the interview, but looking back on it I think it was definitely a mistake to show him my notebook filled with edgy off beat holiday "greetings".

His jaw literally dropped when he read them. I'm still waiting for a call back.

Just born ahead of my time I guess.

I bet there’s a real market for off color - odd greeting cards. Maybe something you should explore if you have the time and a passion for it. May be one of your two million dollar ideas a person supposedly has in his lifetime!

CTRs Greeting Cards - where love lost is never found! 

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I disagree. I blame Gibbs/Cerrato for locking in on Jason Campbell the day before the draft. Once Aaron Rodgers started falling we should have taken him instead of Carlos Rogers. Aaron Rodgers in Al Saunders offense with Gregg Williams D and Gibbs as head coach would have been something special. 

Except Rodgers went to Green Bay where he could develop in a stable, professional organization. He would not have succeeded here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Except Rodgers went to Green Bay where he could develop in a stable, professional organization. He would not have succeeded here.

Rodgers sat for 3 years there though. He would have started right away and under Gibbs. Oh the possibilities though. 

43 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Rodgers sat for 3 years there though. He would have started right away and under Gibbs. Oh the possibilities though. 

I am 1000% convinced he would not have developed here. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

He is crazy enough now. Can you imagine the **** show we would have turned him into?? I almost wanna see that alternate universe for the laughs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

As soon as any QB we had started looking like a stud, he would immediately lose the locker room because Dan was gonna go right up their rear end, making it very clear that he was the owner’s pet and was going to get special treatment as long as he let Dan hang out with him and feel like less of the dorky loser that he is.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I am 1000% convinced he would not have developed here. 

I also think it's quite possible that Rodger wouldn't have developed here. It wasn't just that he sat for 3 years in Green Bay. During that time, Mike McCarthy basically put him through an entire program that was tailored to Rodgers and was meant to refine everything from his mechanics to footwork to ability to read and react to defenses.

If you watch Rodgers at Cal you see a super traditional "ball next to the ear" throwing motion and very robotic footwork. You could still clearly see the talent, but he wasn't anything close to the Rodgers we see in the NFL, who has a much looser feel to how he plays (though his motion and footwork are still incredibly consistent, which IMO is even more important than the specifics).

If Rodgers had come here I wouldn't be surprised if he had ended up as a decent but not great QB, certainly not a HoF player. He would have been thrown to the fire immediately, there would have been no patience with him, and it probably would have affected his development.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I also think it's quite possible that Rodger wouldn't have developed here. It wasn't just that he sat for 3 years in Green Bay. During that time, Mike McCarthy basically put him through an entire program that was tailored to Rodgers and was meant to refine everything from his mechanics to footwork to ability to read and react to defenses.

If you watch Rodgers at Cal you see a super traditional "ball next to the ear" throwing motion and very robotic footwork. You could still clearly see the talent, but he wasn't anything close to the Rodgers we see in the NFL, who has a much looser feel to how he plays (though his motion and footwork are still incredibly consistent, which IMO is even more important than the specifics).

If Rodgers had come here I wouldn't be surprised if he had ended up as a decent but not great QB, certainly not a HoF player. He would have been thrown to the fire immediately, there would have been no patience with him, and it probably would have affected his development.

We still had Brunel and Ramsey.  Campbell also sat for a season and half. To claim Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders would not be able to develop Rodgers is nonsense in my opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

Bruh, there was NOTHING to defend. He’s a despicable person, period.  Good riddance!  Just reading thru the thread, he oversaw some of the worst mismanagement in sports history.  

He may be the worst pro sports owner ever, maybe Donald Sterling was worse.  His only saving financial grace is he parlayed the dot.com bubble into a teflon threaded John Wick NFL suit that protects from all financial damage… 

I can’t honestly remember anything positive he’s done in the last 10 years.  I think he did pay for the Chief Z’s funeral, but that’s about it. Honor is reserved for whom honor is due…

Agree but Ron indeed defended him regardless.   Just Ron towards the end, no one else from what I recall.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

As soon as any QB we had started looking like a stud, he would immediately lose the locker room because Dan was gonna go right up their rear end, making it very clear that he was the owner’s pet and was going to get special treatment as long as he let Dan hang out with him and feel like less of the dorky loser that he is.

A video that simultaneously makes me want to laugh 🤣 ,cry😭 and puke 🤮 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We still had Brunel and Ramsey.  Campbell also sat for a season and half. To claim Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders would not be able to develop Rodgers is nonsense in my opinion. 

Neither Gibbs nor Saunders were really "QB whisperer" type coaches. They were more overall offensive game plan wizards where the QB was a piece of the puzzle. They were "plug and play with a QB and my system will work" guys (and they weren't wrong, at least for their eras when they were successful). I don't think either of them would have done anything near the kind of work that McCarthy did with Rodgers over a couple of years that really helped to mold Rodgers into the QB he was to become.

So no, I don't necessarily assume that Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders would have developed Rodgers the way he developed with the Packers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oh, my God. That was almost too much cringe to watch. Jesus. Also, Dan had himself some mini man boobs there.

I think we are just in the total opposite place now both with regards to owner and QB. 

I know everyone here is trying not to rush to judgment, but I’m feeling super good about Daniels. And it isn’t just the mini-camps. He seems universally to have been seen as an elite prospect, even better than Caleb to a few. His processing was reputed to be great and he’s already processing better than the 8-9 year veteran we brought in to mentor him. The motion and accuracy and feet have been just as good as billed. The work ethic, just as good as billed. And we haven’t even seen the wheels yet. And then, we have real coaches and a real GM and a real owner now to build around him and help develop him. I haven’t been this excited about our long term prospects since I was a kid. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Oh, my God. That was almost too much cringe to watch. Jesus. Also, Dan had himself some mini man boobs there.

I think we are just in the total opposite place now both with regards to owner and QB. 

I know everyone here is trying not to rush to judgment, but I’m feeling super good about Daniels. And it isn’t just the mini-camps. He seems universally to have been seen as an elite prospect, even better than Caleb to a few. His processing was reputed to be great and he’s already processing better than the 8-9 year veteran we brought in to mentor him. The motion and accuracy and feet have been just as good as billed. The work ethic, just as good as billed. And we haven’t even seen the wheels yet. And then, we have real coaches and a real GM and a real owner now to build around him and help develop him. I haven’t been this excited about our long term prospects since I was a kid. 

Agreed. Say what you will about Farquaad, but he definitely had a nice set, ‘er, well, you know.😂

Agreed about Daniels. Now if he’ll just learn to slide or get out of bounds, he’s got a shot at avoiding RGKnee’s fate. 

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Sooooooooo are you saying that Josh has major man boobs?? 😂

Crap I screwed that up 

Edited by AlwaysBeRedskins2Me

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Neither Gibbs nor Saunders were really "QB whisperer" type coaches. They were more overall offensive game plan wizards where the QB was a piece of the puzzle. They were "plug and play with a QB and my system will work" guys (and they weren't wrong, at least for their eras when they were successful). I don't think either of them would have done anything near the kind of work that McCarthy did with Rodgers over a couple of years that really helped to mold Rodgers into the QB he was to become.

So no, I don't necessarily assume that Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders would have developed Rodgers the way he developed with the Packers.

Mike McCarthy is better with QBs than Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders plus he is solely responsible for Rodgers being a hof player?  Dude come on. 

19 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Mike McCarthy is better with QBs than Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders plus he is solely responsible for Rodgers being a hof player?  Dude come on. 

McCarthy was known as a QB guru, Gibbs and Saunders were more offensive system gurus who generally didn't place as much outsized importance on the QB.

And no, McCarthy is not solely responsible, but his intensive training and refinement of Rodgers over the 2 years before he even became the starter definitely impacted Rodgers in a huge way as far as developing into the QB he did. Rodgers has said as much.

I just don't think Gibbs or Saunders would done anything like that. They would have simply taken Rodgers as he was, inserted him into their system, and let it go from there. That's why I said i still think Rodgers would have probably been at least a decent or good NFL QB, but I have doubts that he would have developed in the way he did in GB.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I wholeheartedly concur with your take on JD. Though I was a Maye fan pre-draft, I've done a complete 180 on JD since the draft. To the extent that I think we nailed the best QB in the draft. Like @mistertim, my biggest worry with JD is that he learns to slide and not take the rag-doll hits, but if he can slide or jump out of bounds and not be the hero, I think the kid is brilliant and driven, and the world is his for the taking. If he can stay healthy, he will be great!

As Bobby Wagner said Thursday, "Bro, It's June. Talk to me at the end of pre-season and I'll let you know". But so far, from what I've seen and heard of his limited time here, I will say that I was wrong about my evaluation of him pre-draft where I argued that if JD and Maye were each to sustain an injury that would limit their mobility as a dual-threat, and make them a purely pocket-passer, that JD would be reduced by half and Maye would succeed. I can see now that the kid has all the tools to excel as a pure pocket QB. And I am glad to be wrong.

What I am curious about is the next 6 weeks until training camp. And the AI that is being developed for him to train on his own. From the little I've read about what the system is, and how it helped him at LSU, it seems like a great tool for helping him learn the playbook and read defenses in real time. I know that it's not widely used yet, but since JD already had access to it at LSU, that he may have the inside scoop to have it tailored for him to use pronto, with our playbook installed. Does anybody have any info on this? And if so, can you describe what the AI actually is and does? Very interested to know if Jaden can make some huge leaps between now and TC.

Edited by mudhog
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

One very profound word comes to my mind as I watch whatever this is.  "Yuuuuuuuuuck!"  That looked like some real nasty work.🤢

20 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

A video that simultaneously makes me want to laugh 🤣 ,cry😭 and puke 🤮 

Just puke for me, and maybe a little anger. These images of our tormentor humiliating himself you’d think would be cathartic by I just find them vomit inducing. We all heal differently, and it’s happening slowly but surely for me. But I suspect my battered fan syndrome will still be flaring up for years to come. Perhaps when the Danders moniker and those horrific uniforms are finally thrown in the dumpster, I’ll finally feel like his evil clutches have been exorcised from my soul. But for now you should put some kind of “this content may be disturbing“ disclaimer if you’re going to post these videos.

• Like 1