Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

47 minutes ago, mudhog said:

I know we are about to look at a month of down time where the players are away with their families and on their own with their playbooks, but how much time are players allowed to spend at the facility in the company and tutelage of coaches and staff during this time? Is the facility closed? Are coaches off limits? I know the CBA sets limits on what can be asked by a team of it's players, but if the players initiate the contact with the coaches, why cant they work all summer with them? Or can they? Thanks KD

No idea. They change these rules so often it’s hard to keep track of.

I’m sure they are allowed contact with coaches and definitely other players. No idea on facilities.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

No idea. They change these rules so often it’s hard to keep track of.

I’m sure they are allowed contact with coaches and definitely other players. No idea on facilities.

Thanks. Somehow I grouped you into the college/farm team/AAA coaching that fed the pro teams and had access. I've often wondered why a pro football career couldn't be treated more like a military enlistment. Where you are always around it and have access to schools and dining facilities and weight-rooms, but also have your own life when you're not at work.

46 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Thanks. Somehow I grouped you into the college/farm team/AAA coaching that fed the pro teams and had access. I've often wondered why a pro football career couldn't be treated more like a military enlistment. Where you are always around it and have access to schools and dining facilities and weight-rooms, but also have your own life when you're not at work.

I am not in the system. I coach football. Have been at college and HS levels. So I guess I’m semi in the pipeline but very very very far removed. 

They change these rules due to the Player Union. They are changing them again, too. They are looking into not having OTAs and extending camp for a bit, which a lot of players are against but it could happen. These rules change all the time and it’s usually the wrong reasons. I stopped trying to keep track of them.

• Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I am not in the system. I coach football. Have been at college and HS levels. So I guess I’m semi in the pipeline but very very very far removed. 

They change these rules due to the Player Union. They are changing them again, too. They are looking into not having OTAs and extending camp for a bit, which a lot of players are against but it could happen. These rules change all the time and it’s usually the wrong reasons. I stopped trying to keep track of them.

Aren't football coaches teachers?

Posted (edited)

Jayden Daniels throws out the ceremonial first pitch at Nationals Park...

On the bright side at least we won't have to worry about him pulling a Deion and moonlighting in the majors.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

I guess the Dan Quinn hat effect does not have transference and only applies to our team gear.

Either that or the Nats told him to turn it forward 4 the cameras.

lol

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I ****ing hate that stupid pig.

I'm not sure I have ever seen an animal I want reduced to its byproducts more.

mmm Bacon....

Did he get promoted yet or is he still a Major?

So many athletes from other sports throw terrible 1st pitches I have to wonder if it is a mental thing because they don't want to throw it like an actual pitch so it is hard for them to throw the ball accurately when they are soft-tossing.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

How does a professional nfl quarterback throw such a pathetic looking first pitch?

Is it like a thing where you're not supposed to put any effort in?

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

So many athletes from other sports throw terrible 1st pitches I have to wonder if it is a mental thing because they don't want to throw it like an actual pitch so it is hard for them to throw the ball accurately when they are soft-tossing.

For NFL QBs at least its kinda like checkdown pass logic.... but worse. Your asking dudes who have trained their bodies to throw a certain way to do something radically different. Under spotlight pressure. With a different shaped and significantly lighter object, on a 20+ yard pass. Unless you got some XP like a Russ Wilson, you aint walking out there and consistently dealing dimes. You may be able to get a good one X/10 times, but not consistently and not on command.

Look at MLB pitchers when they have to throw to 1st base. You would think that is the easy part of the job, but so many guys struggle with it. Suddenly the guy who has been buzzing pitches past home plate has to take 60% of the gas off his throw, not utilize his pitching windup and put it in a catch able position for a guy where a bad throw could be a hospital ball via and oncoming freight train down the 1st base line. Oh, and there's a time limit. Many of them will opt to granny throw it instead if the opportunity presents itself, and these are guys that throw baseballs for a living.

That being said, JD's pitch was not very good and the lockeroom should never let him live it down. lol.

If I was ever in that spot I'd just be a bad sport and put one in the netting behind home plate.

4 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'm pretty sure this qualifies as the worst pass JD has thrown all offseason.

So in typical ES fashion... Time to panic?

DyValxxXQAAGze5.jpg.bf381b5ee9dc047a716c12b8d3117769.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I'm pretty sure this qualifies as the worst pass JD has thrown all offseason.

So in typical ES fashion... Time to panic?

Yes, it's clear JD isn't going to work out. I hear Josh Rosen is available.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

One thing Philly has over us: mascots

12 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Bust.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

If I was JD I would have thrown the ball that would have hit that stupid pig in the head and thus knocking him over lol 

And then be like...

FZaL4AWXoAADC_7.jpg

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

You aren't alone.

Hopefully the next time we see that pig, it'll be like this:

7682083068_6a31ae764e_z.jpg

13 hours ago, redskinss said:

How does a professional nfl quarterback throw such a pathetic looking first pitch?

Is it like a thing where you're not supposed to put any effort in?

I think your second sentence is what it is.

It looks like he doesn't really put any effort into it. 

Like he knows that's his football throwing arm and he doesn't want to do harm to his shoulder or elbow throwing a hard fast pitch like a pro baseball player. 

I don't mind his pitch looking pathetic if he is protecting his arm.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Swoop is average, but the Phanatic and Gritty are the two best in all of sports. 

The Phanatic is in a class by himself, always has been. I was there the night Lasorda punched him in the head, happened right in front of me.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

People underestimate how hard it is to throw a baseball when its not something you've ever really done before.

And its clear that his football instincts took over - he brought it by his ear as if he were getting ready to throw a football.  Great for a release in football, awful for a baseball.