Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40121455/stud

"He's a stud," third-round receiver Luke McCaffrey said. "I know he's one heck of a quarterback and a lot of fun to play with from a personality standpoint. I've had a blast in these 24 hours with him. ... He's just fun to be around; he's good energy."

Added second-round tight end Ben Sinnott: "He has the 'it' factor."

Washington selected Daniels with the second pick in last month's draft, making him the franchise's latest hope at quarterback. The team started eight different passers in the last four years and nobody has started for more than three consecutive seasons since Mark Rypien from 1989 to '93. Since that time, Washington has drafted five other quarterbacks in the first round, and none became the long-term answer.

Daniels' presence led to more interest than usual in the Commanders' first rookie workout as approximately 55 media members attended -- at least 20 more than usual, according to a team spokesman. He smiled often and during breaks could be seen laughing with coaches or teammates. He lofted accurate deep passes down the middle of the field against no defenders and was accurate during a 7-on-7 drill, with one off-target pass that resulted in a one-handed grab by undrafted free agent Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint.

Daniels said Friday was just about "day one install" of the playbook. But he also said he soaked in seeing his helmet in the locker and putting on his yellow No. 5 practice jersey.

"Man, it was awesome," he said. He added that scenes like this brought out "that 9-year-old kid in me, just realizing that his dreams came true, and now I'm here but I've still got a long way to go."

Sinnott said he worked out with Daniels at times in the offseason -- as well as undrafted free agent quarterback Sam Hartman. He said he saw Daniels' accuracy on film and then realized it in person. He saw him, as others did, create plays with his legs as well.

"He's a super talented kid, a great dude I really like to be around and hopefully grow with," Sinnott said. "There are just guys who players naturally get attracted to and revolve around and he's got that personality where you want to work with him and want to watch film with him and you want to be out here working with him."

Daniels said this weekend is also about developing his leadership in the NFL, before he starts working with the veterans at OTA practices.

"Just being myself, being a hard worker," he said. "Don't try to be somebody I'm not. People see who's authentic and who's not. Try to make connections, talk to people. Obviously I'm 23, it's a lot of different age ranges in this locker room, so try to relate as much as possible, show them I'm all about the team, I'm all about hard work."

And, for now, it's about learning the playbook and then earning the starting job.

"Just going through the lumps of being a rookie and trying to learn how to be a pro," Daniels said. "I don't have a definitive answer for you what I needed to work on. I'm just trying to learn as much as possible."

Wow, what a friggin debut!

Is this really happening?

Have we possibly stumbled on the holiest grail of grails-- a charismatic qb capable of leading us to the Lombardi promised land?

Am I dreaming?

If I am, I'm gonna stay asleep as long as I possibly can.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

And here I was thinking surely no man would attend 3 😁 

Sounds like wild times, that's for sure. 

The first time your mind is blown and you were drunk anyway.

So after awhile you start to think--Did I really see what I thought I saw? Cuz that just ain't humanly possible.

So a few months later you go again-- just for scientific purposes. A case study. See if it was mass hypnosis or a hallucination...

Well it wasn't. lol

As for the third time...

I'm flat out of excuses. 😆

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, lavar1156 said:

Funny you mentioned that. I literally thought of Joe Flacco and his Joe Cool nickname when i was trying to think of a comparison.

In the 80s, Joe Cool referred to Joe Montana.  You know...the guy who won four super bowls for the 49ers.😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

In the 80s, Joe Cool referred to Joe Montana.  You know...the guy who won four super bowls for the 49ers.😉

What a stud he was.

Back in the 70s, Joe Cool was the original Snoop Dog.

Its time to announce Jayden the starter.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If you notice, there hasn’t even been a mention of “controversy” over whether he’ll start week 1 or not, it’s not necessary right now. It’s inevitable. There was a seismic shift when he walked into the building. 

It will inevitably come up from the beat reporters eventually , but nothing needs to be announced. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, Conn said:

If you notice, there hasn’t even been a mention of “controversy” over whether he’ll start week 1 or not, it’s not necessary right now. It’s inevitable. There was a seismic shift when he walked into the building. 

It will inevitably come up from the beat reporters eventually , but nothing needs to be announced. 

Agreed. The positive vibes out of the organization combined Daniels talents and approach lead to great optimism moving forward. At this point it would be a great disappointment if Mariota were to be the day one starter but no sense labeling Daniels that yet...even if we all know he will be!

16 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Tress Way is an absolute stud. What a pro. Love him.

Yep but he better start punting better or he will be out of a job. I love the dude but being 27th outta 32 starting punters in yards per punt isn't unacceptable. Better bounce back in 2024.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Yep but he better start punting better or he will be out of a job. I love the dude but being 27th outta 32 starting punters in yards per punt isn't unacceptable. Better bounce back in 2024.

Way was ranked 11th in highest percentage of punts inside the 20...that matters far more than yards per punt. Since all punters and all punts are not from the same place on the field, yards per punt is missing a ton of context to give that stat meaning.

Plus, Way had the 3rd lowest percentage of punts that were touchbacks. To rank 11th in highest percentage of punts inside the 20 and also be ranked 3rd in fewest touchbacks is impressive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Not the most important punter stat, plus like maybe half of the long snaps were off target which he won't have to deal with this year.  Tress will be good, now whether or not he's in the long term plans for this regime, I could see that being in question.  But I bet he is good this year.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Statement being made?  Things to come in the future soon?  :)  

Edited by RWJ
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

13 hours ago, Conn said:

So the conservative, measured take after today is that we got 6’4” Drew Brees with wheels, obviously 

More like a Brady / Lamar hybrid with the leadership of George Patton

• Like 1
  • Haha 7