Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

I've been saying he is going to be an upgraded Lamar Jackson that has the run threat (not as dynamic as Lamar, but who is?) , but he is a much better passer than Lamar so he is going to be insanely tough to defend. If we even have a top 15 defense, I expect us to be contending for a playoff spot. That's how much of a game changer I expect this guy to be. So glad I can continue to watch this guy QB one of my teams. 😎 I think Terry is going to have a record year with JD5 throwing the rock. They both have an insane drive and work ethic.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I think in the grand scheme of things, he has more upside than Maye so am happy with this selection. QB is the hardest position in professional sports to 'get right' but hopefully we have done so with Jayden. Fanbase just needs to be patient and see how it all shakes out.

• Like 7

I am trying to be mindful and respectful of the feelings of our members who are still actively healing from our selection of Jayden Daniels.

I’m hoping that even the most die hard Maye fans can at least get a chuckle out of this.

The Raiders seemed to actually believe that we had only two options; either draft a qb other than their guy Daniels, or trade the pick to them—a clear example of maintaining an obvious delusional world view while under the spell of powerful group think beliefs. 

For those who are still disappointed— schadenfreude can be the best panacea for the psyche of all…

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Haha 14
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

As a member of Maye Nation I have to say…I think we may have simply over valued him and under valued Daniels. By just about every count JD5 was QB2 in this draft, not Maye who only a small minority preferred. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but this was the right pick. Im fully on board(but do think Maye will also end up being good if the Pats develop him properly).

• Like 14

34 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I am trying to be mindful and respectful of the feelings of our members who are still actively healing from our selection of Jayden Daniels.

I was going to be okay whoever the selection but was definitely leaning Maye. That said, the more I watch and hear from him, especially that release and his overall QB traits, the more entranced I am. I'm not as into the draft content as many others here so I didn't see a lot him prior to the draft, but my goodness, the guy has "pure passer" written all over him. To add his running ability is to be almost unfair. Just need to keep him healthy* and I think we made the right decision, absolutely.

(*and it is interesting to note that he's way more durable than one would expect given his size. He also keeps his legs beneath him on runs and looks more of a natural runner than RGIII, at least to my eyes–the latter always had limbs flailing and akimbo it seemed, sticking out like gumby. I'm not saying he's on Lamar's level, but JD *is* closer in style as a runner to Lamar than to RGIII, something I didn't notice until recently.)

*If* he hits as we all should hope he does and given his high ceiling, he's going to be a unicorn-type player and superstar in this league. By gar it's been a while since we had a bonafide NFL star. Here's hoping! 

Edited by sinews
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Has #RaiseHail (which I kinda like, even as a timer) replaced #httr (which I loved, but it is associated with our glory days and former name) as our team’s officially preferred tweet hastag?

Prolly

Feels like a replacement for #TakeCommand

and on the nose-ish-ly lacks reference to current branding.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I wanted the team to draft 3 QB's before Daniels, 2 with a trade down. Reason being body and age and running style for fear of injuries. That's it never posted or commented on stats numbers, metrics, mother, Arm......I Commented on the hits he received and his style running and player comparable. I commented for the opposition quite a bit for what I wanted and who I like, with that said they picked J.D. and I believe in the front office and loved this draft top to bottom. To me he is Field's running, but a much better passer. His body is more a W.R. type while Jamar has a running back type build, he can take and give hits, straight arms what ever. Never had any hate for him and said in the end I would be on board if they pick him. Also think these coaches will be wise to keep him as safe as possible while using all his skills. Hail to the Commanders we have a new QB!     

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

A thought that occurred to me today, while reflecting on the draft in general and the Daniels pick, is that as much as I still have reservations, I would be way more concerned if , all other facets being equal, he were a 5'10" type a la Kyler/Bryce.  I think it gives him way more of a chance to grow into a consistent thrower of the football to the middle of the field.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 2:01 PM, FootballZombie said:

I don't think I have seen an interview where Josh Harris looked that chill... outside of the ones where he was probably blitz'd lol

Dude was mellow, flashed as smile several times, like a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

Good to see. He's bought in.

How refreshing was it just to listen to the owner and how he let the people he hired to make football decisions and saying it is up to the coaches as to who the starting QB is going to be or should be. 

Unlike the previous owner who hid behind closed doors and made decisions for the coaches instead and picked the players for them and wouldn't give the reporters any chance to interview him. So glad he dug his own hole to his demise. Good riddance.

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

I've been saying he is going to be an upgraded Lamar Jackson that has the run threat (not as dynamic as Lamar, but who is?) , but he is a much better passer than Lamar so he is going to be insanely tough to defend. If we even have a top 15 defense, I expect us to be contending for a playoff spot. That's how much of a game changer I expect this guy to be. So glad I can continue to watch this guy QB one of my teams. 😎 I think Terry is going to have a record year with JD5 throwing the rock. They both have an insane drive and work ethic.

We are gonna see I guess. Lamar is THICK compared to Jayden. And Lamar has missed 10 games the past 2 seasons. So yeah. I dont hate the pick. But all of us need to be prepared for missed games. Lots of them imo. 

10 hours ago, Cool Hwhip said:

he has more upside than Maye

Disagree completely. 

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

As a member of Maye Nation I have to say…I think we may have simply over valued him and under valued Daniels. By just about every count JD5 was QB2 in this draft, not Maye who only a small minority preferred. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but this was the right pick. Im fully on board(but do think Maye will also end up being good if the Pats develop him properly).

I didnt undervalue Jayden at all. It is about longevity and who will actually be there game day. We will see how that goes. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

This is why the constant bashing and name-calling of Daniels started to get really old

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm so happy we got Jayden Daniels....he's the real deal.  All he needs to do is just get used to the speed of the NFL,  I think he'll do great things for us!

Edited by srtman04

21 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Speak for yourself, I simply overvalued both of them. My QB rankings were (and this might wind up egregiously stupid) Maye > Daniels > Williams for the Top 3.

23 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

The outright homerism in this thread is hilarious.  "Upgraded" Lamar Jackson?  Much better passer than Lamar?  On what planet is this even remotely accurate.  Dude hasn't even played a down yet and is a better version than one of the best QBs in the league.  FML...  

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

47 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Holy crap that 2nd throw in the Orlovsky video. I can see Daniels to McLaurin absolutely abusing teams with that.

That was his best throw of the year.  It stood out.

I think the biggest reason why this time has a chance to be different is that the whole organization is united on Jayden.  Everyone is on board and they've cleared the deck so there won't be any hedging.  Everyone is married to the success of Jayden.

But we're definitely going to have to give him more support than we can right now.  Our weapons aren't good enough yet, and our line is definitely not good enough.  We have to change gears and be more aggressive in our team building approach now.  This is the time where we have to be the most aggressive at adding offensive talent than at any other point in Jayden's career here.  We need to hunt down a star receiver or running back that can carry the offense, and pay what it takes to get them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

That was his best throw of the year.  It stood out.

I think the biggest reason why this time has a chance to be different is that the whole organization is united on Jayden.  Everyone is on board and they've cleared the deck so there won't be any hedging.  Everyone is married to the success of Jayden.

But we're definitely going to have to give him more support than we can right now.  Our weapons aren't good enough yet, and our line is definitely not good enough.  We have to change gears and be more aggressive in our team building approach now.  This is the time where we have to be the most aggressive at adding offensive talent than at any other point in Jayden's career here.  We need to hunt down a star receiver or running back that can carry the offense, and pay what it takes to get them.

Yep I agree. I always go back to the Ravens with Lamar Jackson. They showed one of those behind the scenes draft day videos when they took Jackson and it was awesome how EVERYONE was all in on him from the get go. It wasn't the owner wanting a guy the coach didn't want, or the coach wanting one guy but the GM/owner taking someone else etc.

Our organizational infrastructure is solid and sound and right for QB development for the first time since Beathard/Gibbs. Does that guarantee anything? Of course not. But for the first time in over 30 years, there's a chance. Ultimately that's all you can ask for.

I think next year is the year we really get aggressive and go out and get some legitimate weapons. Its usually year 2 or 3 when teams go out and get their young QB that weapon. Bills got Diggs for Allen before year 3. Ditto Hill for Tua. But the Texans got Diggs before year 2.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, alaroche04 said:

The outright homerism in this thread is hilarious.  "Upgraded" Lamar Jackson?  Much better passer than Lamar?  On what planet is this even remotely accurate.  Dude hasn't even played a down yet and is a better version than one of the best QBs in the league.  FML...  

He is going to be…as in when he really hits his stride. That’s fine though, just watch and see over the next couple of seasons. Get excited over JD5 instead of worrying about what a fan believes is going to happen. 

43 minutes ago, alaroche04 said:

go and research Lamar’s passing stats by the way, especially in the playoffs. It’s very underwhelming. It’s a joke he won the MVP this past season as well. 

• Like 1

I was a big fan of Maye and a JD hater.  Mainly because I worry about JD getting injured with his reckless running style.  But it's not like myself and a lot of others that wanted Maye aren't all in on JD.  That's our QB now, of course we are going to support him and get behind him. 

Hopefully, he takes care of himself and has a long, healthy and successful career with us.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

If you can't get excited about a #2 overall pick blue chip QB with some incredible traits, then...I don't know. Maybe go find another hobby.

And this is coming from someone who was as anti JD5 as anyone. Embrace the future.

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep I agree. I always go back to the Ravens with Lamar Jackson. They showed one of those behind the scenes draft day videos when they took Jackson and it was awesome how EVERYONE was all in on him from the get go. It wasn't the owner wanting a guy the coach didn't want, or the coach wanting one guy but the GM/owner taking someone else etc.

Our organizational infrastructure is solid and sound and right for QB development for the first time since Beathard/Gibbs. Does that guarantee anything? Of course not. But for the first time in over 30 years, there's a chance. Ultimately that's all you can ask for.

I think next year is the year we really get aggressive and go out and get some legitimate weapons. Its usually year 2 or 3 when teams go out and get their young QB that weapon. Bills got Diggs for Allen before year 3. Ditto Hill for Tua. But the Texans got Diggs before year 2.

The Texans actually already had a big time receiver in-house in Nico Collins, we just had no idea he was that good until he took a mega leap last season.  Nico Collins was the third highest graded receiver in the NFL for PFF, with a 91.4, which is a sliver behind Brandon Aiyuk at 91.5.  He also had 11 AV, which is good for a middling offense.  I think we can safely say he was a top 10-15 WR last year, and being only 24, could easily keep ascending.  Diggs might not be the #1 receiver for them at this point in his career.

Also then Tank Dell was the second best rookie receiver until he got hurt in week 13.  Houston has a real panoply of weapons for Stroud.  We've really only got Terry and Robinson and a bunch of aging former stars who we brought in to show us how to play, and none of these guys are going to blow up and get 90 something grades on PFF.  So unless Jahan makes a massive leap like Nico Collins did, we need better weapons.  The sooner the better too.  We want Jayden to hit the ground running, because that helps secure everyone's job.  If he struggles and has a Bryce Young-type season, that puts everyone on the hot seat in year two.