Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

9 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Also had a faster 40-yard dash time than his brother albeit it was only by a tenth of a second. lol

A hundredth of a second. A tenth of a second would be MUCH faster lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

I am not nearly as bullish on this day as some. 5 picks and at best two possible day 1 major contributors, Sinnott and Sanristil. Newton won't see the field much with Allen and Payne ahead of him and Coleman and McCaffery are major projects.

Add in Peters serving up Dejean to the Eagles?! Hey I could be wrong, but plenty to not like here today.

Newton is going to see the field a TON, you are very wrong about that

McCaffrey will likely play in the slot immediately as well. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

These two guys are in position to get significantly better real fast.

I'm not sure about that with Sainristil.  He's going to be a 24 year old rookie, and he's tiny.  He needs to be good immediately, because most NFL corners lose that step really soon after 25.  But he's an All American and is already good.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You dont draft for year one. You draft for what theyll grow into in years 3 and beyond.

Could be right, but what if they don't grow enough and wash out?

Project picks are always risky and in today's league if you don't show early on, you most likely will be replaced quickly.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Kingsbury is gonna have some real fun with Sinnot and Mccaffery. Our offense will be fun to watch but might take some time to get going.

I don't have a good feeling about Kingsbury.  He and the OL coach were the two parts of our coaching search where it seemed like we got swindled.

Something about Kingsbury feels very smoke and mirrors.  Like his real talent is for latching on to authentic talent, doing less with more, getting fired, then landing on his feet with some other great job.  He's got this knack for coaching these genius QBs, and then they have the worst period of their football careers with him.  I wish we could do better for Jayden.

That said, at least for once our entire FO and coaching staff is on the same page about a QB.  If we have to replace Kingsbury in 2025, we can do that.

• Like 5

Just now, Going Commando said:

I don't have a good feeling about Kingsbury.  He and the OL coach were the two parts of our coaching search where it seemed like we got swindled.

Something about Kingsbury feels very smoke and mirrors.  Like his real talent is for latching on to authentic talent, doing less with more, getting fired, then landing on his feet with some other great job.  He's got this knack for coaching these genius QBs, and then they have the worst period of their football careers with him.  I wish we could do better for Jayden.

That said, at least for once our entire FO and coaching staff is on the same page about a QB.  If we have to replace Kingsbury in 2025, we can do that.

You might be right. Im not completely sold on KK either but I think hell do well as just an OC. Remember, Kyle Shanahans reputation was an all time low before Dan Quinn made him his OC in Atlanta. Completely turned him around. 

12 minutes ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

Newton won't see the field much with Allen and Payne ahead of him 

how much of our games did you watch when we had Allen, Payne, and Ioannidas? All three of them are, and are well

29 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Newton is a future starter and eventual replacement for Allen or Payne. When they are up for next contract; we probably won’t resign them.

The Adam Peters Project will trade Allen at the right time for value. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

how much of our games did you watch when we had Allen, Payne, and Ioannidas? All three of them are, and are well

Not sure how much will will do that this time around, but a 2nd rounder pick is kinda high for a rotational player. Sure, he might become a starter at some point, if we decide to move on from someone. But he's likely not going to have a big impact for a few years.

No big deal, but one thing I couldn’t help but notice was how cheesy our War Room looked.  Just tables draped with black table cloths in a plain space that looked like a meeting room in a Ramada off Route 1.

Not a good look.

• Haha 3

Just now, Dan T. said:

No big deal, but one thing I couldn’t help but notice was how cheesy our War Room looked.  Just tables draped with black table cloths in a plain space that looked like a meeting room in a Ramada off Route 1.

Not a good look.

Been like that for awhile. I wonder when that is going to get upgraded.

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Not a good look.

I know you are Mr Clean and all :806:... but I just want a good look on the field. :) 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Not sure how much will will do that this time around, but a 2nd rounder pick is kinda high for a rotational player. Sure, he might become a starter at some point, if we decide to move on from someone. But he's likely not going to have a big impact for a few years.

He’ll have a big impact right away, and it’s not dependent on moving on from someone. People were drooling at the idea of Chop Robinson at the top of the 2nd, and he would’ve been a rotational player for his entire career, likely. “Rotational player” is just a loaded term in this super specialized league. Newton was better value than that imo.

And in regards to the DL rotation, it’s not normal for DL to play the high snap counts ours do (well, Payne at least), even though in the past they’ve gone through stretches of handling it really well. 

3 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Been like that for awhile. I wonder when that is going to get upgraded.

When we have a beautiful new facility for the staff and players. Eventually—probably depends where the new stadium is 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

McCaffrey feels like the one potential exception to this. Peters having such intimate knowledge of the prospect makes this either a slightly biased nepotism overdraft (loving the player and knowing we don’t have a 4th), or a chance at a real steal. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I did a 'meh' when KK was ripped from the clutches of the Raiders. Then I heard him speak about what he's learned and at least he's not in charge (as HC). He is not inspiring, nor seems like a workaholic...appears aloof and unrefined.  I'm hoping that The Adam Peters Project has worked it out with Dan Quinn to get the most out of KK.  They did give him 3 yrs. You don't want a #2 pick QB to learn new offenses each year. I don't think KK is getting another HC job even if he turns the offense around after 1 year. It's common knowledge that having your next OC in the building is a requirement for continuity for a franchise QB. That being said, KK started making it a point that this offense won't be 'air raid' and is supposed to be a scheme that takes advantage of the talent they've got and what they do well.   Not holding my breathe.

• Thumb up 1

The Rams are having an epic draft.  How tf are they so good at the draft, and yet they farted away all of their draft picks for about eight years in a row?

Sneaky great FO.  Famously great coaching staff.  They've reloaded.  That division is going to be a bloodbath next year.

• Like 2

Love that haul of no picks. Round 2 has given us three studs. Anyone that remembers us taking Thomas,Davis and Kelly together In round 2 should embrace this moment.

The DL pick is great. First round grade. He’s a player. 

I also like both third rounders. Perhaps a heavier lean on need came in. And maybe the lack of a 4th rounder pushed the WR pick.

all round - great day 2 of the draft IMO.

• Thumb up 1