Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Grumble.  I was hoping he would drop so we could grab him as backup/developmental guy.

I've heard good things about Joe Milton's athleticism. Gonna need that in our offense.

Maybe he is a target.

• Like 1

Just now, London Kev said:

Agree that we need QBs, but I don't think that we should draft another one, good business or not. I would rather pick a few up after the draft as camp arms and go into the season with Daniels, Mariota and Fromm/Driskol (sp?).

It's a moot point now, but just to point out: The last time we drafted a small framed athletic QB at 2, we also drafted another QB.

That worked out quite well.

Also when SF drafted a inexperienced athletic QB, they also drafted a second QB.

It's business. And it's good business, imo of course.

Just make sure both QBs know the lay of the land. Daniels is the guy they drafted to be the guy. The other is the guy they drafted as a backup and with the hope they have a great problem with two starting caliber QBs. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sinnott was my top TE, even over Bowers. I think he's going to beast the NFL.

He's unmatched as a blocker and has every tool to be a receiver. He's Cooley on steroids.

TE, FB, HB everything. This offense is going to run through him in a couple years.

Him over Bowers is just crazy pills ridiculous but I appreciate your passion for him and man, if you're right there (which for me is about 1 in 5000 chance), I'll eat heaps of crow and deserve it, that is going out on a limb lol. 

1 minute ago, method man said:

I think there may be some decent QB prospects who make it to UDFA

I don't. 

But who knows.

Just now, Black Market Bully said:

200.gif?cid=ecf05e477hwj7vyb3jfekpe0feui

If you'd like to contribute something other than bad GIFs, feel free to add some input.

• Haha 1

There are some things you can't coach.

Speed is one of them, love of the game is another.

Picking players that already have both and seeing how far you can help them get makes total sense to me.

Magee seems to fit that bill, keep hearing speed speed blitz blitz, if he's sent to the right gap and already in the backfield, man, that's half the problem for the offense right there.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Me neither.  I had to make choices about who to not watch and leave off my rankings because I ran out of time, and LBer came down to either watching Magee or watching Nathaniel Watson and I went with Watson.  But I'm actually excited to go back and watch Magee.  Picking him gives me a reason to, whereas I probably never would have watched him otherwise.

I watched everything I could but didn't get to LB or DTs except for I watched Newton's yesterday afternoon.

But yeah Magee's profile coupled with Peters track record for nailing mid round LBS has me excited to watch.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Eagles are so annoying. They always find a way to massively improve their roster both now and in the future. 

Yep, Im hoping we trade down in the 5th and pick up a '25 day 3 pick as a part of it. The work in '25 begins with trade downs now. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's a moot point now, but just to point out: The last time we drafted a small framed athletic QB at 2, we also drafted another QB.

That worked out quite well.

Also when SF drafted a inexperienced athletic QB, they also drafted a second QB.

It's business. And it's good business, imo of course.

Just make sure both QBs know the lay of the land. Daniels is the guy they drafted to be the guy. The other is the guy they drafted as a backup and with the hope they have a great problem with two starting caliber QBs. 

How about taking a flier on the kid from Tulane? I thought he was pretty good. 

Just now, KDawg said:

I wouldn't mind Pratt. I kind of liked his game.

I don't know if Pratt could become a starter, but I think he could be the next journeyman of note.  Guy was just lights out last year.