Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

I think you're all dangerous . That's why I accepted the mod job: To bring law and order to a ruthless perilous hellscape and leave a long line of bodies behind me of those who viciously opposed this sacred mission. 

patton.jpg.c79fab9c63c845d474df49bfbfc0e2f7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, method man said:

The point is, if you thought my statement was rude, why did you follow up with a rude response? You have a history of doing this regularly. 

Because it’s fun! It’s like getting a free pass to misbehave 

7 minutes ago, method man said:

Rereading my first sentence, could I have stated it better? Sure. Unlike most threads, this is one tied to a rapid pace event.

You don’t need to try to be a shadow mod on this board. We have a good group of mods doing an excellent job of keeping things organized in such a way that it has been the “cigar room” of team discussion and has kept me coming back here the last 20+ years.

This is my last post on the matter because I’d rather talk draft rather than prioritize subjective opinions on forum decorum today

I would never shadow mod, those guys suck! 

For real though, this community has always thrived on self-policing. Aka when we say something dumb, someone tells us it was dumb. I myself love to call someone who makes a dumb post a dummy, and have been on the receiving end at least as many times. It’s half the fun. I try to stay away from commentary on an entire segment of fans or opinions, but probably don’t succeed there either. 

Detour over 👍 I appreciated your thoughts on average FA contracts of players at the positions we’re drafting or could be drafting 

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

For me right now

1.  Austin Booker

2.  Cam Hart

3.  Cade Stover or Jared Wiley

Wiley would be sweet. Our TEs have been so weak at best and that's being kind.  

41 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

PSU guy here. Theo Johnson is nothing special at all. I promise you. 

I haven't seen him play a lot, what added him to my radar were reports of our team looking at him and having nice things to say.

I'd rather have sinnot for sure.  Jaheim bill and Stover are the only other TE I think are worth maybe shaking the board up for at that position.

10 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I'd like J. TROTTER, STOVER OR BRENDON RICE. From the beginning I wanted all 3 of McCaffery, Trotter and Rice. We have 1 of them and 2 are still left. 

Maybe I have a man crush on Brendon Rice, its possible, but seeing the stories about his dad works with him, and how hard he works, makes me think that's a guy I want to find a way to get on my team. I'd cut 2 WRs for a guy that works like that.

And there went Tory Taylor, Jaylen Wright and CAde Stover

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There goes my dream of a two Punter formation. Damnit.

I think we need a dual long snapper formation. First one snaps to second one who snaps to the first punter who has a punt/pitch option to second punter. Like an RPO but punting. 

• Haha 2

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Miami took Wright. The rich get richer. That is another dangerous weapon for them. 

I can't help it. I'd like to see Miami make it as a big dog. Them and Cinci in the AFC.

Love Mike the Nerd and a lot of the guys on both teams/in both orgs.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Favorite over Bowers wow.  He was my #2.

I'd seriously consider Stover, Wiley, McClaughlan in the 5th if one of them falls.  Packers last year doubled up on TE.

I still favor edge though in theory if the draft keeps going like this or CB.

'

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 12.57.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 12.58.05 PM.png

My guy didn't make your list. Baylor Cupp.

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

We should go find the biggest fattest TE in the draft, feed him milkshakes and half-smokes until he’s fatter and put him at tackle. 

I tried that with me and it didn't work. 

• Haha 2

Damn, Arizona has loaded up in this draft.  They really beefed up their secondary, and if they can continue building their lines, they can get good.  Really tough division, but they could be a worst to first candidate.

The Rams are having a home run draft though, they're getting a lot better too.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1