Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

13 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Ok.  2nd round.  Pick 36 & 40.  

Who is everyone wanting at 36?  Im hoping it's AD Mitchell or Cooper Dejean. 

Some other options:

Kool-Aid

Edgerrin Cooper

Kingsley Sumatra

Ennis Rakestraw

AD Mitchell is extremely talented but I’ve read he’s a typical diva WR, not a great team player, and sort of a douche overall.

Regardless, we have a big time in with Sark at UT and some others on their staff so we should have a good idea about his football character as well as a bunch of other Texas guys.

1 hour ago, alaroche04 said:

You can play DeJean at multiple spots in the secondary and he returns kicks.  Get that man.

The return aspect of his game is being overlooked. Especially with the new kickoff rules. He is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kalu44 said:

If he is that special, I hope they are trying to trade up for him.

Problem there is, 2 teams ahead of them (AZ, BUFF) also have real need at CB. But crossing fingers for DeJean anyway.

Edited by Dah-Dee

25 minutes ago, MrJL said:

one thing though.  JJ is a Michigan QB. Kirk was a Michigan State QB

kid could show some brains and not immediately insult the respected dude that just spent the last 5+ years in the locker room with all the proven NFL players he’s about to step on the practice field with. That he’s proven nothing to. It was thoughtless 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Cooper DeJean and then Ladd McConkey please and thank you

We didn't agree on anything before but on this, I think I'm with you, of the best guys available, I think DeJean, McConkey, Kool-Aid if the med flags aren't there, I go back and forth on Paul, but I think if Paul is still there at 36, I wait. Chargers and Titans already got their OL's, decent chance he slides to 40 or further, plus other guys I would like to wait on and target later even than 40. 

I think there is consensus that Ladd, Kool Aid, Dejean are the best possible picks for us. So all three will be gone at 36.

In that scenario I’m not opposed to Paul. Was adamantly against trading up for him last night but selecting him at 36 is a better feeling. 40 would be an even better one.

But there are so many players left who I think could help us.

Corley.

Corum.

Sinnott.

Stover. 

Kinchens (will likely be available later).

BEEBE.

I don’t understand why people have fallen asleep on Beebe. I still think he’s the best lineman in the draft and I’d rather have him than OT 7. 

• Like 3

Just now, KDawg said:

I think there is consensus that Ladd, Kool Aid, Dejean are the best possible picks for us. So all three will be gone at 36.

In that scenario I’m not opposed to Paul. Was adamantly against trading up for him last night but selecting him at 36 is a better feeling. 40 would be an even better one.

Corley.

Corum.

Sinnott.

Stover. 

BEEBE.

I don’t understand why people have fallen asleep on Beebe. I still think he’s the best lineman in the draft and I’d rather have him than OT 7. 

Because people don’t want to use 36 on a guard

• Like 2

Beebe is a guard, but could be valuable if Cosmi can kick back out to RT and then wont have to deal with Wylie sans something bad happening.

Not the best Oline washington has put on the field, but an upgrade no less.

LT still a concern but could potentially scheme the LT out of certain matchups with JD5 legs.

• Like 1

Hoping for Mitchell and then Rakestraw 

I know we want tackle But I wouldn’t mind trading a 3rd and 4th to jump back into the late 2nd and draft Powers-Johnson. 

I think he is the best o-lineman left and I want our interior to be shored up for Daniels his rookie year. Edge pressure he can run away from, interior pressure is awful for all QBs 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Corley.

Corum.

Sinnott.

Stover. 

BEEBE.

I'd love a trade down from 40 for him, got no problem with that. At 36, or 40, no, but a  trade down from 40, yeah. Sign me up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

I dont think 8 wins is even close to in the cards. Vegas put us at 6.5 supposedly, Im not sure where people will bet it, but I would suspect its an avoid because nobody buys 7-10, and people will be afraid that they're better than 5-12 team. I'd take the under on 6.5. 

My Ceiling projection: 8-9

My Expectation: 6-11

My Floor: 4-13

I tend to think we're gonna win 5 or 6, with maybe a 20-25% of an outlier 7 win season. 

I think we'll end up picking between 7th-13th next year. But top 5 is possible. 

Rock Bottom teams even worse than us: Carolina, New England, Tennessee-maybe, Oakland-maybe (the QB issue), Denver-maybe (the QB issue).....

Am I forgetting anyone? Maybe NYG, anyone else? 

Having a Top 10 next year would be great. Can get that blue chip ot or trade down a little.

Next year we can make a wild card run and then start contending in 2026.

57 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You guys can continue to clutch your pearls over this if you like, but McCarthy never said this. This is from a Twitter account that posts a bunch of funny "jokes" like this. 

It's the same guy who "quoted" Keenen Allen as saying he was most excited to play with Justin Fields when he got dealt to Chicago.

He also had a "news story" a little bit ago that Drake Maye was telling even NFL team that he would only play for the Vikings. 

Oh Good Lord.  I should have known better than to trust these tweets.  I can't keep track of which ones are parody accounts.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pauline you tease. 😀 McConkey has been my fav in this draft since last year

I am happy that it was Morgan and not Guyton they were interested in like rumors said.

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

Oh Good Lord.  I should have known better than to trust these tweets.  I can't keep track of which ones are parody accounts.

You should be ashamed. I, for one, have never been fooled by something like that. 

umm-ill-pretend-i-didnt-see-that.gif

Question for those that watch lots of prospect film: If I said I have a feeling we might take a tackle that’s high upside but not necessarily one of the well known prospects being talked about for these second round picks, who are some players that come to mind?