Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Schedule News, Rumors, and Mocks

kleese

44 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

According to that eagles schedule, Washington plays them week 11 on a Thursday night. 

I hate Thursday games.

People complain about the quality of the Thursday games, and now the league is going to have a Wednesday Christmas doubleheader involving teams that figure to be thick in the playoff race. SMH.

Granted, we can make exceptions to kick off the season on Thursday and Thanksgiving, but really would like the league to just go back to Sundays and Mondays.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

People complain about the quality of the Thursday games, and now the league is going to have a Wednesday Christmas doubleheader involving teams that figure to be thick in the playoff race. SMH.

Granted, we can make exceptions to kick off the season on Thursday and Thanksgiving, but really would like the league to just go back to Sundays and Mondays.

That's not ever happening.  People LOVE watching football all days of the week.  If the NFL could get away with being a year round sport, it would.  I bet we see an expansion to 18 games within 3-5 years, and games on at least every night of the week between Week 1 and Week 19 (whenever the league goes to an 18 game schedule).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, samy316 said:

That's not ever happening.  People LOVE watching football all days of the week.  If the NFL could get away with being a year round sport, it would.  I bet we see an expansion to 18 games within 3-5 years, and games on at least every night of the week between Week 1 and Week 19 (whenever the league goes to an 18 game schedule).

I think Tues/Wed will remain off limits other than special circumstances like Christmas. I also think they will always avoid Saturday until college schedule calms down in December. I do think some sort of Friday package could be on the table in the coming years. 

13 minutes ago, kleese said:

I think Tues/Wed will remain off limits other than special circumstances like Christmas. I also think they will always avoid Saturday until college schedule calms down in December. I do think some sort of Friday package could be on the table in the coming years. 

I say the more the merrier. I picture Heaven having at least one NFL football game every single day of the week!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was really hoping for Saints Week 3 but they host the Eagles so not possible. UCLA plays at LSU the day before. Would have been perfect football weekend for me. 

Eyeing 3 games right now. Opener at Tampa, at Cincy to watch my Heisman QBs face off, and the Bears game to watch JD5 outshine Caleb. Haven’t been this excited for a season since 2000. :lol:

Also highly recommend making the NOLA trip to anyone that hasn’t caught a NFL game there yet. It’s a giant party. You’ll love it. Saints fans egos are finally coming back down to earth. They were miserable to deal with for a while there haha. 

Posted (edited)

I think I’ve got the Bears game knocked down to Week 3, Week 7, or Week 14.

and week 14 is likely out because the league wants this match up before everyone figures out Caleb is a fraud. :lol:

Edited by BayouBrave86

2 hours ago, kleese said:

I actually think the opposite about weekdays. I think they'd be more likely to avoid Fridays and creep into Tuesdays for the same reason they avoid Saturdays (they are honoring their pipeline by leaving Fridays to the high school kids and not fighting the folks who will be sitting in bleachers at those games). 

3 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Ugh, I am sick and tired of these streaming services taking our ballgames! Soon we will have to pay monthly bills to Hulu, Netflix, paramount, pea****, Amazon, and HBO max just to watch every game. Smh. 

Bootleg is the way. 

crackstreams or worldcupfootball both offer sites that will stream all the games. 

I havent paid for Sunday Ticket in 10 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Here's what I deduced based on this site tracking schedule rumors (2024 NFL Schedule Release - Google Drive) and some inductive reasoning:

Week 1 (Thu Sep 5 to Mon Sep 9): at Tampa

Week 2 (Thu Sep 12 to Mon Sep 16): NY Giants

Week 3 (Thu Sep 19 to Mon Sep 23): Dallas

Week 4 (Thu Sep 26 to Mon Sep 30): at Arizona

Week 5 (Thu Oct 3 to Mon Oct 7): Cleveland

Week 6 (Thu Oct 10 to Mon Oct 14): at Baltimore

Week 7 (Thu Oct 17 to Mon Oct 21): Bye

Week 8 (Thu Oct 24 to Mon Oct 28): Chicago

Week 9 (Thu Oct 31 to Mon Nov 4): at NY Giants

Week 10 (Thu Nov 7 to Mon Nov 11): Pittsburgh

Week 11 (Thu Nov 14 to Mon Nov 18): at Philadelphia

Week 12 (Thu Nov 21 to Mon Nov 25): Carolina

Week 13 (Thu Nov 28 to Mon Dec 2): Tennessee

Week 14 (Thu Dec 5 to Mon Dec 9): at Cincinnati

Week 15 (Thu Dec 12 to Mon Dec 16): at New Orleans

Week 16 (Thu Dec 19 to Mon Dec 23): Philadelphia

Week 17 (Wed Dec 25 to Mon Dec 30): Atlanta

Week 18 (Thu Jan 2 to Sun Jan 5): at Dallas

EDIT:

- Updated to show Week 17 includes Christmas games.

Edited by balki1867

17 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

So now its:

Week 1:  @ Tampa

Week 2:  NYG

Week 4:  @ Arizona

Week 8:  Chi

Week 9:  @ NYG

Week 10:  Pitt

Week 11:  @ Philly (TNF)

Week 15:  @ NO

Week 16:  Philly

Week 17:  Atlanta

Week 18:  @ Dallas

I think week 3 looks to be a home game.  I predict Tennessee for that one.

• Like 1