Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Schedule News, Rumors, and Mocks

kleese

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Did not expect that.  Any game would have garnered a huge number.  Why waste Baltimore-KC?  I thought LAC @ KC made sense with Harbaugh's return to the NFL.

• Thumb up 3

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Did not expect that.  Any game would have garnered a huge number.  Why waste Baltimore-KC?  I thought LAC @ KC made sense with Harbaugh's return to the NFL.

I think it's because NBC has the Olympics this summer, and they now have a fantastic AFC Championship rematch that they can promote throughout the Olympics to set the table for early September.  Lamar Vs. Pat Mahomes is the juiciest game on the docket for the upcoming season (save for the SB rematch when KC goes to SF).  You can promote the hell out of that game all summer long while people tune into the Olympics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I don't think they need to burn Ravens-Chiefs for the opener. You could put anyone in that slot and get monster ratings.

I thought it would be LAC-KC or HOU-KC for the opener.  The NFL tends to save it's juicier matchups for later in the season.  I bet CBS isn't pleased that they lost their most attractive game on the slate to NBC.  I can definitely see KC-SF now being on CBS as a consolation prize.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if we play the Cowboys in the opener in one of the primetime slots. Daniels is generating a lot of national interest.

Could be the SNF opener in Dal@ss instead of on Thanksgving.  I'll take that instead of on Turkey day

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Thumb up 1

Schedule officially released Wed 8p EST. You can now start potentially actually believing some of the leaks depending on source. The leaks currently out there that might have some teeth: 

Cowboys at 49ers week 1 SNF 

Steelers at Falcons week 1

Again, not confirmed, but also not coming from total goofball/fake sources either 

• Like 3

For sure I'll check Wednesday night when it comes out, but for the first time in a LONG time I'm not on pins and needles waiting on the schedule. That's what 30 years of this team beating you down will do.

As usual, what is expected on ES are the usual takes of "we have the hardest schedule in league history" and "we got screwed bad because of x or y" :D

• Like 1

Tom Brady’s first game as an announcer for FOX will be Week 1, Cowboys @ Browns 4:25PM.

America’s Game of the Week.

You can cross both the Cowboys and Browns off as potential opponents at least for Week 1.

• Like 1

Cowboys, Browns, Eagles, Ravens all officially off potential W1 list. If the Steelers/Falcons rumor has any truth to it, you can cross those off as well. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, kleese said:

Cowboys, Browns, Eagles, Ravens all officially off potential W1 list. If the Steelers/Falcons rumor has any truth to it, you can cross those off as well. 

I bet you we open up with an opponent like Carolina or possibly on the road against the Cardinals for Week 1.  Maybe the NFL does us a solid like last year, and gives us an opponent with a non existent traveling fan base if we’re at home.  I remember Kevin Sheehan last year correctly predicting that the Cards would be our Week 1 home opponent for that very reason.  

If we’re on the road, it might make sense for us to play ARZ, since that gets our only trip out west next year out of the way early.  Either way, I predict we’ll be buried in a time slot where our game won’t matter at 1PM, or is the 4:25PM undercard for the Dallas @ Cleveland game.

Edited by samy316
  • Thumb up 3

3 hours ago, samy316 said:

I bet you we open up with an opponent like Carolina or possibly on the road against the Cardinals for Week 1.  Maybe the NFL does us a solid like last year, and gives us an opponent with a non existent traveling fan base if we’re at home.  I remember Kevin Sheehan last year correctly predicting that the Cards would be our Week 1 home opponent for that very reason.  

If we’re on the road, it might make sense for us to play ARZ, since that gets our only trip out west next year out of the way early.  Either way, I predict we’ll be buried in a time slot where our game won’t matter at 1PM, or is the 4:25PM undercard for the Dallas @ Cleveland game.

I want the NYG week one.....in NY. Perfect place to break in our new defense and run first offense. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if we play the Cowboys in the opener in one of the primetime slots. Daniels is generating a lot of national interest.

Nope. As already reported Cowboys @ Browns-4:25 pm game in Week 1, Tom Brady’s debut as broadcaster.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Posted (edited)

Monday Night Football Week 1:

NY Jets @ San Francisco 49ers.

So we know now that we're not playing on MNF, and that it's VERY long odds that we play on SNF Week 1 too.  My guess is that we play at 1PM against Carolina at home, or at 4:25PM on the road against ARZ.  We'll probably be in a matchup that has no hype or isn't anticipated by NFL fans.

Edited by samy316

5 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Monday Night Football Week 1:

NY Jets @ San Francisco 49ers.

So we know now that we're not playing on MNF, and that it's VERY long odds that we play on SNF Week 1 too.  My guess is that we play at 1PM against Carolina at home, or at 4:25PM on the road against ARZ.  We'll probably be in a matchup that has no hype or isn't anticipated by NFL fans.

Arizona would be a bit odd considering that was the opener last year.  And we opened against them on the road years ago too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If I had to bet us vs AZ on road? Us vs Car at home?

I know they've done the Giants vs Dallas back to back openers.  But otherwise isn't a bit odd to do the same opener back to back outside the division?

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

I think we will play on the road.  My guess is at Tampa.

I'd love that.  I'll be there if so.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know they've done the Giants vs Dallas back to back openers.  But otherwise isn't a bit odd to do the same opener back to back outside the division?

Would be odd,  seems like the NFL likes the rematch games. Who knows but NFL got people talking and that what they want.

Edited by Redskins 2021

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I think we will play on the road.  My guess is at Tampa.

I forgot about Tampa.  That's a game that would be buried at the 1PM slot or as the 2nd backup to the Dallas-Cleveland 4:25PM game.  Tampa Week 1 is interesting, but I hope it's a 4PM start, early September Tampa weather is brutal with the heat and humidity.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Arizona would be a bit odd considering that was the opener last year.  And we opened against them on the road years ago too.

Arizona & Washington are two irrelevant teams at the moment.  The NFL would be doing us a solid by starting us off with an opponent that we have a pretty good chance to beat week 1.  I could also see the NFL doing us a favor by having us open up at home against Carolina.  The Falcons & Panthers games might be the only games on the home docket that will have a majority of Washington fans, so it would make sense to schedule us an opponent with a small travelling fan base like Carolina (just like they did with ARZ Week 1 last year).

Edited by samy316

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Arizona & Washington are two irrelevant teams at the moment.  The NFL would be doing us a solid by starting us off with an opponent that we have a pretty good chance to beat week 1.  I could also see the NFL doing us a favor by having us open up at home against Carolina.  The Falcons & Panthers games might be the only games on the home docket that will have a majority of Washington fans, so it would make sense to schedule us an opponent with small travelling fan base like Carolina (just like they did with ARZ Week 1 last year).

I'd be really surprised.  It's super weird to have the same opener back to back years unless its within division -- if there was an opener I'd bet against happening its this one. 

9 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Would be odd,  seems like the NFL likes the rematch games. Who knows but NFL got people talking and that what they want.

Trying to recall the last time a team, ANY team had back to back openers against the same team aside from within the division.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Posted (edited)

I’m hoping whenever they play Arizona it comes with the Bye week sandwiched either before or after it… a long trip out West and followed by the Bye week, say around week 10 or 11 is ideal imho for a player 

Edited by Command The 414