Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Schedule News, Rumors, and Mocks

kleese

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

We had made the playoffs in both the previous seasons (2007 and 2015).

Unlike then, all 4 of the AFC North are capable of going to the playoffs.

I’d expect us to be enticing for schedule makers in 2 years, for the 2026 season.

That will have been after 3 years of drafts and free agency. Going into year 3, we should be fielding a team that contends for the nfc. So, that’s when we get a lot of national games.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Doesn't the NFL give WSH a home game on Monday night before Election day Tuesday?

Because they use our home game as some type of prediction, about the president election winner?

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, c slag said:

Doesn't the NFL give WSH a home game on Monday night before Election day Tuesday?

Because they use our home game as some type of prediction, about the president election winner?

came here to post this.  isnt it like 90% accurate or something?

1 hour ago, boston skins fan said:

came here to post this.  isnt it like 90% accurate or something?

Used to be pretty accurate in the 20th century. Since 2000, not so much. But to the point of Washington playing on the MNF prior to the General Election, I think it's still a go.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We'll get one Thursday Night game as everyone in the league does. My guess is either the Baltimore or Chicago game will be MNF, but a late season one that can be flexed out in case Daniels(and/or Williams in Chicago's case) doesn't live up to the hype early on.

Chicago game week 3 or 4 Thursday?  Don't have to flex it then.

23 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Schedule should be announced in a couple of weeks.

Potential national games:

Either Dallas game.

Either Philly game.

Atlanta- Reunion against Kirk

Baltimore- JD vs Lamar

Chicago- seems likely matchup between Top 2 picks.

I think May 9 us schudule day

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Chicago game week 3 or 4 Thursday?  Don't have to flex it then.

No guarantee Daniels is the starter to open the season. That's why I think any nationally televised game outside of TNF will be later in the year so it can be flexed out in case Daniels isn't the starter(or ends up sucking).

• Thumb up 1

Now that the draft is over, I think Washington probably marginally improved odds for some prominent games. If we were a “C” team prior to draft, I imagine we are a “C+” now. I think you’ll see a small bump in our “schedule profile” this year. Mock coming soon! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I had such a blast that weekend. New Orleans fans are probably the friendliest group to opposing fans. 

I echo that.  Been to my share of road games, New Orleans was the most fun.

2 hours ago, kleese said:

Now that the draft is over, I think Washington probably marginally improved odds for some prominent games. If we were a “C” team prior to draft, I imagine we are a “C+” now. I think you’ll see a small bump in our “schedule profile” this year. Mock coming soon! 

With Daniels wonder if in game 1...the Bears first round QB dual or versus the Ravens Daniels versus Lamar

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Good call here, would be a great Sunday night season opener in prime time.

There is a 0% chance of this. The opening SNF game is essentially the most coveted slot of opening weekend and almost always consists of SB-quality teams from the year before or a VERY high profile traditional match-up like Cowboys-Giants or Bears-Packers. 

I do think Bears at Commanders is an easy/attractive game to add to the TNF or MNF menu. 

After further consideration I think we should host the Bears the last game of the season, cold, windy, and who knows what else weather wise and neither team probably playing for a playoff spot and if they stay healthy I’m sure both Williams and Daniels by that point will be firmly rooted as their respected #1 QB, so end the season and both of their rookie seasons against each other… the finish of the #1 and #2 rookie campaigns…. 

39 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

After further consideration I think we should host the Bears the last game of the season, cold, windy, and who knows what else weather wise and neither team probably playing for a playoff spot and if they stay healthy I’m sure both Williams and Daniels by that point will be firmly rooted as their respected #1 QB, so end the season and both of their rookie seasons against each other… the finish of the #1 and #2 rookie campaigns…. 

Both of the teams will be eliminated form the playoffs by then and a less attractive of a match up by then. It would be more attractive and revenue wise for NFL to put them on a prime spot at the beginning of the season instead. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:55 AM, kleese said:

I create this thread yearly… while most fans are deep in draft mocks, I am dreaming of the schddule release and those mocks. As avid of a fan as I am, I do not enjoy much draft talk as I think no one really knows anything. But we DO know that a 17 game schedule will be released sometime in mid May and that’s even more important to me than the draft because every year when the schedule drops, it’s like MY schedule for the fall is being released as well. 

I started doodling mock schedules on my folders at school in the 80s and 90s— back when the scheduling rules and patterns were less set in stone. Also clearly remember checking the newspaper daily from sometime in late March as there was never any sort of announcement in advance. One day it was just there (used to be released much earlier in spring). 

As far as the 2024 schedule goes, we don’t know much… and I’d take any rumors at this point with a grain of salt. Rumors swirled that the first Brazil game was going to be Browns-Eagles and turns out it will be Packers-Eagles. 

We do know who (and where) we will play. 

What else do we know? 

—Bears, Jaguars, Vikings designated as London teams. I THINK this means they will “host” those games— we do not play road games with any of them. 

—Panthers designated for Germany. We host them this year so I don’t believe we’d be eligible for that either. Only asterisk would be if there isn’t a home or road designation for those games yet. But I don’t expect us to be on the International slate this year. 

—We will not be opening up on the first Thurs or Fri of season. Chiefs will host Thursday and we do not play them. Eagles will play Packers that Friday from Brazil, so we obviously also know Eagles won’t be our week 1 opponent. 

Gonna wait until post-draft to drop Mock 1.0; in general, I’d expect us to be handed a “modest” allocation of games on the national plate. Probably 1-2 more marquee spots than we’ve gotten the last couple of years for mostly obvious reasons. It was a surprise last year we weren’t on MNF—especially with the added games; I expect that to change this year. I WILL be surprised if we land on SNF; only way I see that is if it’s one of the Dallas games; probably early in the year. 

The NFL tries to limit travel for Thursday games, so I’m leaning hard to predicting at Ravens could be our Thursday game this season. I would not expect us on Thanksgiving this year. 

I’ll probably be at FedEx for Chicago to see JD5 outshine Caleb and fly out to Cincy for JD5 vs Burrow. 

On 4/29/2024 at 12:26 PM, SoCalSkins said:

I had such a blast that weekend. New Orleans fans are probably the friendliest group to opposing fans. 

I can’t stand Saints fans (was attending LSU during Brees prime years) but the Superdome is indeed a giant party and had a great time last time I saw us play there. Highly recommend everyone to make that trip if you can. That was the game we melted down with Cousins and poor Chris Thompson breaking his leg and the Saints won in OT. That fanbase is coming back down to earth quickly :lol:dang that was my last Skins game now that I think about it and I haven’t been back to FedEx since the RGknee game vs the Seahawks in the playoffs. 

Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The season finale is always a divisional game. And I actually think the Bears will be good this year now that they have a real QB and some legit weapons around him. D improved big time with Sweat too. They're my sleeper to win the division.

.  Remember Bears went 7-10

last year.  They just needed a qb. Nfc North will be interesting but the Bears could make wild card and nfc north could send 3 teams to playoffs.

Bears- Commanders in October.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

Now that we have Daniels at QB, I do think that he will be enough to get us an MNF appearance or two.  I now predict that we'll have 2 MNF games and 1 TNF game.  I still think that we will get shutout of SNF, and that we will not have a 4:25PM National Doubleheader feature game.

On 4/10/2024 at 4:39 PM, MartinC said:

We have an away game against the Cardinals in AZ this year. My home patch!

I will be attending and look forward to maybe meeting some of you around that game.

On 4/10/2024 at 8:46 PM, SoCalSkins said:

I’m coming to that game for sure. I will probably go to New Orleans as well. I’m hoping that one is in September. UCLA plays at LSU September 21. I would love for Washington to play the Saints the same weekend. 

AZ Meetup Part Deux?

@SoCalSkins IIRC you gonna drive in from LA?

@MartinC what part of AZ do you reside?  I am in Peoria, about 10 miles from the stadium. I can spearhead any group tickets if necessary.