Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Schedule News, Rumors, and Mocks

kleese

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I forgot about Tampa.  That's a game that would be buried at the 1PM slot or as the 2nd backup to the Dallas-Cleveland 4:25PM game.  Tampa Week 1 is interesting, but I hope it's a 4PM start, early September Tampa weather is brutal with the heat and humidity.

Smack in the middle of hurricane season too, so chance of heavy rain.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Maybe we open with chicago? Two top picks square off? I was thinking this as a TNF game?

There is no TNF Week 1, since the 1st Thursday game is always the game where the champions raise the banner and it's on NBC.  I doubt we play the Bears Week 1, because that's a recipe for TONS of Bears fans to take over the stadium.  If we open at home, it'll be against an opponent like Carolina or Atlanta.  The league doesn't want this team at home against a team that has a large fanbase, because that would be a bad look for an already struggling team.

Edited by samy316
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

There is no TNF Week 1, since the 1st Thursday game is always the game where the champions raise the banner and it's on NBC.  I doubt we play the Bears Week 1, because that's a recipe for TONS of Bears fans to take over the stadium.  If we open at home, it'll be against an opponent like Carolina or Atlanta.  The league doesn't want this team at home against a team that has a large fanbase, because that would be a bad look for an already struggling team.

Yeah I know there no TNF week 1, I was thinking a later game for bears vs commanders. 

44 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I forgot about Tampa.  That's a game that would be buried at the 1PM slot or as the 2nd backup to the Dallas-Cleveland 4:25PM game.  Tampa Week 1 is interesting, but I hope it's a 4PM start, early September Tampa weather is brutal with the heat and humidity.

Arizona & Washington are two irrelevant teams at the moment.  The NFL would be doing us a solid by starting us off with an opponent that we have a pretty good chance to beat week 1.  I could also see the NFL doing us a favor by having us open up at home against Carolina.  The Falcons & Panthers games might be the only games on the home docket that will have a majority of Washington fans, so it would make sense to schedule us an opponent with a small travelling fan base like Carolina (just like they did with ARZ Week 1 last year).

I predicted Atlanta and Carolina as our first 2 games.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The nfl aren’t doing a game like that to open SNF.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Sunday Night game is already scheduled…Cowboys at Browns… someone posted a Twitter link on previous page… so not going to be Commanders at Giants  

sorry it was fixed further down… my fault SNF still open as posted by others 

Edited by Command The 414

Just now, Command The 414 said:

The Sunday Night game is already scheduled…Cowboys at Browns… someone posted a Twitter link on previous page… so not going to be Commanders at Giants  

Cowboys vs browns is 430

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I believe that's the broadcast debut of TB12... ?

Edit: Not SNF, though.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Dallas-Cleveland is NOT a SNF game.  It's the 4:25PM FOX game.  Tom Brady's first game as an announcer for FOX will be Cowboys @ Browns.  Week 1 SNF has not been revealed yet.

Edited by samy316
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Cowboys vs browns is 430

IMG_1708.thumb.jpeg.70a2ab8676132216ff0d026e2bb396a2.jpeg

My bad… sorry for mess up the time wasn’t on there so I assumed it was SNF… my bad I’m sorry … I was to quick to post lol 😝 

Edited by Command The 414

2 hours ago, samy316 said:

early September Tampa weather is brutal with the heat and humidity.

The last time we played in Tampa it was November and it was brutal.

I'd like to go to that game but if it's early September I'm not sure I could handle it.

49 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

No way is Giants-Commanders gonna be the SNF game. Wouldn't shock me if we open with the Giants, but SNF? Don't see it. There are some way better potential matchups.

I tend to agree with this  I know that the Cowboys, Chiefs, Ravens, Jets and 49ers are already out of SNF for week 1, but Commanders-Giants is NOT a good game for primetime.  The Lions, Bears, Bengals and Chargers are still available to schedule for SNF.  Both Washington & NY are NOT more attractive options than those teams, so I really doubt that the NFL would schedule that game for primetime when they have other better quality teams still free to schedule.

Teams better than 

3 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

IMG_1708.thumb.jpeg.70a2ab8676132216ff0d026e2bb396a2.jpeg

My bad… sorry for mess up the time wasn’t on there so I assumed it was SNF… my bad I’m sorry … I was to quick to post lol 😝

Team better than us or Giants to open Sunday night.

Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville, Houston, Indianapolis, Tampa, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, LA Rams

Of the teams with losing records that could be on SNF, LA Chargers- due to Harbaugh or Chicago- due to Caleb Williams.

Giants - Commanders don’t have same appeal.

Both FOX and CBS get doubleheaders week 1, so the CBS 4:25 time slot is also available. And remember that the networks are no longer restricted to specific conferences.

Doubt we'd get that slot though. I think we're a lock for 1 PM.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Only thing going for commanders and gmen for opening night is they are both big markets.

Regardless, with jets out in SF that Monday gmen will open at home if it's against us or not.

Maybe Jacksonville vs Buffalo Sunday night. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Both FOX and CBS get doubleheaders week 1, so the CBS 4:25 time slot is also available. And remember that the networks are no longer restricted to specific conferences.

Sounds like that is NOT happening this year per a few reports 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

That’s not the case this year according to reports.  Only FOX has the doubleheader Week 1, and the main feature game as we found out yesterday is Cowboys-Browns.  We’re most likely playing at 1PM either on FOX or CBS or we’re the lesser distributed and viewed 4:25 game on FOX against the Cardinals.

Edited by samy316

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Peter Schrager predicted the last 3 SB winners, so he may be right. I would love that.  And this time come out on top against the Giants. That would be another turning the corner moment for me as a fan. 

• Like 1

Just now, skinsmania123 said:

Peter Schrager predicted the last 3 SB winners, so he may be right. I would love that.  And this time come out on top against the Giants. That would be another turning the corner moment for me as a fan. 

Schrager has way better sources than me (I know he says he’s just speculating, but he could be hinting) but I would be very surprised to see two bad teams from 2023 open in the premier TV time slot for the NFL w1. I very strongly feel it will be Lions, as they are the most marquee team from last year that hasn’t been announced for W1 yet. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, kleese said:

Schrager has way better sources than me (I know he says he’s just speculating, but he could be hinting) but I would be very surprised to see two bad teams from 2023 open in the premier TV time slot for the NFL w1. I very strongly feel it will be Lions, as they are the most marquee team from last year that hasn’t been announced for W1 yet. 

I agree with this 100%.  The Lions are the most marquee team not yet to have a game announced, and they would definitely make sense as a SNF candidate.  I think Lions vs. either the Bears, Texans or Rams makes a lot of sense for SNF.  Rams-Lions is a playoff rematch, so that would be a great game to end the first Sunday of Week 1.