Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

29 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Yeah, I'm busy giving out trophies likes and rough double fists and I have never heard of the guy. lol

Just happy we signed somebody and I'm assuming Peters made a great move on pure faith.

After seeing your new pic I finally got the Lamont reference. lol

• Haha 2

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

I'm guessing Davis is gonna be starting outside playing Press Man.

We prolly still draft a CB and I am still hoping for Newsome at the right price.

Yep Newsome would be a strong move. I think we’ll have new starting CBs. Can’t see Forbes getting a look in initially. 

28 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah the lack of leaks is pretty incredible. Such a change from the previous clownshow. 

That's because the agenda now is to build a winning football team, rather than...whatever it was before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Jokes aside, I know these guys have a plan at OT. They’ll address it. 

Yeah, for the first time in far too many years our front office has earned my trust.

OT is a glaring weakness and there's no way these guys are just going to go into the season hoping for the best.

They have a plan-- I just wish I knew what it was. lol

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kalu44 said:

CB Michael Davis looks like a depth signing. Maybe he can compete for a starting role on the outside. He gave up 9 TDs last year and a 119 passer rating allowed as the nearest defender. Hopefully he can bounce back this year with better coaching. 

Louie Tee is thrilled. He said that he runs a 4.3. Says that he can run with any wr in the NFL. Even Tyreek. Says that he is really good at press corner. He says LAC didn't use him right. Too much zone. Idk 🤷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Charles Leno seemed like a really good dude (remember the surprise where his wife was preggers?).  Really good dude + capable left tackle = great stay-at-home dad.  I wonder if he has a future in coaching.  

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, profusion said:

That's because the agenda now is to build a winning football team, rather than...whatever it was before.

A marketing company that happened to play pro football. Not a very good marketing company at that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

Charles Leno seemed like a really good dude (remember the surprise where his wife was preggers?).  Really good dude + capable left tackle = great stay-at-home dad.  I wonder if he has a future in coaching.  

Rough year for the Leno household, his wife had a miscarriage during the season, he had the hip injury that potentially ends his career. Hope he's doing okay, seems like a really good guy.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dah-Dee said:

Rough year for the Leno household, his wife had a miscarriage during the season, he had the hip injury that potentially ends his career. Hope he's doing okay, seems like a really good guy.

Two very evolved souls.

Leno absolutely won the lottery with his wife.

She reacted with total positivity, on twitter, to the likely end of his football career, and she was completely future focused.

For most people that would have been one of the most traumatic events of their lives.

It was, quite frankly, inspiring to witness.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 12

41 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I'm guessing Davis is gonna be starting outside playing Press Man.

We prolly still draft a CB and I am still hoping for Newsome at the right price.

Looking for man corners, you say?

8cb8d98a-49ad-4783-9825-72012ca38c5c.jpg

• Haha 10
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

Saw Joey Slye signed with Jags, so essentially we traded kickers with them. Feeling like maybe Jacksonville got better end of that deal, not sure why we didn't keep Slye at 5 years younger, stronger leg, better FG% - notwithstanding moderate issues on extra points, he looks like the better kicker.

There's a reason Slye is a journeyman kicker. He has a strong leg but he's not the most reliable. I held my breath every time he kicked a PAT or field goal.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, RVAskins said:

Interesting pickup of Michael Davis. I like these under the radar signings.

I'm guessing they are viewing the draft as a possible solution for finding a hopeful shutdown corner prospect (if one is there).  Right now the thing that is a bit concerning is that we don't have one corner that can really cover a true #1 WR with any great consistency.  

All that said, we have a ton of needs, and no one can rebuild an entire roster in one offseason.  We're more than likely not coming within shouting distance of even the playoffs this year, so if it takes two offseasons to truly upgrade our CB situation, so be it.  I have no problem with that.  Peters has done a remarkable job so far, and that's all pre-draft.   Maybe he finds a few CBs in the draft that end up being long-term big time solutions at the position.   

If it was cheap, I would sign “Mr. Slant” himself Michael Thomas to a 1-year deal to basically play big slot (more likely to keep other injured guys company in the training room, but at the right price I would consider it). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I'm guessing they are viewing the draft as a possible solution for finding a hopeful shutdown corner prospect (if one is there).  Right now the thing that is a bit concerning is that we don't have one corner that can really cover a true #1 WR with any great consistency.  

All that said, we have a ton of needs, and no one can rebuild an entire roster in one offseason.  We're more than likely not coming within shouting distance of even the playoffs this year, so if it takes two offseasons to truly upgrade our CB situation, so be it.  I have no problem with that.  Peters has done a remarkable job so far, and that's all pre-draft.   Maybe he finds a few CBs in the draft that end up being long-term big time solutions at the position.   

1. We likely won't be competitive this year - we'll have some holes - perfectly content on that being at CB given recent draft capital and chance for some bounce backs with Forbes/Martin

2. Focus on the offense in the early portion of the draft to build around QB

3. That said, I'd expect us to draft a CB in the 3rd - 5th round, purely as a depth need, and then re-address lock-down CB next year if/when we better understand the young guys and are a year closer to contention.

Sure, a shut-down CB is nice. But that's something we can address in the future when we're closer to competing.

Long term development (2025 off-season +): DE, CB

Short term development (2024 draft+): QB, OT, WR, TE, LB (basically how I expect our first 5 picks to go, not in order).

We have 5 CBs that I think can/will make opening 53. Good group? Nah. Potential upside? sure. "Need to fix ASAP" ... for a 4-win team drafting a rookie QB in Year 1 of a rebuild, no

Forbes, Martin, St. Juste, Davis, Igbo

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2