Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Marquise Brown, wouldn't be a nutty signing.  Yes, he's not tall.  But he's a legit deep threat.  Poor man's Desean Jackson but not every poor.  He's just 26.

If he can be had at a good price, I would dig it.    Terry is a great receiver but he's not so much a deep ball guy.  Neither is Dotson.  Marquise is for real who the past coaching staff hoped Dyami was/ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

We seriously have a new Redsnapper?  That's hilarious!

That's who I thought about when we signed him!  

• Like 1

Free Agent tackle market is non existent. Onwenu re-signed and the raiders OT signed for a 1 year deal with NYG. Have to imagine some shoes start to drop but the longer we go the lower these contracts will go. 

Some of these guys might sign 1 year deals and go back on the market next year when the draft is weaker. Which matches up with what we’ve done so far. Hard to see Jonah Williams accepting a 1 year deal but we’ll see. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

That's a legitimate point but I think we have sufficient depth already at that position.

Can always add someone in the draft as well.

It's a fair debate in context in 2024 its a passing league, so I keep an open mind to how much depth I think we need know compared to what im used to in the past.

What I do know is it hasn't taken much in our secondary from an injury standpoint for the whole thing to come apart, Curl missing is a perfect example of this sometimes.

We can do a lot right, but allowing big passing plays can negate it.  it's not a hard case to make to me having more depth then you probably need in the secondary to avoid that in modern football.

• Thanks 1

This is an indictment on the previous staff, Peters is using free agency to build depth and obtain placeholders because the core group was so bad. Lots of 1 yr deals to give the FO flexibility down the road. The nice thing is for the most part we're getting solid players who aren't old and washed up on these short term deals.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Free Agent tackle market is non existent. Onwenu re-signed and the raiders OT signed for a 1 year deal with NYG. Have to imagine some shoes start to drop but the longer we go the lower these contracts will go. 

Some of these guys might sign 1 year deals which matches up with what we’ve done so far. Hard to see Jonah Williams accepting a 1 year deal but we’ll see. 

Problem has to be what the available FA OTs want and the upcoming NFL draft prospects OTs are younger and some better than these in FA.  

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Some of these guys might sign 1 year deals and go back on the market next year when the draft is weaker. Which matches up with what we’ve done so far. Hard to see Jonah Williams accepting a 1 year deal but we’ll see. 

Great post 💯

• Like 2

1 hour ago, illone said:

Definitely a good stat line for him. I watched a few games where his targets were low, so probably skewed my view on his entire year. 

I think he is worth the risk depending on the financials... But like someone else mentioned, he will probably remain in Jax.

Seems like Gabe there may change his plans...  before this past year Ridley only had 1K yards one time. Coming off the bling thing I had lowered expectations and he far exceeded them.  I want a stud WR but my choices Pittman and Evans aint happening and he'd be a decent consolation. Rookies WR produce faster than ever but still they are a crapshoot.  As you know all signs currently point to a QB and LT with our top picks... not a WR.

Edited by RandyHolt

30 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I'm not a Jonah Williams fan and think a multi year deal would be a mistake but getting him for a year as a stopgap is something I think I'd be fine with

Edited by method man
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's probably coming down as we speak because of all the offers Curl is getting right now...

Sure, but Chinn fits what they want, is already in the correct price range, and ready to sign now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1