Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Just now, Conn said:

I don’t think we’ll do it. But I would. Anything to develop the rookie QB. 

I don’t think that can be overstated. A team should do any and everything to facilitate the growth and development of a young QB.  Spare no expense. Oline, backs, tight ends, wideouts.  

But teams routinely don’t, it baffles me every year how these smart personnel guys trot a young QB out with a suspect line and no weapons with their jobs on the line, and are then surprised when they get fired.  Rivera did it last year when his job was obviously in the crosshairs. Lunacy! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

As a defensive guy, I’m so happy with the Luvu signing. This with a new scheme should help Allen/Payne get back to their dominant selves. 

Imo, you bring up an excellent point.....how good will the other guys be with Luvu as the green dot? Can't wait. The black jerseys may look a lot better with a nasty defense????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Love the Luvu signing.  My favorite signing of the day by far.  He will be a fun player to watch and root for.  

Luvu is no Khaleke Hudson, but he'll do I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Giants have a very formidable front four. Two high end pass rushers and defensive tackles who can make plays.

You can’t deny it. But I’ve seen this movie before.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

Is NYG going to go forward Daniel Jones?  He's a massive injury risk with multiple neck injuries.  Ownership loves that guy, but I don't know if the coaching staff does.  

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

2nd and 5th rounder. How the **** were we not in on that? That sucks. The Giants line is ridiculous. 

Cuz we don't want to offer the contract he just signed

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

The Giants have a very formidable front four. Two high end pass rushers and defensive tackles who can make plays.

You can’t deny it. But I’ve seen this movie before.

Can burns also play on offense? They have a poverty squad on O, and it looks like they'll probably move on from Daniel Dimes with no clear replacement.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I removed my original text and see Burns was traded for a 2nd and 5th!  I can't believe the Giant's 1st wasn't part of the deal but the contract that Burns got was outrageous.  Giants will be hurting in a couple of years but Burns is young too.  Wow.  

Edited by RWJ

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

I don’t think we’ll do it. But I would. Anything to develop the rookie QB. 

I have a lot of respect for the last 4 signings being in the age range 26-28...

I dont want us to be afraid of stopgapping to protect our Rookie QB and maybe get someone in that age range at LT down the road.

There may need to be a some level of compromise here to make sure that isn't a hole, and I will forgive them for it in that context.

I like the trade for Caroline much more.  They have to help Bryce as much as possible.  Getting an early 2nd and not paying Burns (while eventually paying Brown next year) is a smart move.  They helped the interior with Hunt, and they'll probably go WR and C with their two early 2nds.

• Thumb up 1

One heck of a combo.  I am not a Daboll guy the more I digest about him.  but I do think Schoen is a smart GM.  Giants ironically were back and forth between Peters and Schoen when they made the hire and felt it was a coin toss decision.  Am glad they didn't hire Peters.  But Schoen had a big rep before going to NY. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

One heck of a combo.  I am not a Daboll guy the more I digest about him.  but I do think Schoen is a smart GM.  Giants ironically were back and forth between Peters and Schoen when they made the hire and felt it was a coin toss decision.  Am glad they didn't hire Peters.  But Schoen had a big rep before going to NY. 

They almost have to go QB with the 6th pick.  They can't go forward with Daniel Jones with his injury history.