Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Going to be interesting seeing the board freak out over how little activity from us in the first push of free agency.

Considering they have the most cap space of anyone I’d be a little miffed at this approach. Most of the studs will go in that first push while we’re just sitting on our hands

Edited by WashingtonRedWolves
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Eagles have $14M of dead cap on Cox’s contract to deal with. Jason Kelce has $25M of dead cap.

Kicking the can down the road will bounce back in your face if you kick it into a wall.

Like it has for the Saints?  The cap is bull****

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

We've done this in past years and it never seemed to bare any real fruit...

I somewhat disagree.  The last several years we’ve signed a very few guys who weren’t good and immediately penciled them in as starters and had virtually no competition.  We just signed Norwell, Turner, Gates and Wiley and said “you’re the starter.”

We did the same with Leno and Lucas, but those worked out a bit better.  We drafted Cosmi and he was the RT. We let the old RT (Moses) walk for no particular good reason.  

We were only one deep.  

What I think they’re going to do is sign 3 or 4 mid-tier options and let them compete.  The others become backups.  And they’ll toss a few draft picks in there as well. 

So my approach is somewhat different than what we have done in years past.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Eagles have $14M of dead cap on Cox’s contract to deal with. Jason Kelce has $25M of dead cap.

Kicking the can down the road will bounce back in your face if you kick it into a wall.

True. Those two already count about 15mil against the cap so it’s an extra 25mil to account for from that perspective. No idea if you can designate a post 1 June for one of those.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I would be kind of shocked with any day one bidding war type of players. I think it'll be a lot of "lunch pale" types, but damn do I want a stud at LBer and Safety.

Do you think Parsons becoming a FA next year effects their view on obtaining LB this offseason?

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t think Jerrah is letting Parsons out of Dallas.  They’ll pay him eventually.  

Parsons has said that he wants to be an Eagle and after the way theu picked up his 5th year, there could be an issue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Do you think Parsons becoming a FA next year effects their view on obtaining LB this offseason?

Slim chance Parsons hits free agency. If they can’t extend him they will likely franchise tag him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Parsons has said that he wants to be an Eagle and after the way theu picked up his 5th year, there could be an issue.

Yeah, it’s going to come down to what he wants because the money will be huge from anyone. Does he want to play for DQ, who he has said he loves? Or stay in Dallas (they ****ed up big time screwing him out of 3 mil, that’s bush league). Or play for his hometown team? 

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Slim chance Parsons hits free agency. If they can’t extend him they will likely franchise tag him.

If they FT him he will probably play hardball, especially if they try and say he’s a off the ball LB vs a QB hunting pass rusher. If I was his agent I would tell him to sit out the season and not play on the tag.

Frankly, I think the NFLPA will back him hard and it may go to arbitration. This is a 100% a hill to die on for them and for him. He’s one of the best players in the league and if you let teams play **** you games with him, all players are subject to contract games on the tag. 

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Could be. 

We’ll see. 

Dallas can’t do much of anything. Because of Dak’s contract.  That’s most certainly comes to an end after this season and all of a sudden Dallas is going to have a ton of cash and desire to keep him.  And no QB.  

37 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

If they FT him he will probably play hardball, especially if they try and say he’s an off the ball LB vs a QB hunting pass rusher. If I was his agent I would tell him to sit out the season and not play on the tag.

Frankly, I think the NFLPA will back him hard and it may go to arbitration. This is a 100% a hill to die on for them and for him. He’s one of the best players in the league and if you let teams play **** you games with him, all players are subject to contract games on the tag. 

The definition for what position a player is tagged at was negotiated as part of the CBA. Teams don’t get to pick or choose - it’s the position at which a player took most snaps in the previous season.

If Parsons has an issue with how he’s defined he should take it up with the NFPA because they agreed to the approach (which is entirely reasonable IMO).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

The availability of a hole we have will be filled w/o issue.  It gives us options and make this hole to fill at OC much easier. I am eager to see if Stromberg can play a decent game at OG.  He played it a college and can't see why he can't at the NFL level.  

25 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Drafted by Quinn and linked with Peters from his 49er days. Think we’ll see this trend over the coming days.

We have other options, Est. 74.  Remember the list that John Keim talked about.  Remember those names!  :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Here's what has to be remembered.  We like every other team had a shot at signing this guy as we do all players that are released/cut (i.e., Ertz).  They can be signed before Monday.  We apparently have someone else in mind or the price might have been too high.  I'd think they (player's agents) would let Peters and other FO and GMs know so they can bid higher.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Looks like Philly will sign Bryce Huff tomorrow according to Lombardi.

Really?  Teams better be careful because talking/dealing is not supposed to be done until tomorrow at 4pm.  If I were any team looking at a particular player I would be enforcing this for the good of NFL rules and regs!  HOWEVER, this is where clicks make money in some circumstances and Lombardi is about as reliable as "the breaking of wind" a LOUD FART of PFT's Florio!  

Edited by RWJ

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1766866818466005159?s=20

Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 12.43.11 PM.png

His stats are bad

Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 12.45.05 PM.png

You mean "Turnstyle" Boseman is still playing?

I wonder how his club foot's doing?

Last year "Turnstyle" was first in Sacks allowed from the center position with a 49% pass blocking whiffing grade??!!

No sale!

Sounds like the kind of player 'Ol Riverboat would occasionally find stuck to the bottom of his show after  cleaning up his hogpens.

Ron would get all excited then sign him to a crazy 3 year deal before having to cut him the next year.

Had enough of that kind of player acquisition.

P.S.

On the plus side at least he's had a book written about him...

image.thumb.png.5737ddfaaad338f1414a855b87941490.png

Not exactly a best seller though.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye