Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He was one of my guys on the draft thread, ton of energy, could pass rush some.  Actually similar in style of Chinn, who is a safety, who is also a FA.

Struggled some as a pro.  Like Jamin he was tried as a middle linebacker, call defense type, struggled, and emerged on the weakside.  Why do we want to sign a dude and make him play MLB-Mike again?

Feels like another version of William Jackson, signing guys regardless of their fit.   Only rationale I can think of is if they are moving Jamin to edge.  

Otherwise why not sign dudes, and there are plenty of them who actually play the need position we have at LB.  Guys like Josey Jewell?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/2023/05/01/ravens-decline-patrick-queens-fifth-year-option-making-the-linebacker-a-free-agent-after-2023-season/

The 28th overall pick out of LSU by the Ravens in 2020, Queen also struggled at times. He lost his inside linebacker spot in 2021 and was moved to the weak side...Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta declined to discuss Queen’s status during the draft, saying only, “I love Patrick. Patrick is, in my mind, one of the better [weakside] linebackers in the league. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/ravens-linebacker-patrick-queen-looking-to-make-jump-in-year-three

Queen, a first-round pick (28th overall) from LSU in 2020, had some early struggles last season but played better when he moved to the weakside 

https://milehighsports.com/josey-jewell-continues-to-be-the-unsung-hero-of-the-denver-broncos-defense/

Evero also highlighted how Josey Jewell’s high-end football IQ and leadership skills have helped the defense out.

“Yeah, just the communication aspect of it, you know, setting the fronts, a lot of the coverage stuff, you know,” Evero said, when asked what made him decide to make Jewell the glue of the defense. “With the way that the NFL is going these days — all the condensed fluids — on every play you have, you’re going to be communicating something. When you have a safety like we do and when you have inside linebackers like we do, it makes a lot easier.”

The Broncos will need to continue to get that level of play from Josey Jewell, if they want to snap their losing streak on Sunday.

I haven't paid attention to him of late but liked him a lot a couple of years ago when he was a FA

Hmm you may be onto something SIP.

Perhaps Quinn's plan is for De'vondre to play the Roquan inside backer role allowing Queen the freedom to use his athleticism all over the field.

That would be something to behold.

Starting to  wonder if a switch to 3-4, at least on early downs, might be in the works for real???

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jericho said:

By this logic, guys like Kyle Trask and Trey Lance should be just about ready. Why not get them?

Who knows, they might be by now, lol. I was never really sold on Lance as an NFL QB to begin with, but Trask is actually someone I would take a chance on if we weren't drafting #2 overall. I wanted the team to draft Trask 3 years ago to sit behind Fitzmagic & Heineken for a season or two.

I think the three most important traits for the QB position are: a.) reading defences correctly via progressions, b.) accuracy and c.) leadership. I think it's very difficult for a college QB to come in right away at age 21 and do a.) and c.) well. Most don't, few do.

For that reason, (and I'll admit it's not the only way), the safest way to develop a QB, because of the cerebral nature of the position IMO, is to redshirt him and make sure he has the right support. One of the easiest ways to screw up a QB is to throw them in the fire right away and/or without the right support.

Just my $0.02.

34 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

0c724223-9e80-4119-971a-d677b22bd5d8_text.gif

I’m in an elementary school PE teacher. This is my life. My standard response whenever they say something weird like that is to say, “the Spanish word for jelly is mermelada.” And then when they look at me funny I go “I thought we were having a contest to see who could say the most random thing.”

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Hmm you may be onto something SIP.

Perhaps Quinn's plan is for De'vondre to play the Roquan inside backer role allowing Queen the freedom to use his athleticism all over the field.

That would be something to behold.

Starting to  wonder if a switch to 3-4, at least on early downs, might be in the works for real???

if it doesn’t make sense for him to come here, then he’s not coming here. I saw the original article (which is the only thing causing speculation about this signing), and it was nothing more than somebody trying to guess the biggest name free agent for each team. It’s about as reliable of a source for what is going to happen as any mock draft.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jamin is the Will.  I don't get the vibe that he's going to be released.  Seems like they will use him some though roving on the line of scrimmage including pass rushing.

You mean use him to his strengths like has not been done thus far!  What a novel idea. I am with you, he isn't going anywhere and is set up for a big year. They should really think about extending him over the year if he fits like I think we will. 

• Like 3

Baker gets 3 yr $100 mil dollar deal with aprx $50 mil guaranteed at signing to stay in Tampa.

Turns out the Bucs are actually getting a bit of a bargain. 

Bakers contract slots him right in the middle as the 16th highest paid qb. Even Daniel Jones makes more annually...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

You mean use him to his strengths like has not been done thus far!  What a novel idea. I am with you, he isn't going anywhere and is set up for a big year. They should really think about extending him over the year if he fits like I think we will. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One of the targets that Keim mentioned.  Oh well, we shall see how things shake out.  Taking a look at the tweets involved in this tweet they have little growth as far as following goes so maybe not as big a deal as we think.  Again, we shall see. 

Edited by RWJ

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wagner is no Scoota Harris but a decent consolation prize

I really think Wagner could be great here. He is playing as well as he ever has even at 33 and could step right in and stabilize the position for a couple of years. He could easily be our next London Fletcher. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1