Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

19 minutes ago, Conn said:

And you need to let go of the salary cap penalty from 12 years ago… 

**** no

**** the gmen forever. Their stupid little smug owner can kiss my ass for the remainder of his pathetic life. 

i hope he gets shingles and hemorrhoids that never end. 

😏 jk. Kinda. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, SkinsFanRob said:

One would argue if you want to build for the future you don’t want to be competitive and take higher draft picks. But I prefer this method lol 

That’s important until you get your QB. Every single second after you get that QB, their rookie contract is on a ticking clock and you’re trying to build upwards. If you get QB right, any year can be the year you make a playoff run. There’s no point in bottoming out once you’ve got the QB, unless you’re in really bad shape cap/draft capital-wise. We’re in great shape immediately in those regards so you start trying to build something imo. Guys gotta learn how to win to build a winning culture—otherwise all the “culture building” in the world starts to ring hollow.

Every single game, every play, is a development opportunity for your franchise QB (if you’ve got the right guy). The math on whether it’s “better” for a middle of the road team to win or lose for higher draft position, when you aren’t realistically a SB team, completely changes when you’re developing a young franchise QB imo. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Or we could trade back with minnesota for #11 and jefferson, then grab mccarthy

Sign me up!

McCarthy island. 

Its pretty lonely out here, glad to have some company. 

🏝️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm one of the only restaurant professionals on here, and the one who has your back. Don't lay it on us. 

Right? All these charcol charlies bust his chops and we get the blame.

Well a lot of the people saying it prefaced it by saying that they used to work in the restaurant industry, correct??? That's why I directed it that way. They insinuated that 75% of their coworkers ( restaurant staff ) were rolling on the greasy floor, holding their bellies laughing 🤷

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Minny would never make that trade. But IF we were actually contemplating going WR I would much prefer to trade back a spot with NE and pick Marvin Harrison at 3 after adding some more draft capital. Then trade back up for McCarthy if thats the way they want to go. 

Why wouldn't they?

To move from 11 to 2 is worth two future firsts plus a 2.

They get their future quarterback and don't have to give Jefferson 30 mil per year.

Seems like a no brainer for the Vikings after letting cousins walk and ending up in quarterback purgatory. 

There's always options at receiver in free agency if you want to shoot the lock off the wallet but almost impossible to buy a quarterback.

you gotta have the cards fall just right. 

29 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Is coach Kliff pounding the table. 

Blew out his ACL in the last game of last season. Won’t be ready to start the season and might not be able to play at all this year. I assume there is some kind of an injury settlement.

I know a lot of you are calling for upgrades in the secondary. But this front 7 is going to help the secondary tremendously this year. No more will they have to stick to their man for 5 seconds. QB's are gonna feel this front 7. And they are gonna feel it hard. 

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Why wouldn't they?

To move from 11 to 2 is worth two future firsts plus a 2.

They get their future quarterback and don't have to give Jefferson 30 mil per year.

Seems like a no brainer for the Vikings after letting cousins walk and ending up in quarterback purgatory. 

There's always options at receiver in free agency if you want to shoot the lock off the wallet but almost impossible to buy a quarterback.

you gotta have the cards fall just right. 

Because I dont want to be into Jefferson for 5 for 150 million when I can have Harrison for 5 for 40.

• Like 1

Really pleased. Spending most of my life in AK,OR, and WA, I've followed the hawks (never as my main team, Washington's been my #1 since I was six years old) closely as they're the local guys for the Pac NW. And there have been a lot of great players there since they entered the league. Wagner has been one of my all time faves so it's sweet to me to get him even for one season. While he's still an excellent player, he is at the end of his run but while he can still bring it big time on the field, he's also one of the best locker room assets you could ever have. And he's been a great guy for every community he's worked in since he was a rookie. Big smile.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Because I dont want to be into Jefferson for 5 for 150 million when I can have Harrison for 5 for 40.

I agree but you said the Vikings wouldn't do it and my reply was in response to that.

8 minutes ago, Lovi said:

They missed their chance with hard knocks last year. Watching that ****show would have been high drama. 

Could you do us a favor and change your name to Luvu please? You'd be an instant fave of mine. Thank you.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Conn said:

And you need to let go of the salary cap penalty from 12 years ago, when only 3 of the most arrogant owners pushed back on the rest of the league’s planned collusion and got punished for it in a year with no salary cap rules. Maybe it was unfair, but it doesn’t matter. It has nothing to do with this. 

agreed about nothing to do with this but can't forget that.  It's cold dead hands territory 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I agree but you said the Vikings wouldn't do it and my reply was in response to that.

My bad. Yeah I guess they possibly would. Not sure they value him as highly since he passed on a 30 mill per year deal. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I know a lot of you are calling for upgrades in the secondary. But this front 7 is going to help the secondary tremendously this year. No more will they have to stick to their man for 5 seconds. QB's are gonna feel this front 7. And they are gonna feel it hard. 

They can really help manny Forbes by taking him to buffets as often as possible, maybe sneak a stick of butter into his protein shake.

hopefully when the QBs feel it hard, the refs will not get to flag happy. Though 15 yard roughing the passer penalties are no where near as bad as those bomb tds we kept allowing last year.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Ok, maybe Zona doesn’t go tackle now in the draft

We pretty much have to sign Tyron Smith now.  Otherwise, we have nothing at LT

• Haha 1