Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

5 hours ago, HoggLife said:

So anyone know how much Cap left? And what do we need most now? Is it LT, RT, SS, CB,DE and WR? So say we get 4 of those in the draft and 2 more free agents. 

Depending on which one you look at sportrac or over the cap. 84 to 86 mil left.

• Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Sknsnation said:

Depending on which one you look at sportrac or over the cap. 84 to 86 mil left.

Do they have all the new guys listed?

With some 1 year deals and 7 total players pending, I'd guess 25-30 mill was added to the roster.  With legal tampering and slow news on exact deals, I think those sites don't add right away. 

I still expect we have about 60 mill in space.  With rookie pool adding about 10mill after rule of 51 kick outs, there is 50 mill in theory.

Peters said they wouldn't spend it all and I expected them to leave 25-30 mill.  So I'm guessing 2 mid level contracts and a few more smaller deals are still on the table.  With OT need I could see a slightly bigger deal, lowering the overall number of signings.

Edit: Peters could also mean they didn't want to eat up lots of next years big cap numbers and plan on a few more 1 year deals. 

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

The thoughts of Wylie starting at rt again got me nauseas.

it sure reeks of that being case for 2024 with the Allegretti signing for starting LG.

Speaking of Allegretti, if he doesn't work out great as the the starter he will still be a decent backup a G and C/3.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

Darnold to Minnesota.

Kyle Brandt talking now on GMF about it being a tough time to be a Vikings fan in talking about Darnold.  He goes is a nice guy who interviews well.  He's aware of the Darnold Hive which he jokes is like 7 people. Then more or less politely goes he's not a good player, simple as that.

IMO the Vikings are screwed.  The need to get a QB in the draft.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Feels like Ron's full 4 years in 1 off season.   But without the Ron junk signings. 

To be fair... A lot of us (including you and I) also believed that Ron wasn't the only factor in play as it pertained to our poor FA signings. Snyder was a major obstacle. To be honest, I think more blame goes to him than Ron. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To be fair... A lot of us (including you and I) also believed that Ron wasn't the only factor in play as it pertained to our poor FA signings. Snyder was a major obstacle. To be honest, I think more blame goes to him than Ron. 

I used to give him the benefit of the doubt on this.  I've talked about it.  But the problem for me was Ron then explained his signings and his line of logic over time.

The off season for example he did almost nothing in FA when he traded for Wentz.  He explained that was his budget.  That's on Dan.  But he thought Wentz was worth consuming that full budget more or less.  He was wrong on that clearly.  And he clearly could have negotiated a better deal where they didn't have to swallow the full contract as many NFL observers said at the time.

Keim later on talked about what LBs they liked in FA, including Barton and why. That stuff started to leak out.

Heck I used to defend Ron on skipping a QB in his first season.  But he didn't help himself when he explained on Sheehan's show why he didn't think highly of Herbert and Tua.  Ron couldn't keep his mouth shut so he would explain his mistakes and over the time you can piece together the pattern of his mishaps.

I do think Dan was a contributing factor for the bad FA classes.  But also over time I've learned it wasn't a coincidence that Ron's only good FA class was his first one, when he inherited Kyle Smith who already did the leg work on it.  Once he put his own stamp on it, he sucked.

Same logic with the drafts.  Jamin, Dotson, Forbes all dudes that many had has 2nd round talents.  Yet, Ron as Finlay said recently would tell the media behind the scenes yeah it looks unconventional but just you watch -- like he was more clever.  Same dude who crowed that he did the work on Wentz himself.  And it came out later that others in the building didn't agree with him.

In short, Ron was a good dude.  But "meh" coach and amatuer personnel guy who sucked at it.  Yes Dan made it worse.  I am not off of that point.  But I do put more blame now on Ron than i did then.  And I did start making this point in real time during the last FA crop as I digested another off season from him.

He left us with an awful roster.  And the idea that he thought it was on the brink of being a SB roster showcased how delusional he was.  That's why among other reasons he lost me before season 4 even started.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Courtesy summary of the days signings for folks new around here

LB Frankie "Relax" Luvu - 3 years, max $36M

RB Austin Ekeler - 3 years, max $11.43M

DE Dorance Armstrong - 3 years, $33M (max $45M)

C Tyler "Badazz" Biadasz - 3 years, $30M

G Nick Allegretti - 3 years, $16M

K Brandon "Mile High" McManus - 1 year, $3.6M

TE Zach Ertz - 1 year, max $5M

QB Marcus "Moves" Mariota 6M max 10M

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I used to give him the benefit of the doubt on this.  I've talked about it.  But the problem for me was Ron then explained his signings and his line of logic over time.

The off season for ezample he did almost nothing in FA when he traded for Wentz.  He explained that was his budget.  That's on Dan.  But he thought Wentz was worth consuming that budget.  He was wrong on that clearly.

Keim later on talked about what LBs they liked in FA, including Barton and why.

Heck I used to defend Ron on skipping a QB in his first season.  But he didn't help himself when he explained on Sheehan's show why he didn't think highly of Herbert and Tua.

I do think Dan was a contributing factor for the bad FA classes.  But also over time I've learned it wasn't a coincidence that Ron's only good FA class was his first one, when he inherited Kyle Smith who already did the leg work on it.  Once he put his own stamp on it, he sucked.

Same logic with the drafts.  Jamin, Dotson, Forbes all dudes that many had has 2nd round talents.  Yet, Ron as Finlay said recently would tell the media behind the scenes yeah it looks unconvention but just you watch -- like he was more clever.  Same dude who crowed that he did the work on Wentz himself.  And it came out later that others in the building didn't agree with him.

In short, Ron was a good dude.  But "meh" coach and amatuer personnel guy who sucked at it.  Yes Dan made it worse.  I am not off of that point.  But I do put more blame now on Ron than i did then.  And I did start making this point in real time during the last FA crop as I digested another off season from him.

He left us with an awful roster.  And the idea that he thought it was on the brink of being a SB roster showcased how delusional he was.  That why among other reasons he lost me before season 4 even started.

Ron wasn't good.

Agree.

But Snyder sucked the life out of anyone and everyone who touched this franchise. Ron will never... ever... be someone I blame more than Snyder.

I don't find it coincidental that once Snyder is gone this team is interested in spending money AND getting free agents to actually WANT to sign here. 

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A kicker who doesn't miss extra points should be refreshing

I tend to think a ton of our kicking issues was Cheeseman's crappy snaps.  Slye was a good kicker with an insane leg.  I would have been OK bringing him back.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ron wasn't good.

Agree.

But Snyder sucked the life out of anyone and everyone who touched this franchise. Ron will never... ever... be someone I blame more than Snyder.

I don't find it coincidental that once Snyder is gone this team is interested in spending money AND getting free agents to actually WANT to sign here. 

I don't think you'll find here even remotely someone blaming Ron more than Snyder for anything.

If I am not #1 here in posts for the years ripping Snyder I'd have to at least top 5. 

They had a good FA class when Kyle Smith was here.  And yes Dan was here, too.  FA sucked when Kyle left and it became Ron's baby.  Ron exposed his own warts about being a bad evaluator and bad roster builder. 

Ron was a super nice guy and it was important to have a nice guy in that building when it was run by a douche.  And I appreciate the class he brought to an organization which lacked class previously.

But he was also IMO out of his depth playing GM.  He more or less admitted that after he was fired.  He did an atrocious job building this roster.   Speaking of Dan, I found Ron sucking up to him right to the end, embarrrasing.  Ditto his constant trying to spin a narrative in his own favor.  Scapegoating his players from time to time.  Excuses.  And he even sold out his pal Dan at the end with the Silvers article about how it was Dan's fault not his.

For a nice guy who brought class to the organization, Ron's tendency for spin and self preservation lost me to some extent as to his personality.  But I've somewhat let that go because heck self preservation is a natural tendency and working there am sure was beyond hard.  But for me, Ron didn't leave that last season with flying colors -- not just because of his record but some of that stuff he said which I found oddly arrogant and off putting.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6