Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

7 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Salary cap expert Andre Perrotta put together a contract projection that the Bengals could propose to Onwenu. Perrotta believes Cincinnati could offer him a 3-year, $42 million contract that includes a $15 million signing bonus, $20 million fully guaranteed at signing and $32 million in total guarantees.

Is he saying that’s what specifically the bengals can offer him or what he should get… from the looks of things today he’ll fetch way more than that.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

If he doesn't get more than that, I will eat an entire bag of Doritos. 

I mean, I'm going to eat a bag of Doritos either way, but still he'll get more than that. 

Man I love cool ranch doritos. I sit and eat an entire family size bag in like 5 minutes. Much to my stomachs and healths demise.

4 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Is he saying that’s what specifically the bengals can offer him or what he should get… from the looks of things today he’ll fetch way more than that.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cap-analyst-shares-contract-projection-michael-onwenu

He also notes that a four-year deal would likely mean a slight bump to $15-$16 million per year annually. A three-year deal is something the Bengals have given to plenty of free agents in the past, including cornerback Trae Waynes (2020 offseason). 

Newsstand: Michael Onwenu representing himself in search of big contract

Spotrac predicts a four-year, $54.6 million market value for the former Wolverine.

Edited by FrFan

Poaching these cowgirls players was expected and is welcome! #TAKECOWMAND

Falcons must have missed Matt Ryan so much they decided to sign a new stat accumulating statue that chokes in big games.

Eagles moves smell of desperation, especially Saquon

no idea what the **** the Vikings are doing. I guess they want to show all the players they could’ve signed if it weren’t for Kirks contract?

this is fun!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thinking Kirk will play until 39 requires hypnosis, who the hell is this guy's agent?

He never even missed time until he finally had a freak injury this year, I could easily see him being the rare player who plays into his very late 30’s. It would be the most prototypical compiler behavior he could exhibit, too. 

Most contracts that large aren’t meant to be finished. This is the first new contract he’s had that isn’t fully guaranteed (which shows you he wanted to be in Atlanta), I’m sure the final year or two will be restructured when the time comes.  

1 minute ago, sebestian said:

reaking: LB Patrick Queen has agreed to a deal with the Seattle Seahawks. Queen is the first of the Ravens to follow former Ravens DC Mike Macdonald to Seattle

Yep always a strong possibility. That’s exactly what we’ve relied on so far.

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

The Commanders shouldn't go crazy in FA this year, but I'm concerned that they haven't gotten any impact players yet. I'd like at least one guy who's more than just "solid." 

Exactly. Armstrong should be fine, but he’s no gamewrecker. Id MUCH prefer Danielle hunter @$10m/yr more than what we’re paying Armstrong.

great players impact those around them, it goes beyond their personal stats. In a way you fill more than one hole by adding a player of that caliber. I’ll admit I don’t know Armstrong well enough, but I doubt he’s that guy.

• Like 1

Just now, woodpecker said:

My feelings exactly. It reminds me of Dan Snyder 2000. Not to that extreme, to be sure.

One thing that impressed me about the Eagles over the past decade or so is how they didn't go for the splashy moves and yet were good-to-excellent in every phase. What they're doing now looks like trying to patch holes.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, FrFan said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cap-analyst-shares-contract-projection-michael-onwenu

He also notes that a four-year deal would likely mean a slight bump to $15-$16 million per year annually. A three-year deal is something the Bengals have given to plenty of free agents in the past, including cornerback Trae Waynes (2020 offseason). 

Spotrac predicts a four-year, $54.6 million market value for the former Wolverine.

Appreciated… I still think I’m taking the over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

He never even missed time until he finally had a freak injury this year, I could easily see him being the rare player who plays into his very late 30’s. It would be the most prototypical compiler behavior he could exhibit, too. 

Most contracts that large aren’t meant to be finished. This is the first new contract he’s had that isn’t fully guaranteed (which shows you he wanted to be in Atlanta), I’m sure the final year or two will be restructured when the time comes.  

Play. Sure, but at what level of play?

Achilles can be a conversation changer at his age.

1 minute ago, Sknsnation said:
Adam Schefter

@PenixToMetcalf
·
3h
Breaking: LB Patrick Queen has agreed to a deal with the Seattle Seahawks. Queen is the first of the Ravens to follow former Ravens DC Mike Macdonald to Seattle

3 hours ago ... and fake

Just now, woodpecker said:

Poaching these cowgirls players was expected and is welcome! #TAKECOWMAND

Falcons must have missed Matt Ryan so much they decided to sign a new stat accumulating statue that chokes in big games.

no idea what the **** the Vikings are doing. I guess they want to show all the players they could’ve signed if it weren’t for Kirks contract?

this is fun!

I was thinking the same thing especially the trade for Matt Ryan, I mean Kirk Cousin's. Decent regular season QB's.

I don't get the move by the Eagles for Barkley either. Decent RB's in this draft class.   

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

reaking: LB Patrick Queen has agreed to a deal with the Seattle Seahawks. Queen is the first of the Ravens to follow former Ravens DC Mike Macdonald to Seattle

That was expected, it's going to be interesting to see if he can put up big numbers without Roquan.

Casserly on Keim's podcast made a great point about using free agency bolster positions where there were no "adequate" (average/JAG) starters, so you can go into the draft not getting desperate for a player at a certain position, but can use the draft to upgrade wherever the board takes them. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bantu said:

Casserly on Keim's podcast made a great point about using free agency bolster positions where there were no "adequate" (average/JAG) starters, so you can go into the draft not getting desperate for a player at a certain position, but can use the draft to upgrade wherever the board takes them. 

Peters better get busy, then, because this team has holes all over.