Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Expectations for Dan Quinn in 2024 and his overall career here?

88Comrade2000

I will address this question after FA and the draft. I was not a fan in the beginning but I am warming up to the idea after his speech. First timers rarely do good.....he got a little more time on the grinder after Atlanta and hopefully he has got himself squared away now.

7 wins is possible  give or take one imo. Will take some time to establish whatever system they want in place. Growing pains on the coaching side as far as strengths ,weaknesses etc. not to mention building a functional working relationship. Building a roster will take 3 years ,2 years if they can elevate any of the Ron guys. I’d imagine we’ll be pretty good defensively by next year.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't expect a losing season for the next decade or so.

Well you’re going to be disappointed. Expect a losing season right of the bat.

Ron has left the team bare and the coaches will find out, when many of the holdovers fail to produce.

Also, the rookie qb will have ups and downs.

It will take about 3 years to build the team we want and winning isn’t happening much in the first year.

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

As posted elsewhere, Cowherd expects good things for us in 24.

Cowherd is either an idiot or selling clicks. I'm a loyalist to a fault, and although I do not want any form of "tank" season to occur, I think winning the division with a 500 record hurts more than it helps. Dropping back 8 draft slots simply because we eeked out the division title only puts us 8 slots further away from premium talent to round out the roster. All I really want to see for 2024 is weekly improvement and cohesion. I have grown tired of hearing every post game presser talk about reviewing the film and improving on something only to see the same flaws grow the following week.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't expect a losing season for the next decade or so.

Maybe one losing season in 2024 as we figure things out and let the rookie QB develop, and then I'm expecting an Andy Reid in Philly level of division dominance.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Maybe one losing season in 2024 as we figure things out and let the rookie QB develop, and then I'm expecting an Andy Reid in Philly level of division dominance.

I think we're on the plus side of .500 this year, but yeah, I think we're the new Steelers and Quinn's going to have a run like Tomlin. Or Reid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’d suggest the Quinn hire is already a success based solely on the staff he’s recruited. Wasn’t possible without his influence IMO. Quite a bit on talent under contract on the coaching side now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d suggest the Quinn hire is already a success based solely on the staff he’s recruited. Wasn’t possible without his influence IMO. Quite a bit on talent under contract on the coaching side now.

Definitely a great start, but not already a success imo, no. Very very highly qualified staff but they need to mesh all of their various teaching abilities and backgrounds in different concepts into coherent schemes (it’ll be easier on defense than offense obviously), develop players over time, and eventually win a lot of games. And I don’t mean they need to make a SB in 4-5 years or the staff is retroactively bad, that would be cheap—I simply mean that we need to see these guys develop and teach a roster full of guys and get them moving in the same direction in effective modern schemes week to week before we know if all of these various minds coming together under Quinn’s leadership is actually a good formula. Certainly is promising. But on offense especially we can’t pretend to know exactly how well those guys will work together and what they’re going to cook up. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Ultimate success is winning a title but if he can at least get to the point where we are winning every year and contenders every year, that will be a success.  The nfc is weak compared to the afc; so we can be one of those dominant teams.

How about we just start by not being the laughingstock of the league.  I want guys that play hard.  That know how to tackle. That know how to cover. Is that too much to ask? I can deal 100% with a team that plays their "guts out" to quote Joe Gibbs and comes up short. I cannot and will not have any patience for lackluster, missed assignments, ****ty tackling and all the other stuff we have been accustomed to over the years.  That is what I want from Quinn for starters. A guy who gets the best out of his players.  

Yeah of course we all want to win the division, and compete at a high level in the playoffs but we need to turn the page on the ****ty regular season play, and the rest will happen. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 5:56 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Welcome aboard Dan Quinn.   This hire is underwhelming but we will have to hope it works out.

What are your Expectations for Dan Quinn in 2024 and his overall career here?

Just have a winning record against our division rivals.

Crap

not from Missouri but show me.  Fan boy huffy puffy and words don’t mean anything.  “It can’t get any worse” repeated ad nauseum.  Pfffft

but my dumbass will still be here, hoping for not crap

I've certainly changed my tune since the Quinn hire.   The staff he's been able to pull together is very impressive,  but it remains to be seen if they will all operate on a unified vision.   That will be the key to success.   Right now,  we have all the reason to hope for the best.  

On 2/16/2024 at 8:53 PM, bowhunter said:

Cowherd is either an idiot or selling clicks. I'm a loyalist to a fault, and although I do not want any form of "tank" season to occur, I think winning the division with a 500 record hurts more than it helps. Dropping back 8 draft slots simply because we eeked out the division title only puts us 8 slots further away from premium talent to round out the roster.

We have enough draft picks in this draft and enough cap space, that if we won the division with a .500 record, it shouldn't hurt at all. That is of course, we do this off-season right.

Look at perennial good teams. They don't rely solely on high draft picks...because they never get them. We can round out the roster now without relying heavily on getting another high draft pick next year...

12 hours ago, WilberMarshall said:

Just have a winning record against our division rivals.

I'm good for just a win 😔

I think making the playoffs in 2025 is a likely possibility, winning 2 or 3 playoff games in 2026, and after that?  Who knows?  But I think the future is very bright..

Of course, that could all change drastically either way, but I think it's pretty realistic.

Given this his second go round, he needs to win this year. I don't think retreads get the benefit of the doubt like a first time coach. I'm not saying fire him after a bad first year but this is not a Dave Campbell situation.

Hard to predict anything for 2024 yet since we don't know the make up of the roster, but I am pretty sure that without a major overhaul, and at least 75% of the draft picks hitting from Day 1, it is doubtful the playoffs are in play for next season, and I am not even frustrated about as it feels like we have an organization in place finally to build a really good time the right way, but that doesn't mean the winning is going to start in the first season of the new regime.  I am probably going into 2024 without looking at the W/L record and more about the make up of the team and them trying to establish an identity/. 

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Hard to predict anything for 2024 yet since we don't know the make up of the roster, but I am pretty sure that without a major overhaul, and at least 75% of the draft picks hitting from Day 1, it is doubtful the playoffs are in play for next season, and I am not even frustrated about as it feels like we have an organization in place finally to build a really good time the right way, but that doesn't mean the winning is going to start in the first season of the new regime.  I am probably going into 2024 without looking at the W/L record and more about the make up of the team and them trying to establish an identity/. 

He’s got to build a team with new players thru free agency and draft. Then see what returning players actually perform under him. Plus, the growing pains of a rookie qb. Winning in year 1 is to

much to expect.

On 3/7/2024 at 6:04 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

He’s got to build a team with new players thru free agency and draft. Then see what returning players actually perform under him. Plus, the growing pains of a rookie qb. Winning in year 1 is to

much to expect.

He’s made a great start in FA.

His reputation appears to be about as good as you can get across the league. 

Not saying that guarantees success, but without him I don’t see half of these quality free agent acquisitions happening.

6 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Not saying that guarantees success, but without him I don’t see half of these quality free agent acquisitions happening.

And for the price we got them all at......didn't have to pay for an arm or leg for anyone.   

• Like 1