Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Cowboys - The One Where...oh nvm.. **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

Just now, MartinC said:

One of the most disappointing seasons I’ve suffered through. Which is a high bar. So glad it’s over - the last few weeks have been painful. 

If you’d offered me a bet at the start of the season that we would have the #2 overall pick I would have bet a lot of money against that happening. 

Huge huge offseason ahead. Starting with a house clearing of front office and coaches tomorrow.

2nd pick is 1 pick away from the best thing that could possibly happen.

Even most of the big time homers had this team as 1 and done in the playoffs. I had them at 6-7 wins so for me this is almost ideal. Too bad they beat the Falcons, Pats and came back against the Broncos. Lose 2 more of those and they'd have anyone they want in the draft.

Just now, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

WAIT!! It ain't over!! We have to listen to RR's presser!!

Hopefully some media members are kind enough to let him know that we're officially eliminated from playoff contention. 

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It does matter, but a bad organization is like a clock that could be right only twice a day.

Other organizations have won super bowls with QBs that weren't #1 or even #2 overall.

I'm supposed to be rooting for highest pick possible when a good GM if he sees someone worth it will trade up anyone?

I'm giving Wizards benefit of the doubt because I get since the rookie is developing.   I'm jus tried of needing higher picks unless something is in place to get results in developing who we draft.

It's cart before the horse for me, and I've seen too many of the new folks comes in with a high pick and not get that to jus assume the next one does.

So I'll live in the present until someone proves they know what they doing with the future.  I'm tired of hearing about the future when the present still hurts.

It's not that I don't agree with your premise, I do it's just that I don't believe the present means anything in a season that's been lost for over a month.

And since a higher draft pick is something that is at least a possible benefit to the team and a win today is meaningless I'll take the thing that might help our future.

7 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

The whole QB thing wasn't working out for him, so he decided to be a RB.

You love to see that kind of self-awareness.

He has the coaching and personnel advantage, but still, Wentz looked better today than Howell has since like October lol

To me the next move that is important is whether we are going to go with a GM run team or are we going to go with another coach centric. I am hoping for the GM choosing the players and the coach coaching them.  This is the decision that is going the make or break the new regime. 

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Honestly feel like 2009, 2013, and 2019 seasons were worse. This season actually had hope and promise as a narrative through like week 10 or so but then all the wheels fell off, and then the wagon went over a cliff. Comparatively, those other seasons were clearly doomed within the first few weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

WAIT!! It ain't over!! We have to listen to RR's presser!!

He thought the young guys fought hard. But he is going to have to look at the tape. Just not from the team facility EVER AGAIN.