Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: We're Number Three! We're Number Three! (San Fran)

KDawg

Going to put a touch more effort in this week (but not too much more). 

Brian Robinson looked great. 4.89 pards per carry is solid. 

Defensively Hudson, Quan, Forbes, Henry, Harris all flashed a little bit... Which was nice to see.

Howell is completely and utterly broken, though.

Having said that, the line looked better without Wylie. Again. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Brian Robinson looked great. 4.89 pards per carry is solid. 

I would say he is the only one on the team that showed any improvement from last year.

He took a perceived weakness in his game, catching passes out of the backfield, and turned it into a strength.

I think he has a chance to really breakout next year and become one of the top 5 backs in the league. 

7 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I would say he is the only one on the team that showed any improvement from last year.

He took a perceived weakness in his game, catching passes out of the backfield, and turned it into a strength.

I think he has a chance to really breakout next year and become one of the top 5 backs in the league. 

Robinson is a legit back. I still wish Gibbs fell to the second. Gibbs+Robinson… *shudder* think of how dynamic one of them would have been on the bench and the other would be in pass pro under Bienemy

• Haha 2

Defensively and run game, I was initially impressed with their effort and physicality. 

Howell unfortunately is not the same guy as at the start of the season. I hope he can reboot over the offseason. 

EB might struggle to get another HC/OC job on any team but the chiefs. He has gotten worse as the season progressed as well but maybe the all-22 says differently. 

Off topic, Chase better turn it up big time in the playoffs or his FA options will not be extensive. 

• Like 2

Best part of the game was watching Purdy and SFs running game (180 yards).

I saw nothing that makes me feel good about being a WSH fan.

BRob was good in his very limited role but that's it. We are not a good team.

Oh, and the Oline only allowed one sack, but Howell has looked worse even as the same line has allowed less sacks.

That ocurred more or less at midseason. Something changed drastically: a lot less sacks but Howell has looked worse each game since.

Edited by El Mexican
  • Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Robinson is probably a Pro Bowler with a better OC and if he doesnt get hurt. I could see him exploding next year 

Agreed. In fact, had he not missed a couple games, he would’ve made a case for the Pro Bowl this year with his all purpose yardage total and his TD total. Jay pointed out the deck was stacked against him because the WRs and TEs are bad blockers and this OL lacks strength and athleticism in the run game so they are limited schematically in what they can do. 

BRob not only showed he is a heck of a pass catcher but he also showed better patience as a runner as the year went on.

I know a bunch of you want everyone on this staff gone but props to Randy Jordan and Jennifer King for not only BRob but Rodriguez’s rookie year and Gibson’s improvement through the year. There’s a reason he was one of the few holdovers from Jay’s staff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I was going back and forth between this game and the Eagles. But Forbes did seem a lot better than earlier in the year from what I saw. 

Yep. It’s a shame he had the ejection, injury and then got lost in the depth chart behind BSJ (due to Ron’s loyalty to his vets and Quan taking control of the nickel spot that was eventually going to be his). The two big plays he gave up were that deep pass to Aiyuk on which he got his hand on the ball and the TD to Aiyuk where Purdy seemed to have nearly 10 seconds to throw the ball

I am excited to see him vs Lamb. I’m sure Lamb will have a good game but the question will be how difficult Forbes makes it for him to get those yards

42 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Best part of the game was watching Purdy and SFs running game (180 yards).

I saw nothing that makes me feel good about being a WSH fan.

BRob was good in his very limited role but that's it. We are not a good team.

Oh, and the Oline only allowed one sack, but Howell has looked worse even as the same line has allowed less sacks.

That ocurred more or less at midseason. Something changed drastically: a lot less sacks but Howell has looked worse each game since.

Sam is watching the rush and panicking when it is near him which is why he is throwing inaccurately. 

Sam is clearly a momentum QB. If his guys are making plays for him, he goes on a roll. If he makes a mistake, things snowball for him. This aspect to his game is scary

I maintain my thoughts today that I had during the game yesterday. 49ers are good but they are not great. They have a lot of weapons and it took a while for them to put us away. Now some can say “they played down to their competition” bla bla bla reality is you are judged on the games you play. They got beat by the Ravens, and didn’t play great against a 4 win team. 

Great teams KILL 4 win teams…should have never been close, should have never been tied at any point, and yet beginning of the 4th quarter it was still a winnable game. I mean if they are so good why was a sweating a -14 cover! 

They are playoff bound and will probably do well, but I don’t think this is a Super Bowl winning team I don’t know if this is a NFC championship team. 

As for us…Sam ain’t the whole problem…a good coach could make him a very good,

and we need just over all better O-line, better play calling, better defensive scheme etc. No matter who they bring in after Ron it’s still gonna be a long long climb. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

As for us…Sam ain’t the whole problem…a good coach could make him a very good,

and we need just over all better O-line, better play calling, better defensive scheme etc. No matter who they bring in after Ron it’s still gonna be a long long climb. 

I agree that Sam is not the whole problem and better coaching, scheme etc would undoubtedly help. Question is, we just don't know how much. It's where a good GM and staff coming in would be able to see far better than us. Weird dynamic that we find ourselves in a position to draft a potential top QB this year. I personally think Sam is also very limited due to his height, I just don't think he sees the field all that well from the pocket especially the intermediate routes. Can possibly be overcome if your Brees but I don't think he will get that chance here due to our draft position.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KDawg said:

Having said that, the line looked better without Wylie. Again. 

I feel like this fact is being glossed over

He was forced down the teams throat as the starting vet RT.

He was always a decent G who played a little T

Coaching refused to remove or move him in the lineup even though he was getting his QB pummeled. 

11 hours ago, Leonard Washington said:

EB might struggle to get another HC/OC job on any team but the chiefs. He has gotten worse as the season progressed as well but maybe the all-22 says differently. 

KC has been struggling, wish they'd look into a trade to get EB back. Now that would feel good, even if a 7th rounder

11 hours ago, Leonard Washington said:

Off topic, Chase better turn it up big time in the playoffs or his FA options will not be extensive. 

I'm so done with Chase, **** him. 

10 hours ago, method man said:

Sam is watching the rush and panicking when it is near him which is why he is throwing inaccurately. 

Sam is clearly a momentum QB. If his guys are making plays for him, he goes on a roll. If he makes a mistake, things snowball for him. This aspect to his game is scary

Ok, but how did he make it through the first of half of the season when we were giving up sacks like M&Ms?

1 hour ago, Hdf561 said:

I maintain my thoughts today that I had during the game yesterday. 49ers are good but they are not great. They have a lot of weapons and it took a while for them to put us away. Now some can say “they played down to their competition” bla bla bla reality is you are judged on the games you play. They got beat by the Ravens, and didn’t play great against a 4 win team. 

Great teams KILL 4 win teams…should have never been close, should have never been tied at any point, and yet beginning of the 4th quarter it was still a winnable game. I mean if they are so good why was a sweating a -14 cover! 

In their defense Ravens are prob the best team in the League right now. 

Unlike us, they bounced back. We practically NEVER bounce back after a sucky game LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Ok, but how did he make it through the first of half of the season when we were giving up sacks like M&Ms?

In their defense Ravens are prob the best team in the League right now. 

Unlike us, they bounced back. We practically NEVER bounce back after a sucky game LOL

Do you mean physically? The upside with his body type is he is built like a RB and built to absorb hits. I believe he was 230+ at one point in college before trimming down. If genetics play a role, his dad was a college wrestler

6 hours ago, method man said:

Do you mean physically? The upside with his body type is he is built like a RB and built to absorb hits. I believe he was 230+ at one point in college before trimming down. If genetics play a role, his dad was a college wrestler

More like mentally. If was passing like a madman while getting hit what the hell changed in the second half of the season when sacks decreased. Like drastically.

I mean, if logic serves us well his numbers would have become even more impressive. But he regressed drastically.

7 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Brob was averaging over 5 yards a carry at halftime. Had 8 carries. Then in the second half he got one...count it ONE carry. That's a massive indictment of EB. The game was still close as well, in the 3rd qtr.

I don’t get why we don’t use Gibson and Robinson to wear teams down and set up play action. Both are tough runners and can sneak out into a route.  

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

More like mentally. If was passing like a madman while getting hit what the hell changed in the second half of the season when sacks decreased. Like drastically.

I mean, if logic serves us well his numbers would have become even more impressive. But he regressed drastically.

Part of it could be that the coaches may have overindexed on avoiding sacks as they have coached him. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, method man said:

Part of it could be that the coaches may have overindexed on avoiding sacks as they have coached him. 

It's just weird bro, really strange. Not much to do now expect hope for a complete house-clean.

I predicted correctly the final score of this game.  Just patting myself on the head for finally getting a prediction right.

Got food poisoning so could not watch the game.  Glad the players did not roll over to the 49ers.  They competed evidently

by not getting blown out. 

The Arizona Cardinals players really kicked Philly good. Philly fans were booing them at home.