Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Ho Ho Hoooooooooaaahhhh no! They Almost Beat the Jets

KDawg

58 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Well the Patriots look like they are going to beat the Broncos. The #3 overall is very much in play.

Nit sure what all transpired but I just saw the last second FG and the failed last play.  

But the Pats won.  

So yeah.  That’s helpful.  

49 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Williams/Maye/Daniels/MH jr. We’re guaranteed one of them.

If we don’t screw it up and beat Dallas.  

Also, one of the 2 best LTs is also available.  

Though unless they decide to go the Brissett + rebuild the entire roster route, I can’t imagine they don’t go QB with the top pick.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nit sure what all transpired but I just saw the last second FG and the failed last play.  

But the Pats won.  

So yeah.  That’s helpful.  

If we don’t screw it up and beat Dallas.  

Also, one of the 2 best LTs is also available.  

Though unless they decide to go the Brissett + rebuild the entire roster route, I can’t imagine they don’t go QB with the top pick.  

That's why I would really like to see brisett play these last 2 games, just to see if that is a viable option. It would be nice to get our lt or wr1 with the 1st rounder then maybe grab penix, nix, or McCarthy to sit and learn for a year or 2. If we could get one in the second there wouldn't be as much pressure to start right away. I don't know though, with the pats winning, we might have a chance at staying pat for williams maye or daniels. The other thing is even if brisset continues to play lights out, I doubt that would be enough to warrant keeping eb around. So many tough decisions for the next fo

5 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

That's why I would really like to see brisett play these last 2 games, just to see if that is a viable option. It would be nice to get our lt or wr1 with the 1st rounder then maybe grab penix, nix, or McCarthy to sit and learn for a year or 2. If we could get one in the second there wouldn't be as much pressure to start right away. I don't know though, with the pats winning, we might have a chance at staying pat for williams maye or daniels. The other thing is even if brisset continues to play lights out, I doubt that would be enough to warrant keeping eb around. So many tough decisions for the next fo

Brissett is not the long term answer.  

If we’re picking in the top 3 it’s got to be a QB. 

They have to fix the OL.  But it’s rare you pick that high, if you have the shot you take it if you like the player. 

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont think were capable of beating anyone right now. We got lit up by Trevor freaking Simien. The Dolphins backups scored on us. Cowboys backups will beat our behinds.

I hope to God you’re right.  

If actually fire Ron right now to make damn sure we don’t play anybody capable of winning from here on out.  

And I’d find a reason to IR Allen, Payne, McLaurin, Rodriguez and Robinson.  

I’d play Fromm and give him the opportunity. 

Ensure there is no possible way you screw this up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think next year's QBs should be the draft pick, Brissett as the backup and Howell can be the 3rd QB.  But if they somehow miss out on the top 3 guys, I dont know what they do.  They could be left with Howell again if Brissett walks and there's no draft pick starter type.

As for the game, yet another example of how EB has failed Howell by not leaning on the running game earlier.  He only goes to it in crisis when they get behind.  

We were only able to get back in the game because A) Semien is terrible, and B ) the Jets had way too many penalties.  14 for 150 is obscene.  

I'm gonna cut the defense a little slack (just a little) because the Jets were getting possession deep on our side of the field.  But they couldnt get any pressure on Semien.  They are desperate for an edge rusher.  

Watching the highlights of Flacco today, and you can see the veteran confidence that is only earned via live reps in real games.  The question isn’t can these cagey vets win you games, it’s how long does it last.  If Jacoby starts these next two and is competitive, and worse - wins a game - I’ll be furious.   I suspect that won’t be an issue though.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’d argue we know what we have.

OL: only one worth salvaging is Cosmi. Stromberg gets a pass. Daniels is red shirted. 

Tight End: Nothing for the long term.

RB: BRob and Rodriguez.

WR: McLaurin & Dotson

QB: Howell potentially as depth

DL: Henry, Jones

LB: Jamin. Hudson as depth.

S: Forrest, Quan

CB: Uh.

Everyone else is a FA… essentially. Or they aren’t worth keeping long term. 

I'd put Payne on the list too.

Hudson is a FA.

But everyone needs to remember we have TE Armani Rogers is back. Once he went down our 2023 season was lost :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ya, I mean, if we’re top 3 it almost has to be QB. And I’m saying this as someone who doesn’t even particularly love the top 3 in the class. 

The only other option is a trade back. There is an outside shot that it’s Marvin Harrison, Jr. Otherwise, the large percentages say that Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels are going to be Commanders. 

The more interesting development is how the rest of the draft is then handled. If we can get Beebe, Fuaga and Powers Johnson… that is a successful draft. I somehow doubt it… but that would be ridiculous for the offense. 

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Hudson is a FA.

But everyone needs to remember we have TE Armani Rogers is back. Once he went down our 2023 season was lost :rolleyes:

I actually did the list of the full team under contract next year in one of these threads last night. 

We wouldn’t be very good :ols:

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The more interesting development is how the rest of the draft is then handled. If we can get Beebe, Fuaga and Powers Johnson… that is a successful draft. I somehow doubt it… but that would be ridiculous for the offense. 

Now that being pulled off would be amazing. It would probably take some trading down but yes! 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I actually did the list of the full team under contract next year in one of these threads last night. 

Yup I just found it before you responded and Yes, we would suck :806:

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They have to fix the OL.  But it’s rare you pick that high, if you have the shot you take it if you like the player. 

If actually fire Ron right now to make damn sure we don’t play anybody capable of winning from here on out.  

You're right VoR, much to my chagrin.

The last two games have made it easy for the new regime to select a QB. That O-line won't fix itself, though.

I'm sensing they ship Howell and keep Brisset after drafting a new stud QB. Brisset starts the first 8 games and then lends the O to the new kid.

17 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

You're right VoR, much to my chagrin.

The last two games have made it easy for the new regime to select a QB. That O-line won't fix itself, though.

I'm sensing they ship Howell and keep Brisset after drafting a new stud QB. Brisset starts the first 8 games and then lends the O to the new kid.

Couple things:

1) Depends on who the QB pick is. If it is Drake, you keep Sam. They are close friends and Sam, being the pro he is, will likely go out of his way to help Drake adapt to the NFL. Different college OC but Sam can help Drake figure out the things to focus on with the UNC to pros leap (ex footwork)

2) I am not really interested in having someone start a few games before the rookie takes over. I want the rookie getting nearly all first team reps in the offseason 

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Hudson is a FA.

You joke but Armani has a very good shot at being the move TE next year. He was doing stuff in 2022 that TEs usually don’t do like run reverses

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Ya, I mean, if we’re top 3 it almost has to be QB. And I’m saying this as someone who doesn’t even particularly love the top 3 in the class. 

The only other option is a trade back. There is an outside shot that it’s Marvin Harrison, Jr. Otherwise, the large percentages say that Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels are going to be Commanders. 

I would be happier with one penciled in rookie starter and a couple quality FAs as plugged in starters at C and LG. Unless it is coming in FA, I would be disappointed if one of the second round picks was not used on a big X receiver, especially in a class this deep

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Like the Eagles did with Hurt against us...but Noooooo...we can't be that smart

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I read an article this week that some of the divas on the Eagles are not getting along with each other.  Hope the Giants win tonight.  Of course always enjoy seeing Dallas lose too.

Maybe for these last games we should call our team the Dreadedskins?

This is the downside to having someone like a Diggs or AJ Brown in your locker room when things aren’t going well. They used most of their extra draft capital up. I expect their D will be better next season with Patricia or someone else as DC but not sure how easy it will be for them to shore up their back 7. I also expect some of their older veterans such as Kelce, Graham and Cox to start retiring in the next season or two

13 hours ago, method man said:

Couple things:

1) Depends on who the QB pick is. If it is Drake, you keep Sam. They are close friends and Sam, being the pro he is, will likely go out of his way to help Drake adapt to the NFL. Different college OC but Sam can help Drake figure out the things to focus on with the UNC to pros leap (ex footwork)

2) I am not really interested in having someone start a few games before the rookie takes over. I want the rookie getting nearly all first team reps in the offseason 

That would be awesome indeed. Selecting a top-caliber QB that starts right away.

If Drake lands here then let the best man win. Everything points to a rebuilding season anyway.