Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

M.com: Dozens of Troops Suspected of Advocating Overthrow of US Government, New Pentagon Extremism Report Says

China

Dozens of Troops Suspected of Advocating Overthrow of US Government, New Pentagon Extremism Report Says

An annual Pentagon report on extremism within the ranks reveals that 78 service members were suspected of advocating for the overthrow of the U.S. government and another 44 were suspected of engaging or supporting terrorism.

The report released Thursday by the Defense Department inspector general revealed that in fiscal 2023 there were 183 allegations of extremism across all the branches of military, broken down not only into efforts to overthrow the government and terrorism but also advocating for widespread discrimination or violence to achieve political goals.

The statistics indicate the military continues to grapple with extremism following its public denunciations and a stand-down across the services ordered by Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin in 2021. Furthermore, the numbers do not make it clear whether the military's approach is working. In 2021, the year the data was first released to Congress, there were 270 allegations of extremist activities. In 2022, that figure dropped to 146 before rebounding over the past year.

Click on the link for the full article

This is why people like Mike Flynn should be held accountable for their actions

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

That was my first thought

then my second was “… that we know of”

Yea but even if there are 100 times as many that we don’t know of it is still a small number relative to the size of the military  🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, Metalhead said:

As a civvie working with active duty and gov vets, that is an incredibly small number, imo.

Probably many have a positive opinion of nov 6 actors but I think the is is talking about rising to the level of criminality. 

22 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yea but even if there are 100 times as many that we don’t know of it is still a small number relative to the size of the military  🤷‍♀️

Probably many have a positive opinion of nov 6 actors but I think the is is talking about rising to the level of criminality. 

Of those identified, I can see that. However there's a fuzzy line...lots of supporters inside. Contractor vets are the worst, mostly because they have more leeway to speak.

Right now we have a contractor (a Navy vet), wears a bullet-proof vest under his shirt everyday, and carries a max-filled LL Bean backpack with him at all times. Oh, and his shirts say "ULTRA-MAGA" or other 2A/Trump things. The day after the Uvalde shooting he started using full blackout contacts. And we are in a closed off scif...I mean, no one is going to get him or us down there.

Edit - added: and this is allowed because others silently support him and these actions.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What is happening on November 6? Is there a plot we don't know about? Are you in on it? Are you in the military?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, China said:

78 service members were suspected of advocating for the overthrow of the U.S. government and another 44 were suspected of engaging or supporting terrorism.

They are only SUSPECTED of horrible wrongdoing and so nothing should happen to them!

- George Santos

• Haha 1