Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Why would EB ever run a set with a naked backfield with a young QB like Howell and no offensive line to protect him? This is the dumbest formation we run and he continues to do it. We never run quick slants and rarely if ever run a crossing route by any receiver. I can't believe Howell is still able to play week in and week out. Every time we go naked backfield I tell my wife a sack is coming and it usually happens. Not impressed with EB.

I can't see the games but with what you stated I would have to agree.  IF you don't have an Oline to protect your QB why run such a play?  If you Oline is weak you run quick slants and cross routes. Exactly.  Better than what EB has been calling and again I can't see the games.  

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We saw how much further we have to go and we're damn close...to starting over again...

How come all our nuke the roster rebuilds end with need for another nuke the roster rebuild? 

We’ve never done a “nuke the roster rebuild” in the past 25 years so I’m not sure what you’re referring to. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Doing my own mock on the above 

1. Bears take Williams 

2. Patriots take Mayes

3. Arizona takes Harrison

4. Washington takes Fashanu

So it's either Fashanu or Harrison

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hes worse than Scott Turner. There I said it.

Turner could at least scheme WRs open and get Terry and Dotson the ball.

Yeah, he needs to be included in the goodbye party. 

19 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I am in WV and can't watch most games.  Tell me, O wise was it mostly on the Oline like it has been or was Howell the problem.  Can this team win with Howell like I think it can and will IF the GM builds our Oline and we have a new OC and the F.O. and HC and coaches are purged from this team, SIP?  I know D wise were we are.  

I think in a season or two they can rebuild it.  I like Howell but i am not 100% sold the new regime will be sold so i wouldn't completely discount someone like Jayden Daniels or whomever might be in play.

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

#3 overall is a decent possibility.  

My worry is the Giants leapfrog us at #3.  I am in the camp that Drake and Caleb are special.  If the Giants land one of them, they are likely set for the next 10-15 years.  I do think you need to end though with the top 2 picks to land either one.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think in a season or two they can rebuild it.  I like Howell but i am not 100% sold the new regime will be sold so i wouldn't completely discount someone like Jayden Daniels or whomever might be in play.

If they are going QB in the first, we better be doing a trade down a good way after the likes of Willams as I think Maye follows him best at around #10 overall, IMO.  The UNC stats between Howell and Maye are about the same.  Harris and Co. preached patience and with a 1st year QB under Center that has shown potential but has to run for his life or set and get sacked, I'd say a whole lot of Oline is needed.  I hope anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This sounds like a dude who is going to ask for a one way ticket out in the off-season.

Wonder if we can get another 2…

Just now, RWJ said:

If they are going QB in the first, we better be doing a trade down a good way after the likes of Willams as I think Maye follows him best at around #10 overall, IMO.  The UNC stats between Howell and Maye are about the same.  Harris and Co. preached patience and with a 1st year QB under Center that has shown potential but has to run for his life or set and get sacked, I'd say a whole lot of Oline is needed.  I hope anyway. 

Maye is not going to go 10th. He’ll be gone by 3.

• Like 3

I agree with the point some made here that Ron didn't change the culture here.  He was a nice guy who went through a lot and you can root for him as a dude.

But as to the team, he didn't build a winning culture.  His version of it is having more boy scout types in the locker room. But that alone doesn't change a culture.  And some can argue you need some feisty SOB types in the mix so if anything that approach is a downgrade.

This off season IMO Ron was insufferable.  He came off arrogant, delusional and lazy.  He passes the buck as far as blame and has excuses for everything.  That's not a culture shift IMO.

I liked Ron before this off season as a person.  i still do to some extent.  But as a coach or culture setter he stunk it up here IMO.   I can tell he seems to be concerned about how the fan base will perceive his tenure.  For me, before this off season, I would be OK with his legacy but now i am not.  I think it was cool that we had a nice guy coaching the team while we had a douche owner, but outside of that, I see Ron as a loser and he made himself a punchline this season.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

10th? He’s going 2 at worst, maybe 3 if the picks fall weird (but I doubt it) 

• Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Conn said:

We’ve never done a “nuke the roster rebuild” in the past 25 years so I’m not sure what you’re referring to. 

Keyword was "need for"...

Not only are tou right, but points out that I've lost count how many times it appeared new admin was getting their guys when they were really jus replacing trash with trash. 

So bad that by time we got to end of Shanny, Jay, now Rivera we all agree the need to completely blown up the roster.

How many players are left from the 2019 roster?  Case can be made the 2019 team could beat this one.

Just now, Jumbo said:

It's downright disorienting watching the niners (at least since the second qtr) and the iggles play and comparing it to the level our team plays at.

The 49ers play calling is light years better than what we run. There's a flow to it, our playcalling is so "one play at a time" it never seems to build on anything.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Jumbo said:

It's downright disorienting watching the niners (at least since the second qtr) and the iggles play and comparing it to the level our team plays at.

Doesn’t really make any sense how we went toe to toe with the Eagles twice. But I think the players still believed they could win those game. Today you saw a team that knew they were no match for the Dolphins.

• Like 3

I didn’t even catch that Rivera set up an excuse before the game even happened, he thinks he’s slick. Even with no Bruce Allen type figure to compete with and total authority during an absentee Snyder ownership and a new gangly-legged baby deer Harris ownership…Ron still became a slimy politician trying to survive here. Whole building needs to be nuked from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Oh, I can help you. 

When you watch this game, Eagles/Niners, imagine you’re watching a NFL game.

When you watch us imagine you’re watching a Wednesday night MAC game. And we’re the team getting blown out.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, CobraCommander said:

Doesn’t really make any sense how we went toe to toe with the Eagles twice. But I think the players still believed they could win those game. Today you saw a team that knew they were no match for the Dolphins.

Part of it is the writing on the wall and the inevitably of everything being blown up at seasons end.

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This sounds like a dude who is going to ask for a one way ticket out in the off-season.

Nah, he was on with The Junkies Monday and said he grew up a Skins fan (local guy) and wanted to be around when they start building a winner. 

He's just frustrated like the rest of us.

Edited by HigSkin