Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Patriots

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Of course you find a way to blame the play call lmao 

I'm not wrong though.

Bad play design and not a good red zone play.

If Sa had someone to block for him to run or another eligible pass catcher that wasn't lumped in the end zone together?

It was also a bad pass and he should have run it.

• Like 1

Just now, Simmsy said:

We didn't need to call a timeout. Why? so EB can tell Sam not to throw an INT directly to a defender?

Young guys make dumbs mistakes. Help them out and slow the game down. I am not taking the blame off Howell, but the coaches could have help him there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

He wasn't wearing an invisibility cloak...he made a mistake, I'm sure hell just own it and move on

But he was, kindof.  

We benefit from a raised view.  From field level he would have had to see through three guys to see the defender behind them.  He did see Thomas streaking across the end line.  He was shielded from the defender who dropped into zone.  

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not sure.  He didn’t see the defender because he was shielded by the receiver and double coverage in front of the guy who picked it off.

Sometimes weird stuff happens.  

You should be sure. There were 4 defenders in tight space with two receivers, and both WR's were blanketed. Sam then lofts it directly into the hands of a DB. It was ugly. C'mon.

I'm not down on Sam, but that was an ugly pick.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

You should be sure. There were 4 defenders in tight space with two receivers, and both WR's were blanketed. Sam then lofts it directly into the hands of a DB. It was ugly. C'mon.

I agree.  But I think it looked worse than it was.  

A lot of you seem down on Sam, I don't get it. The guy is a starter in this league. And a solid one at that. With a big upside. The first real QB we have had other the Kirk. If the WRs would catch the ball this game wouldn't even be close. It's definitely not Sam's fault. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Yes it was  but trying to figure out what happened and not just sam sucks get rid of him comments are good to see