Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I generally dislike “The NFL is rigged” discourse but damn. 

They waited 3 minutes to change the call on the field? Then ruled against Washington because it’s not conclusive. Christ that’s some refball. 

They even moved the chains and

moved them back

Just now, kingdaddy said:

We passed on 4th and inches in the 1st half and that was a brutal call. Any team that can't get 6 inches at home in a division game by running the ball is just playing scared. 

It was 4th and a long 1. But we needed to at least show an intention to run.

I would have kicked the FG.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Oh boy here come the conspiracy theorists. Is it that the league is fixed or scripted?

Why would the refs need to screw us over if everyone is just following a script anyways.

Turns out the call was actually a good one. The ball barely touched the ground. 

We lost, the Rivera era is over, so hopefully we tank and receive  high draft picks to rebuilt our team.

At least they went out with some effort. 

Edited by WFT4Ever
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

It’s not rigged, we’re just not very good

Lots of head scratching flags and calls on the field in this game.  Even the booth was questioning almost every call in the first half.  Oddly, all the calls today that mattered went against the Commanders at important times and the Eagles escaped any penalty  that mattered.  Seems odd no matter how good a team is.

• Like 3

Just now, kingdaddy said:

We passed on 4th and inches in the 1st half and that was a brutal call. Any team that can't get 6 inches at home in a division game by running the ball is just playing scared. 

Sure as he'll didn't sound like we were playing at home. That's got to change going forward. Winning might help.

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

It actually did.....

As awful as the refs were today, somehow they had the amazing eagle eyes to see in real time that was incomplete when it looked to everyone else that it was a catch and took three minutes of super slo mo from multiple angles to see it touch the ground for a millisecond.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Csup said:

Then stop watching 

I'm getting closer and closer.

It's why I stopped watching Nascar when it was obvious they rigged the outcomes throwing cautions for debris at all the convenient times to keep the endings interesting. 

I've seen wayyyyyyy too much (especially recently) that suggests the nfl uses referees to at bare minimum attempt to get the outcome they're hoping for.

• Like 2

Just now, WFT4Ever said:

Oh boy here come the conspiracy theorist. Is it that the league is fixed or scripted?

Why would the refs need to screw us over if everyone is just following a script anyways.

Turns out the call was actually a good one. The ball barely touched the ground. 

We lost, the Rivera era is over, so hopefully we tank and receive  high draft picks to rebuilt our team.

At least they went out with some effort. 

The call was a catch and it took them over 3 minutes to change it.  That is bull****

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1