Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Remember that Peters has never been GM before and there are way more duties than just scouting college prospects. Its good to have two experienced guys that can show him the ropes and even help take some of the other load off him while he learns.

• Like 3

The "off-season" for scouts is after the draft, there is zero benefit for firing ANYONE from the scouting team before the draft. Most scouting departments are overhauled in April and May, not in January/February.

Maybe someone should let G&D know how it works?

• Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, illone said:

The "off-season" for scouts is after the draft, there is zero benefit for firing ANYONE from the scouting team before the draft. Most scouting departments are overhauled in April and May, not in January/February.

Once the draft is over Marty H is gone for sure. Unknown about Marty M.

Just wondering how long to do let Jason Wright be one of the organization’s faces.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Just wondering how long to do let Jason Wright be one of the organization’s faces.

Unless Mayhew gets a better offer elsewhere I can see Peters keeping him around now. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Why are you so obsessed with Martin and Marty?  You’ve been predicting their demise for a year and you’ve been wrong every time.  

They have no authority, but they provide some experience to a first time GM and owner, which they feel to be helpful.  Whether they are here or not seems slightly irrelevant at the moment. But it seems to bother you to your core.

It’s fine but somewhat odd.  

Also, given your track record, every time you predict their demise, it seems more and more likely they are here longer.  Your predictions are pretty sure not to come true…

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Marty H likely is gone after the draft. Marty M may stay on, given his previous relationship with Adam in San Francisco but I can see him wanting to pursue other opportunities elsewhere.

Mayhew is staying, per reports, I believe.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Why are you so obsessed with Martin and Marty?

They're associated with Rivera

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, illone said:

Grant and Danny are idiotic morons who have a platform and no interest in being educated, and no interest in helping to raise the awareness or educate with proper information their listeners.

I hate our media so much.  

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Mayhew is staying, per reports, I believe.

I would say the Rivera obsession was a bit odd too.

Though some MIGHT say I have an unhealthy obsession with Jay.  Which MIGHT be true.  (I have always been told I have a very high degree of self awareness.)

But I don’t think my Jay obsession ever was to the point where I migrated it to other people.  

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Watch the Commander ‘Log’ episode currently doing the rounds. Peters and Mayhew seem well associated IMO.

They worked together for years in SF.  Peters brought Mayhew to the HC interviews.

At the very least, Peters relies on Mayhew for experience, since it is his first time in the job.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They worked together for years in SF.  Peters brought Mayhew to the HC interviews.

At the very least, Peters relies on Mayhew for experience, since it is his first time in the job.  

Yep, I’m fine with Mayhew sticking around. Previously wanted him gone, but now, whatever. Peters and he go back. Mayhew might actually get utilised more productively now.

• Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I hate our media so much.

I want to know the thought process behind putting any combination of Chris Russell, Lynell Willingham, and Doc Walker together, on air, at anytime.

28 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Mayhew might actually get utilised more productively now.

Mayhew also didn't have final say, Rivera did. I recall reports of the Marties wanting certain players and Rivera overruling them. (I could also be making that up, it's been known to happen.)

• Thumb up 1

I have no issue with Harris siting in on QB interviews. This is the guy hes gonna bank the first era of his team on. He needs to get to know them too. Plus, as a first time NFL owner, he wants to get to know how the process goes. 

Hes not gonna pick who we draft, he just wants to see how it works. 

Its a complete non issue.

35 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep, I’m fine with Mayhew sticking around. Previously wanted him gone, but now, whatever. Peters and he go back. Mayhew might actually get utilised more productively now.

Yeah I dont think Mayhew is the nincompoot everyone thinks he is. The 2022 trade down that we engineered was all him. Granted Id have preferred to stay put and take Olave or Hamilton but the draft pick value was good.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I have no issue with Harris siting in on QB interviews. This is the guy hes gonna bank the first era of his team on. He needs to get to know them too. Plus, as a first time NFL owner, he wants to get to know how the process goes. 

Hes not gonna pick who we draft, he just wants to see how it works. 

Its a complete non issue.

58 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

To say nothing of the fact if he’s good Harris is going to have to sign off on paying the guy $300m.

If I was the owner I’d like to know that guy too.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Personally, I don't think you throw out the baby with the bath water. If they offer value with their experience and aren't incompetent like their boss, Ron Rivera was, then I see no reason why they can't stick around. 

besides "keeping the main thing the main thing" DQ keeps repeating (which i love helps; helps keep him focused) he started using that his superpower (on peters picking players) and finding they're superpower i believe he said it regarding Davis or another player in one of his interviews.  I love that, him and the other coaches are going to find what the players do well and leverage it.  Something paddleboat never did; he did the opposite in fact with "position flex".

• Like 1

Harris is a life long diehard fan and just bought the team. He got the GM and HC he wanted and now he gets to watch the process happen in person. That's gotta be so awesome for him. Zero chance that he's making the call. It'll probably be cool to see the draftees meet the actual owner and see how they handle that.

I think it's cool that he's there and not involved.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1