Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I call BS. Wright is an attention seeker and sucks at everything he does. He needs to go period. If he’s good he can prove it elsewhere. Too much damage here. He has to be gone. 

Again,  I'll trust an elite business man's opinion like Josh Harris' opinion over any of ours. If he feels like Wright is good enough to be a part of his organization, that's good enough for me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Again,  I'll trust an elite business man's opinion like Josh Harris' opinion over any of ours. If he feels like Wright is good enough to be a part of his organization, that's good enough for me. 

If he didn’t have negative history here maybe. He doesn’t fulfill a role that’s indispensable nor is he uniquely qualified that he’s the only one who can perform it. He has to go. 

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

How about name change sin or cos?

I got this joke and I feel proud of myself.  

And would like to send a thank you to the late, great Mr. Joey Sexton, my Trigonometry teacher from 30 years ago.  Also worked for him selling Christmas trees, because he owned a Christmas tree farm.  

One of the best teachers I ever had and one of my first employers. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If he didn’t have negative history here maybe. He doesn’t fulfill a role that’s indispensable nor is he uniquely qualified that he’s the only one who can perform it. He has to go. 

My sources tell me he will be replaced by Jeff Bezos. 🤣

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He doesn’t fulfill a role that’s indispensable

He might though. He is deeply involved in the new stadium stuff by all accounts. That is very valuable to a new owner who needs a new stadium at all costs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And would like to send a thank you to the late, great Mr. Joey Sexton, my Trigonometry teacher from 30 years ago.  Also worked for him selling Christmas trees, because he owned a Christmas tree farm.  

I absolutely love the fact that your trig teacher sold green triangles on the side…

You could base a movie on that angle.  (I’ll see myself out)

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

So what does Jason actually do now?

Jedi mind tricks since he has a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology in order to design brand new porta potties as a Vi-Pee of flushing operations. Wright ?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47u9db0hzfdt86mya6kt

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, spjunkies said:

That's exactly the way it should be. Most fans don't give a **** about their team president, we only know about Wright because he had to cover for the cowardly owner while the ship was sinking. 

One day I'd be interested in reading about what happened with Wright and Dan.  Because I gather something took a turn.  It was hilarious at least for me to see Wright basically blasting Dan while he was still an employee of his with all the comments about its a game changer to have Dan gone.  And he said it again and again. 

At the same time Ron Rivera was still sucking up to Dan to no end.  Then maybe it was a coincidence but rumors surfaced about Ron and Wright not seeing things eye to eye.  Then Sheehan pointed out Dan's parting press release which included him bragging about promoting diversity didn't even mention Wright so he suspected they didn't leave on good terms.   My spitball guess is Ron-Dan saw Wright as disloyal to Dan.   And Ron seems very determined to back and big time so his owner no matter what they did -- he did the same in Carolina through the sexual harrassment accusations of the owner at the time.

Just spitballing here, but I think there is a good chance Wright is an expert of who would have done business with this team but wouldn't because of Dan.  He's referenced that point a few times in subtle ways.  For Harris trying to reignite this team as far as its finances I would gather would find that knowledge useful.

Part of the reason why i became sour on Ron the last off season was I found Ron's fawning over Dan to be nauseating.  He kept at it even months after the sale was announced.  As a Dan hater, I did quite enjoy the barbs from Wright aimed at Dan.

Having said that, I am with you, no other teams head of business are known by their fan bases.  It's just this team because Dan was too chicken to talk and was hiding in his office drinking Crown Royals.   We barely hear a peep out of Wright now.  Whether he stays or goes, I don't care.  But Harris isn't a dumb guy.  He has the reputation of liking the best of the best.  If Wright was bad at his job I'd figure he'd be long gone -- especially considering its the business side of this business where Harris would have the most knowledge and connections so if he wanted to replace him it should be easy.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 10

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And would like to send a thank you to the late, great Mr. Joey Sexton, my Trigonometry teacher from 30 years ago.

We had a short Vietnamese man who would scream at us “No! You’re wrong! You’re so wrong!” And tell us how he would never have made it to America without the Pythagorean Theorem. 

He was a fantastic teacher 

• Haha 4

Let's not forget that Wright came here with zero...like, absolutely none...experience in an NFL front-office.  Personally, I was unaware that NFL Team President was a learn-on-the-job type opportunity.

Even with that resume, doofus Dan brought him in as team Pres. to run the entire business operation. And, like all his hires, Dan surely had to over-sell just to get someone to take the position. I guess with the plan really was Wright would just learn on the job, but that's been painful to watch and mostly a failure. 

Some of Wright's greatest-hits:

- Failed in absolutely spectacular fashion when put in charge of the public introduction of the new name and branding.  Whether you like "Commanders" or not, it was obviously on Wright to put a good face on the unveiling and marketing campaign...and, it was one of the saddest most milquetoast things i've ever witnessed in sports.

- Failed in making any progress on a new stadium.  Hamstrung by Dan? ...sure.  That said, all he ever did was accompany Dan on their subpoena dodging trip to Europe, where they also checked out some soccer facilities.  Release some stupid potato-chip looking stadium renderings. And, was part of the "brain-trust" that had Snyd-dog put down $100mil. on perhaps the worst stadium site imaginable (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10846841/NFLs-Commanders-drop-100million-potential-site-new-stadium-Virginia.html)

-  Outright lied to fans. This one is my probably favorite...the 'ol wrong dates on the WAS crest/seal controversy. This ass-hat, who played 6 years in the NFL and knows exactly how the year of a Super Bowl champion is honored, seriously tried to tell each and everyone of us that this team won the SB in 1983, 1988, &1992...and that that was the "common nomenclature" for how it was done. Please, get the **** out of here with that Dan Snyder fueled gas-lighting bull**** 😆

- Looking like an abject moron in front of the media.  See above re: name reveal...but also his over-the-top T.O.-esque "that's my quarterback" defense of Carson Wentz when ABC's Scott Abraham dared to question if a terrible QB like Wentz was the right choice. He also got into it with fans on twitter during this debacle, and came off looking like a thin-skinned amateur.

- Failed to manage to team funds. Perhaps you remember the team doing a $15k raffle for charity during week one, perhaps not.  But, do know that the raffle winner's $15k check straight up bounced.  Now, I certainly don't think that Jason is involved with the minutia of a $15k transaction.  But, he 100% runs the business office...and does not run the kind of tight ship where someone working for him isn't going to make that accounting error. It was just another embarrassment for the team, giving the media an easy opportunity to rightly dunk on us.

I could go on, but I'll leave it here and ask...can anyone maybe share some things that we can actually credit Wright with accomplishing during his time here?

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Let's not forget that Wright came here with zero...like, absolutely none...experience in an NFL front-office.  Personally, I was unaware that NFL Team President was a learn-on-the-job type opportunity.

Even with that resume, doofus Dan brought him in as team Pres. to run the entire business operation. And, like all his hires, Dan surely had to over-sell just to get someone to take the position. I guess with the plan really was Wright would just learn on the job, but that's been painful to watch and mostly a failure. 

Some of Wright's greatest-hits:

- Failed in absolutely spectacular fashion when put in charge of the public introduction of the new name and branding.  Whether you like "Commanders" or not, it was obviously on Wright to put a good face on the unveiling and marketing campaign...and, it was one of the saddest most milquetoast things i've ever witnessed in sports.

- Failed in making any progress on a new stadium.  Hamstrung by Dan? ...sure.  That said, all he ever did was accompany Dan on their subpoena dodging trip to Europe, where they also checked out some soccer facilities.  Release some stupid potato-chip looking stadium renderings. And, was part of the "brain-trust" that had Snyd-dog put down $100mil. on perhaps the worst stadium site imaginable (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10846841/NFLs-Commanders-drop-100million-potential-site-new-stadium-Virginia.html)

-  Outright lied to fans. This one is my probably favorite...the 'ol wrong dates on the WAS crest/seal controversy. This ass-hat, who played 6 years in the NFL and knows exactly how the year of a Super Bowl champion is honored, seriously tried to tell each and everyone of us that this team won the SB in 1983, 1988, &1992...and that that was the "common nomenclature" for how it was done. Please, get the **** out of here with that Dan Snyder fueled gas-lighting bull**** 😆

- Looking like an abject moron in front of the media.  See above re: name reveal...but also his over-the-top T.O.-esque "that's my quarterback" defense of Carson Wentz when ABC's Scott Abraham dared to question if a terrible QB like Wentz was the right choice. He also got into it with fans on twitter during this debacle, and came off looking like a thin-skinned amateur.

- Failed to manage to team funds. Perhaps you remember the team doing a $15k raffle for charity during week one, perhaps not.  But, do know that the raffle winner's $15k check straight up bounced.  Now, I certainly don't think that Jason is involved with the minutia of a $15k transaction.  But, he 100% runs the business office...and does not run the kind of tight ship where someone working for him isn't going to make that accounting error. It was just another embarrassment for the team, giving the media an easy opportunity to rightly dunk on us.

I could go on, but I'll leave it here and ask...can anyone maybe share some things that we can actually credit Wright with accomplishing during his time here?

Ensuring that this message board was still around so that we could continue to **** and moan about him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Ensuring that this message board was still around so that we could continue to **** and moan about him.

Again, to Wright not running a tight ship...

Wouldn't it have been on the team business office to make payment for the operation of what is literally the official team message-board?

Seems like you're patting him on the back for fixing an easily avoidable screw-up that was the responsibility of his office in the first place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, formerly4skins said:

Again, to Wright not running a tight ship...

Wouldn't it have been on the team business office to make payment for the operation of what is literally the official team message-board?

Seems like you're patting him on the back for fixing an easily avoidable screw-up that was the responsibility of his office in the first place.

Seems to me like that's a transaction that likely went above him during a little thing called a $6.05 billion team sale 3 months prior to it going down. 

If it happens again, you have a right to point fingers his way, try being reasonable. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Seems to me like that's a transaction that likely went above him during a little thing called a $6.05 billion team sale 3 months prior to it going down. 

If it happens again, you have a right to point fingers his way, try being reasonable. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the guy who runs the entire business operation be responsible for running a tight ship.  Now, failed payment on the website bill and on the auction check were accounting issues probably below Wright's level of direct involvement, just because of the dollar amounts we're talking about.

But, he very obviously runs the kind of operation where his employees in the business office lack attention to detail...resulting in very public facing errors being made due to lack of payment.  Holding him accountable for that is no different than holding coaches accountable for the product on the field...even though their not the ones out there laying hits.

Edited by formerly4skins
  • Like 1

Just now, formerly4skins said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the guy who runs the entire business operation be responsible for running a tight ship.  Now, failed payment on the website bill and on the auction check were accounting issues probably below Wright's level of direct involvement, just because of the dollar amounts we're talking about.

But, he very obviously runs the kind of operation where his employees in the business office lack attention to detail...resulting in very public facing errors being made due to lack of payment.  Holding him accountable for that is no different than holding coaches accountable for the product on the field..even though their not the ones out there laying hits.

So apparently you know better than Josh Harris who has been doing evaluations of Wright and his staff for months now, got it!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

So what does Jason actually do now?

I love a good running joke as much as the next guy-- probably more so than most.

But I'm also plagued with this ridiculous "fairness" gene, that I was born with, that often gets in the way of a good old fashioned piling on opportunity.

I sometimes wonder if our perception of Jason Wright are forever distorted by the impossible situation he was put in. No one persevered or enhanced their reputation while workin under "The Shameless One" (TSO).

How can you fairly evaluate anyone trapped in that situation?

The irony of  this is that if Jason Wright had never worked with "TSO" and was just a new Josh Harris acquisition, hired to be the local lead on new stadium matters and other non-football related projects, I think we'd all look at his resume and say, "thumbs way up!" and then mostly forget about him.

Maybe, just maybe, Wright deserves to be judged on what he does going forward.

Maybe all of us deserve a second chance, to show our worth, after a difficult first run.

Then again, maybe that's just my damned faulty "fairness gene" trying to overreach again.

Carry on.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

So apparently you know better than Josh Harris who has been doing evaluations of Wright and his staff for months now, got it!

Not sure where the "know better than Harris" stuff is coming from, because I never said that at all.

I simply went through an abbreviated accounting of the reasons Jason Wright is bad at his job. 

My thoughts on Harris keeping him around would be that he simply didn't want to clean house on the football and business sides simultaneously.

Which, makes sense.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I love a good running joke as much as the next guy-- probably more so than most.

But I'm also plagued with this ridiculous "fairness" gene, that I was born with, that often gets in the way of a good old fashioned piling on opportunity.

I sometimes wonder if our perception of Jason Wright are forever distorted by the impossible situation he was put in. No one persevered or enhanced their reputation while workin under "The Shameless One" (TSO).

The irony of  this is that if Jason Wright had never worked with "TSO" and was just a new Josh Harris acquisition, hired to be the local lead on new stadium matters and other non-football related projects, I think we'd all look at his resume and say, "thumbs way up!" and then mostly forget about him.

Maybe all of us deserve a second chance, to show our worth, after a difficult first run.

Then again, maybe that's just my damned faulty "fairness gene" trying to overreach again.

Carry on.

That was a lovely and well thought out post, Rye. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

So I guess between now and the draft, we've reached the dead period as far as news about this team is concerned.  Hence the various discussions about Jason Wright.  Time will tell about his future with the team I guess.  

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I dealt with the team's Charity Foundation multiple times.  From what I understood it was its own entity and not run by the business operation.  Actually Tanya herself was heavily involved in that part of the operaton.

One of the things that Keim said learning about the new owners is when they took over they understood the dysfunction from above and how that can creep into everything below them.  And they wanted to grade the business and football operation without Dan.  Ron clearly failed that test big time.  Jason I gather passed the test.

For me all the nostalgia stuff and honoring the past feels depressing with each given year.  I used to be all into it.  I've been to Redskins-Commanders park multiple times.  It's cool seeing the trophies right to your left as you enter the building.  But as more years march on, the more it feels like being an old dude recalling the years of when we used typewriters and we didn't have the Internet and how great those times were - suggesting we will never relive those glory years again, and the modern times are for other franchises.  So how we get right or not honoring that period -- to each their own but for me its a big yawn these days and a bit depressing because this team seems so mired in past nostalgia. 

Though from what I understand Dan was really bad as to dealing with alumni with the exception of his pet favorites and was outright rude to some of this team's alumni who hasn't felt welcome. I don't think its a wild coincidence that now apparently its night and day more welcoming to alumni. 

There was a WP article about how Harris when he took over would get employees coming to him squeemishly asking if they can add this or that to the facility and stadium and Harris was surprised at the nature of the questions and would say of course we are running a professional team aren't we? 

So that's the backdrop for that business group under Dan, them penny pinching over everything, they pay less to their employees than most teams -- Dan doesn't like it when employees take lunch breaks.  On and on we'd read about that crap.  And guys like Sheehan who knew people who worked there said over the years that its a lot worse than the stories that have surfaced.

So now we are complaining abut stories relating to Jason while Dan was here.  Shockingly, now that Dan is gone, there isn't much to carp about it.  And from Harris' viewpoint, they are now selling out games again and seem to be making major strides with the stadium including RFK for a change.   I gather, that's more important to Harris than the smaller stuff under Dan.

Also, like I said in my previous post, Jason Wright was leveling Dan before he left.  I loved that.  I respect it.  I love that Dan didn't even mention Wright in that press release that Sheehan mentioned.  Especially juxtaposed to Ron who fawned over Dan right through the bitter end.

Whether Jason lives on or survives with this team.  I don't care.  But I do care a lot more about the stadium and for this team to make enough money where they aren't so cash poor as they were becoming under Dan.   The sidebar stuff for me doesn't matter but I again I don't think its a coincidence that the sidebar issues have mostly melted away once Dan left.

Them selling out games, selling out their suites are all good for the bottom line of the team.  Ditto getting a new stadium.  Those seem to me to be the sea changes activities for the business operation not the smaller stuff.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

14 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

VOR said:

One of the best teachers I ever had

Apologies, with the limitations of Euclidian geometry put to the side what I'm going to say iis really a tangent to a tangent. 😜

But it's a lazy Sunday morning and perhaps this is something we all can benefit from...

Who among us whether you're successful beyond your dreams, or currently in the midst of a great struggle just to make it through the day, doesn't find themselves more than occasionally remembering and being thankful for those great souls along the way that aided  in your journey?

Often in ways that became apparent only many years or even decades down the line.

Teachers come at the oddest of times and sometimes in the strangest of forms.

I offer a silent prayer for all of our teachers with the hope that we may honor them in the best way possible--

by doing the same for those who (seemingly) randomly cross our path.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Carry on.

Jason outright lied to the fans multiple times. You have to go after that. Bruce never outright lied. He qualified his comments. Jason is incompetent. Fairness dictates he gets fired period. 

• Like 1

No one knows what the pocket sized Napoleon required Wright to do and not do, he was his boss after all. I’ll give him a small amount of leeway. Harris didn’t get rich by making dumb decisions so if he’s keeping Wright around there must be a reason. I think Ron had more say in some of the business side than we probably know, he obviously wasn’t fully focused on football by his own admission. The ST thing was pretty bad though😡

• Like 4