Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

That was great. 

You could tell Kliff really doesn't want to be a focus.  He seemed like a guy who was like, "let me get back to my office where I can watch film".  LOL

Couple of things I liked -

Collaborative coaching all moving in the same direction (no ego)

We'll do whatever works for our talent and whatever those strengths are

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 7

Again, this is a slept on move that I called from the beginning. People are going by that agents poll but these guys have relationships with one another. And the fact that this is Peters's first job as a GM, I think he wants to make sure this doesn't go wrong. As long as Marty doesn't get in the way he'll keep as many voices around as possible right now. Things might thin out later as he gets more of a feel for things but I knew that there wouldn't be immediate firings. 

I don't expect that he needs a "big brother" type of thing but if Marty is getting paid to be in a semi-retired mentoring role where he's doing a bit of scouting (which is his hobby anyway) and answering questions that Peters may have about things if Peters should want to come to him, then I'd assume Marty is available. 

I think that the Martin thing is a whole different aspect. I think it is a three headed monster beteeen Lance and Adam and Marty. I don't know where anybody's specialty is, but I do know that Martin knows both of these guys and so you can say that Martin was helpful in building both the SF and the Detroit franchises. I know I have heard that SF designed metrics for pass rushers to get off the ball and thats how they draft them. I wonder if Detroit has designed a metric for running backs because thats what they seem to specialize in (for years), or WRs (a number of good to great WRs). They had good offensive lines in both places, so maybe they had really good metrics for that. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Enjoy him while you can. This man will be a head coach somewhere.

Yep, you can just tell we will get maybe 1-2 years

Oh he just said is favorite player is Sean Taylor. I think he just totally won over the fan base

Edited by just654
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

Marcus Washington! Now there's a name. Man, Whitt is incredible. I echo the sentiment that this guy is probably here 2 years *tops* before he's a HC somewhere. This year is going to be very interesting, and although there are roster question marks I have to think that they'll get a great deal more out of the current players than the last regime did. 

• Thumb up 3

Thank you, Josh Harris, for putting together a professional organization. It may take some time, but I already feel like the clouds have lifted and good days are ahead.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Thank you, Josh Harris, for putting together a professional organization. It may take some time, but I already feel like the clouds have lifted and good day are ahead.

I can only imagine what the fan turnout at training camp will look like this year. Going to be wild.

• Like 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1