Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I know he was blocked by Dal@ss, but I'm wondering if it's still possible to get Al Harris if Zimmer doesn't want him?  Probably a long shot, but could still happen

If Zimmer decides not to keep him on staff, he becomes essentially a free agent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Exactly, what would else would they say? 🙂

”The Chicago Bears would accept any reasonable offers. Please call now.”

If they are hoping to trade back and take a player like MHJ, they really only have Wash & NE in play.  If they drop below ARZ, they likely don't get their guy. If either Wash or NE is fine staying put, they don't have the same leverage.... so they put it out there that they "love" Caleb.

I'm not claiming that I have any idea what they are thinking, it's fairly likely that they really do like Caleb.  My only point was that it wasn't in the Bears best interest to act luke warm towards Caleb.  His status directly impacts the value of their pick .... so of course they "love" him.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

"And now for something completely different..." 

Monty Python 

IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

Status quo maintained? Check

Losing decent coaches? Check

Going “all in” by rehiring a DC that flamed out here already? Check

Players and their families saying stupid crap online? Check

Same players still feeling entitled to extensions and massive contracts? Check

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero confidence in the leadership of the FO.

I have zero confidence and trust in the heart and will of these players.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

I have zero hope that any of these things change anytime soon.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over

The preceding was posted at the Cowboyszone forum on a thread entitled: THE STENCH OF FAILURE

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/the-stench-of-failure.521950/

Well that tasty morsel certainly hit the spot!

You have to search far and wide for a more satisfying serving of schadenfreude than that.

My oh my how the times they are a changing...

Mmmmmm.... His tears are like candy.... Nom Nom nom

Haha 😂 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Man Jerry Glanville was right when he said the NFL stands for "Not For Long". 

That is some brutal turnover.

Looking at just the offensive play callers, if

you take the former Redskinst McVay, Shanahan, and Lafleur out of the picture just about everyone else has been doing it for under two years. That's just crazy!

Talk about survival of the fittest.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

If they are hoping to trade back and take a player like MHJ, they really only have Wash & NE in play.  If they drop below ARZ, they likely don't get their guy. If either Wash or NE is fine staying put, they don't have the same leverage.... so they put it out there that they "love" Caleb.

I'm not claiming that I have any idea what they are thinking, it's fairly likely that they really do like Caleb.  My only point was that it wasn't in the Bears best interest to act luke warm towards Caleb.  His status directly impacts the value of their pick .... so of course they "love" him.

Understood. It’s decent logic.

Ive just found that every year teams at the top of the draft articulate that they won’t discount anything (leaving all possibilities open) and over-value QBs (threaten to take one higher than expected). 

Since the QB position is a premium spot… and most teams are QB needy… creating scarcity only increases the value and leverage of the pick.

So every team does it. For that simple reason alone.

• Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

It's too late. Dating back to 81...

I wonder who on our staff was voted most likely to partake...

image.gif.1624d60157dd59e74085fd09979baa31.gif

No idea which current coach would do it.

But if you had asked what former player would be most likely to not only partake but gobble up every last one of 'em then go out and get you a hundred yards and a couple of touchdowns it'd be this guy...

image.png.a2d713ffc8b0afb9fa390cf02d6e69b6.png

I wonder how many of the nephews are out there wondering who the hell this crazy s.o.b. is lol

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

But if you had asked what former player would be most likely to not only partake but gobble up every last one of 'em then go out and get you a hundred yards and a couple of touchdowns it'd be this guy...

And then he'd be in traction for a couple of days in the hospital. You gotta love the guy. He gave it his all.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, FrFan said:

According to NFL.com "Chicago would need a historic haul of draft picks and overall compensation to move off the first pick of the 2024 NFL Draft"

I seriously doubt Peters will go down that snyderesque road (for an immature diva, sorry couldn't help it ;)).

Just to be clear - as it seems it may not be - I was in no way suggesting the team trade for Caleb WIlliams. I was simply listing options the team had and that Doug gave no indications of that direction. 

I will add that Chicago can want what ever. But getting someone to pay it is another thing all together. They can't trade past #3 NE if they want MH JR. AZ will run to the podium (easy now you literalists - I mean it figuratively) and put in thier pick at 4 for MH JR.  Both Washington and NE have new HCs and GMs. (I am about to agree with you here) Do either one want to start thier regime off mortgaging the next few drafts top capitol on this one player? And one that has ????s. 

The ultimate question is, is Caleb WIlliams a kings ransom better than Maye or Daniels? I do not think so at all. In fact I kind of like both better than WIlliams. And all this is assuming that Kliff K wants Caleb. He might be glad the brat is gone 🙂  He may be in love with Maye or Daniels. 

I can't wait for the draft like always. It's Xmas in April!  But even more important this year for obvious reasons. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2024 at 6:44 PM, HvyHTTR said:

Doug Williams out here with the "leaks" again. Even though its obvious that we are taking a QB at #2, the fact that he's talking about it on national television feels like he's messing up whatever leverage we have with our pick. Seems like there is always someone in that building that is trying to shoot us in the foot...giphy.gif

My guess is Doug WIlliams knows about as much about who they are planning on drafting as the average person on this board.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

No idea which current coach would do it.

image.png.a2d713ffc8b0afb9fa390cf02d6e69b6.png

I wonder how many of the nephews are out there wondering who the hell this crazy s.o.b. is lol

You have to be crazy to tell a Supreme Court Justice to lighten up before you proceed to pass out drunk underneath the table.  Redskins were a colorful bunch.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PlayAction said:

You have to be crazy to tell a Supreme Court Justice to lighten up before you proceed to pass out drunk underneath the table.  Redskins were a colorful bunch.

The story goes that a few years after that incident, O'Conner was hospitalized, and received a get well card and a dozen roses from Big John. 

And a couple years after that, when Riggins was making his theater acting debut, Riggins received a dozen roses from Justice O'Conner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

For anyone who has the time… this was a really good podcast - Parsons and Jordan Love. Enjoyed watching it. 

There’s some stuff in here about Dan Quinn’s defense (and the personnel he had to work with during that playoff game). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

For anyone who has the time… this was a really good podcast - Parsons and Jordan Love. Enjoyed watching it. 

There’s some stuff in here about Dan Quinn’s defense (and the personnel he had to work with during that playoff game). 

Really great listen.

about Aaron Jones chipping awareness. You can't teach that.

• Like 2

I gotta say, I'm not even excited about the SB. Dont give a crap who wins it either. Just want it to be over with asap. So we can go ahead and get this unfathomably long offseason started. Football ( particularly the NFL ) is by far my biggest passion. And the offseason feels like it's so long that half of us might be dead before week 1 of the 2024 season gets here. I like baseball but man it's regular season is about 6 months long, while NFL is just a measly 4 months. I wish it were reversed. I am excited about Quinn and this staff he has helped put together. I want the SB to come and go and free agency to hurry up and get here and the draft hurry up and get here! And then minicamp to arrive and so on and so forth.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Very good watch, thanks for sharing. I hate to say it, but Parsons is a likeable dude 😞

• Like 3

It's officially bluffing season my friends. They're not even doing full evaluations on the draft until this upcoming week so how the **** would Adam know if we're inclined to move up or not?

Not saying we will, but there's not a soul outside of the building who knows what we are going to do at this point. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

17 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It's officially bluffing season my friends. They're not even doing full evaluations on the draft until this upcoming week so how the **** would Adam know if we're inclined to move up or not?

Not saying we will, but there's not a soul outside of the building who knows what we are going to do at this point. 

Bears will sell at the right price.

• Thumb up 1