Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Wright doesnt matter to me one way of the other. He has no impact on players or coaching. But isnt he involved in the new stadium stuff? Would make sense if he is deeply involved in that to keep him on board I would guess?

That's a good question, hadn't thought about the stadium stuff. I'm with you though, being on the business end, his presence doesn't bother me. I trust Harris/HOG/Peters to evaluate and make the right decision. 

5 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Dan Quinn: From William & Mary to the Super Bowl

Like many in the coaching line, Dan Quinn started at the bottom, working 60-hour weeks and doing the dirty work. Even at his first stint, he showed the traits—no-nonsense grinder, quick learner, good communicator—that would eventually take him and the Falcons to the Super Bowl….

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/26/dan-quinn-falcons-coach-super-bowl-51-william-and-mary

Just a note, this article is from 2017.  It's all still true. 

And Mug Night at the Grean Leaf was ...  well, not many who ever went really remember going at all....  

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Just a note, this article is from 2017.  It's all still true. 

And Mug Night at the Grean Leaf was ...  well, not many who ever went really remember going at all....  

I knew the article was dated.  Just assumed a lot of us really didn’t know too much about his background 

• Like 1

I really liked the answer about the evolution of his defense.  That he went back and looked back from Seattle through Atlanta, and then figured out what needed to change.

I think that might be the biggest difference between Rivera: Quinn seems extremely self-reflective and willing to grow and change.  Rivera was totally a slave to what he thought was right and stick with that.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

EB gone. 

"Had a chance to talk to him today.  We're not going to be working together here."

That's a tough spot to be put in.  You get hired and then immediately get to fire everybody who remained on day 1.

Can't say his shot at running the show to drive he can be a head coach was anything less than a miserable disaster.  Now, not only is he not a head coach, he's not even an OC anymore.  But there's still a couple slots open, I guess.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really liked the answer about the evolution of his defense.  That he went back and looked back from Seattle through Atlanta, and then figured out what needed to change.

I think that might be the biggest difference between Rivera: Quinn seems extremely self-reflective and willing to grow and change.  Rivera was totally a slave to what he thought was right and stick with that.  

BB should watch this. If he wants to be a coach again, he needs to change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, profusion said:

He sort of showed up one day on ESPN out of the blue. I have no idea why I should listen to him (or any other ESPN opinion givers) rant.

The only thing I like about Smith is he hates the Cowboys as much as we do. But that's it. 

• Like 2

Just now, justice98 said:

Can't say his shot at running the show to drive he can be a head coach was anything less than a miserable disaster.  Now, not only is he not a head coach, he's not even an OC anymore.  But there's still a couple slots open, I guess.

He's going to end up either in college or back with the Chiefs for a year in some capacity.  

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

BB should watch this. If he wants to be a coach again, he needs to change. 

If BB wants to coach again, he might have to find a DeLorean time machine and get 20 years younger.  

Scouts staying the same through the draft process.  Mitch Tischler blew the opportunity to ask the question specific to Hurney.  

That's what I had said since last August, the FO minus GM was going to essentially be the same through the 2024 draft because of the calendar. 

I bet there is changeover after the draft though.

• Like 1

That was a great, and careful, answer from Peters on the scouts. Specified that no changes during *this* draft process. Left window open for new hires and future changes, but he did sound pretty cool with the current setup. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Andy decides to hang it up, EB won't have a path there.

No, he won't.  But Kelce and Mahomes both brought up he was the guy who was the yin to Reid's yang and they missed some of the discipline he brought.  

So he might end up being a special offensive assistant or something like that and work with the offense a bit for a while.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No, he won't.  But Kelce and Mahomes both brought up he was the guy who was the yin to Reid's yang and they missed some of the discipline he brought.  

So he might end up being a special offensive assistant or something like that and work with the offense a bit for a while.  

Only if KC just promotes someone currently on the staff; after meeting the Rooney rule. Kind of funny, EB would be a RR interview.   If they go outside the organization, then no.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Just tuning in and - while never put much importance on the comparisons between he and Ron - Dan is a much better communicator. They couldn't sound more different. And communication is a big part of what I think Ron did wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This has gone on a while.  

I am really surprised the media hasn't brought up anything, in a circuitous way, about Ben Johnson and Macdonald.  They're not going to ask directly, but I'm surprised they haven't even probed the subject.  You'd think that would be part of their job.  

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yes!

An article SIP posted  earlier said DQ actually paid for and hired a sports consulting firm to evaluate his tenure at Atlanta and make recommendations on how he could improve if he got another chance.

Quinn is determined to do whatever he can to be successful in his second act.

I'm becoming more and more impressed with this hire by the hour. 

Maybe in a few years we'll look back and say the best thing that happened to us was the double whammy of Johnson withdrawing as a candidate and Macdonald pricing himself out level. comfort level.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

The more I hear about EB in KC it just sounds like he was some kind of guru figure for the offense, whatever else, at least on game day, seemed marginal. Maybe they should create a new title and bring him back.