Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

I do think there’s a ton of smoke / coincidence building here…

• We hire the GM candidate who was willing to give away major assets to trade up for Trey Lance. He was reportedly enamored with Lance as a prospect.
  • Ben Johnson (a perfect fit for Drake Maye) puts out his spin saying Washington’s ownership is full of basketball guys who basically think they’re smarter than they are. Did we indicate we weren’t high on Maye and was that what truly changed Johnson’s mind about coming here?
  • Caleb’s team puts out additional smoke they don’t want him to play in Chicago 
  • Kingsbury backs out of his agreement with the Raiders for a chance to come here
  • We hire Kingsbury, which is self-explanatory 

I don’t know.  A lot of this is just based on speculation, but I would now be a lot less shocked if we traded up to #1 than I would have been even a few days ago. 

I live like 10 miles from USC and have watched a ton of Caleb Williams games but I've been avoiding a thorough film dive because I didn't seriously think we were going to move up for him.

I'm changing that tonight LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

I don't know anything about this Raiders guy but he says that the reasons KK left their team was because he wanted a 3 yr deal and was only offerred two, not enough bucks and because he really wants to coach Williams. 

I sure hope Washington didn't promise to do whatever it takes go draft Williams in order for  him to take the job. Other than that I could see the money and 3 year deal being no problem for Washington.

The Raiders are now apparently looking at EB as their OC to replace Kingsbury.

This DJ voice podcast wannabe is right about the 2 year deal but it is all speculation about Williams.  Unfortunately, everyone will wait until when trades can occur or during the draft to find this out.  A lot of speculation about Williams to DC and I don't think happening.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It's not up to any of us, but I personally think Jayden Daniels is the guy. He has immense talent, is very capable of running Kingsbury's offense and (probably) won't require any extra draft capital. 

I'm also a firm believer in momentum. He is riding a high right now coming off his best year as a passer and I think it's important to use that confidence as fuel to drive him in his first year under Kingsbury.

I think it was Keim who I heard say he thought Daniels was the best of the three and could be capable of almost other worldly type play. He also pointed out that in his opinion, his style of play left him more likely to get injured however. Made me think of Joe Burrows.  

• Like 1

We're getting a bit of an unknown here too that is being a little overlooked. 

Kingsbury has only been an offensive coordinator once for one year over 10 years ago and in college. 

We all know it's not at all uncommon for someone who's brilliant on x's and o's to have their own unit struggle when they become a head coach and then go right back to dominant when they go back to a coordinator position. 

Dan quinn is a prime example of this.

Kingsbury could be more effective now that he only has to focus on the offense and that is one of the things that has me excited about this hire.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Myth: Air-Raid Running Backs Are Useless

Reality: Actually, if you're not versatile in the Air Raid and you're a running back then you are useless. The back becomes a receiver or blocker even more often than in a conventional attack. They can split out to a wide receiver spot or run routes out of the backfield

This is good news for Robinson and Gibson - especially Gibson. Always thought he wasn't used right under Bienieturner.

• Like 2

Just now, Stoox said:

Thinking that Kris Richard could be hired as DB coach. He was with Quinn in Seattle and helped build the Legion of Boom.

Him or Al Harris would be phenomenal

Just now, FootballZombie said:

If he is cool w/ a McKissic deal to come back I'd love to do it.

Gibby in Air Raid? Yes plz

I dont think gibby will be re-signed. Likely looking at low cost FA or late round draft pick to fill his spot. His injury history likely precludes him from being someone to be thought of as a reliable option anymore.

• Like 6

Just now, profusion said:

A bit of commonality between Quinn and Kingsbury: talented, experienced guys who have a lot to prove. No training wheels needed here.

The risk, of course, is a repeat of their past performances as HCs.

But we have an excellent grocery shopper in Adam Peters, ladies and gentlemen!  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Him or Al Harris would be phenomenal

I dont think gibby will be re-signed. Likely looking at low cost FA or late round draft pick to fill his spot. His injury history likely precludes him from being someone to be thought of as a reliable option anymore.

Yes. Time to get rid of Gibson. He’s burned out. It’s been real.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I like everything about Peters, so far. 

DQ clearly wasn't expecting anyone to be there when he got off his flight.

Adam and his wife  are there waiting to greet them as soon as they step on the tarmac.

That's cool and that's classy-- two things I haven't said about this organization in a very long time.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 16
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

42 minutes ago, Black Market Bully said:

We aren’t taking your cousin, Drake. Kingsbury + Daniels moves the needle. Maye will be lucky to get picked top 5. Thankfully, it won’t be this franchise.

Let me just get this straight. 

As an insult, you called me Drake Maye’s cousin. 

Whose name is also Drake. 

um, clever…

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, profusion said:

A bit of commonality between Quinn and Kingsbury: talented, experienced guys who have a lot to prove. No training wheels needed here.

The risk, of course, is a repeat of their past performances as HCs.

quinn's decline coincided with his requests that were granted in Atlanta for more power

if he strictly sticks to being a head coach he should be fine

• Like 1

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

Adam and his wife  are there waiting to greet them as soon as they step tarmac.

That's cool and that's classy-- two things I haven't said about this organization in a long time.

Exactly.  I played Family Affair theme but, in all seriousness, it's like family to me. I heard that Peters was very personable, and it has already showed!  Wow!  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

I don't know anything about this Raiders guy but he says that the reasons KK left their team was because he wanted a 3 yr deal and was only offerred two, not enough bucks and because he really wants to coach Williams. 

I sure hope Washington didn't promise to do whatever it takes go draft Williams in order for  him to take the job. Other than that I could see the money and 3 year deal being no problem for Washington.

The Raiders are now apparently looking at EB as their OC to replace Kingsbury.

The Raiders hired an OC yesterday after Kliff fell through. Maybe you meant waterboy for EB? 

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Adam and his wife  are there waiting to greet them as soon as they step on the tarmac.

That's cool and that's classy-- two things I haven't said about this organization in a long time.

#basketballpeople

If were remotely successful this year I hope we make that a thing

Excited about the KK hire. Hes great with QBs and can run an exciting offense.

• Like 2