Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, sinews said:

I guess I don't see why "Ben Johnson had a standing offer from the Commanders" couldn't also be a "save face" story from the other side, especially considering that it came out of Seattle that his first interview went poorly, or was lacking (or is that also a false story?). 

The Ben Johnson thing is already a boring and tired discussion but I think we can add a degree of paranoia to the PTSD traits this fanbase has developed. 

Okay can we stop pretending like it’s impossible that Ben Johnson received some kind of monetary feeler? 

Or that every reaction to everything is 100 copium or PTSD?

And can we forget Ben Johnson exists? 

I’m asking a lot here. I realized this halfway through this post. But I’ve committed.

Also, @BatteredFanSyndrome, why haven’t you accepted my OC offer yet? 

Crap. I said offer… people are going to talk…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

\

Kind of a dumb argument... "there are no reports that an offer was made, because no one would admin to it"   well... there are no reports that no offer was made so it must be false.  

Here is one...

nobody here know anything about what's actually transpired, we're all guessing based on crumbs we can find on the internet. Then there are 'save face' stories written specifically to cover FO behinds so they dont look bad, so please dont be so naive as to think that any story written post fact by team paid reporters is absolutely true. You can choose to believe whatever you want.

my incredible pessimistic view has been mostly right the last 30y with horrible ownership and coaching. I can smell crap from a 100 miles away at this point. You should change your name to Stockholm_Syndrome... "hey we have a new owner! so he is going to be awesome by default" 

So what is the detail of this particular allegation?  Commanders had a standing offer since when?  Prior to Sunday evening violates the league hiring policy.  Prior to Monday after their interview with Weaver violates the Rooney Rule.  So either Commanders flagrantly violated league hiring rules or the standing offer was from Monday to Tuesday morning?  This is the stupid allegation you want to peddle?  Seriously?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Okay can we stop pretending like it’s impossible that Ben Johnson received some kind of monetary feeler? 

Or that every reaction to everything is 100 copium or PTSD?

And can we forget Ben Johnson exists? 

I’m asking a lot here. I realized this halfway through this post. But I’ve committed.

Also, @BatteredFanSyndrome, why haven’t you accepted my OC offer yet? 

Crap. I said offer… people are going to talk…

image.gif.6957fb1d5e3bf617f7ba5beecb997283.gif

this applies to those not named Harry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Panic. Chip Kelly. Dan Quinn okay. Parsons like Quinn. Panic. People upset about people panic. And pancakes.

People pretending that they didn't know who Taylor Swift was before she started dating the Chiefs TE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, spjunkies said:

People pretending that they didn't know who Taylor Swift was before she started dating the Chiefs TE.

Okay but who is the weird dude that Taylor Swift is dating?

• Like 1

Not to belabor the Ben Johnson post-mortem but Mike Garafolo was on Seattle radio and basically said Johnson was Adam Peters' guy, but the other big 3 (Spielman, Bob Myers, Harris) weren't as convinced - especially after the Zoom interview - and Garafolo thinks Johnson wasn't going to get the gig anyway so he withdrew (and infuriated the Commies org, with whom he likely burned a bridge).

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Sorry fellas, the Detroit Lions Podcast is not a reputable sources, at least not any more reputable than Keim and others who are saying the opposite (and really, it’s less reputable).

It’s the Lions beat writer being interviewed on the podcast. Thanks for playing. 

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Not to belabor the Ben Johnson post-mortem but Mike Garafolo was on Seattle radio and basically said Johnson was Adam Peters' guy, but the other big 3 (Spielman, Bob Myers, Harris) weren't as convinced - especially after the Zoom interview - and Garafolo thinks Johnson wasn't going to get the gig anyway so he withdrew (and infuriated the Commies org, with whom he likely burned a bridge).

First off,

I thought your sentence said, “the big three: Spider-Man…” and I had to go back and read it because I thought that would have been awesome. But it doesn’t say that. So you get no credit. 

Also, I am going to start giving the guy you reference here the same treatment that I give [REDACTED].

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Keim and Schefter need to tow the company line to continue to get scoops and access. 

If Keim and Schefter just regurgitate what they are fed by official ‘sources’ they wouldn’t have got the gigs they have now and they wouldn’t keep them long if they started ‘towing the company line’ either. 

I have no doubt we talked to the agents of Johnson and MacDonald to discuss the parameters of what a deal would need to look like. We would have been doing that with Quinn as well.

I think that’s getting misinterpreted as ‘we made offers of the job’. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Man, Baltimore’s defensive staff is gutted. 

Good for Weaver, I like the cut of his jib. Expect to see him as a HC somewhere before too long. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s the Lions beat writer being interviewed on the podcast. Thanks for playing. 

You are welcome.  I’m glad that my contributions are appreciated.

Well, I think that Ben Johnson, Jeff Risdon, and Eminem are all rubbish, so I think that settles it.

• Haha 1

Just now, MartinC said:

If Keim and Schefter just regurgitate what they are fed by official ‘sources’ they wouldn’t have got the gigs they have now and they wouldn’t keep them long if they started ‘towing the company line’ either. 

I have no doubt we talked to the agents of Johnson and MacDonald to discuss the parameters of what a deal would need to look like. We would have been doing that with Quinn as well.

I think that’s getting misinterpreted as ‘we made offers of the job’. 

Schefter literally called Bruce Allen his “editor”.

There is zero benefit to making a team look bad in a situation like this. The jilted side comes up with their own story to make themselves look better and face saving fictional narrative is put out there. The guy on the lions podcast is a legitimate journalist and cites confirmed sources that there was a standing offer and the dollar amount exceeded what Dan Campbell made.

I know most don’t like Florio but he calls out Schefter for his Brian Johnson reporting as well:

https://nypost.com/2024/02/01/sports/mike-florio-rips-adam-schefters-irresponsible-ben-johnson-reporting/amp/

Regardless, I have been done with whole Ben Johnson thing anyway. Quinn is our guy and that’s that. However, I don’t appreciate being called out by other posters so I responded to set the record straight. 

• Thumb up 1

Sorry if I'm late to the party, but is there any word on whether or not Quinn's hire of his former DB coach in Dallas is official or still just a rumor at this point? 

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on Twitter/internet.

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

Sorry if I'm late to the party, but is there any word on whether or not Quinn's hire of his former DB coach in Dallas is official or still just a rumor at this point? 

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on Twitter/internet.

nothing official. just the same reporters trying to post stuff first

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

When @Skinsinparadise was posting those excerpts of Logan Paulsen gushing about Quinn, I almost posted that the cynical side of me felt he was angling for a job on his staff if he got hired. I ultimately didn't because it was unnecessarily speculative in kind of a negative way.

Anyway then today I see this Tweet from JP and think of ****ing course lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

When @Skinsinparadise was posting those excerpts of Logan Paulsen gushing about Quinn, I almost posted that the cynical side of me felt he was angling for a job on his staff if he got hired. I ultimately didn't because it was unnecessarily speculative in kind of a negative way.

Anyway then today I see this Tweet from JP and think of ****ing course lol.

Trust your instincts. Give into your cynicism.

IMG_0282.gif.1f6529927f11eebce011f20de7c35e31.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Trust your instincts. Give into your cynicism.

IMG_0282.gif.1f6529927f11eebce011f20de7c35e31.gif

Going into business for myself has made me plenty cynical 😅

I tried to fight my gut and be more charitable and look what happens!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If teams don't give out handshake agreements before they can technically hand someone the job how can we be confident in Kubiak going to the Saints?

Wouldn't that be "super illegal"?

yeah right? I thought it weird we seem to be conceding

Mabye ben johnson made us hate ourselves again and nobody wants to come here because

f26b1810-c1eb-4199-8a27-9f1a616f7838_text.gif.58e3c524fa233978c8e893912c823b8f.gif

Edited by dunfer
  • Haha 1