Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Fixing Defense Dan Quinn’s Priority

Nobody’s about to forget about the glaring hole at quarterback, but Quinn’s first task should be getting an under-performing Commanders’ defense up to scratch.

It shouldn’t be a problem for a coach who oversaw a Cowboys unit ranked 5th in points and yards in 2023. More than the rankings, Quinn’s defenses in Dallas were exciting sources of splash plays.

His units topped the NFL in turnovers, defensive touchdowns and points from takeaways, per ESPN’s Ed Werder.

This big-play capability is a far cry from the dull fare served up by Quinn’s predecessor Ron Rivera and his former DC Jack Del Rio.

https://heavy.com/sports/washington-commanders/dan-quinn-cowboys-joe-whitt-defensive-coordinator/

33 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

The 1991 Redskins were about as balanced as a team could get - 1st in PF, 2nd in PA, 4th in yards for (I'd wager because we got a lot of turnovers giving us short fields), 3rd in yards against, 3rd in turnovers for and against, and we thoroughly beat a Buffalo team with HOFers or HOFer candidates on both sides of the ball.

With all due respect, and thanks for posting this, the 1991 Redskins CRUSHED the much ballyhooed, smack-talking Bills in Super Bowl XXVI. Outclassed them in every area of football. That 91 team is one of the top teams in NFL history, totally dominant season.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I would still interview EB for 2 reasons. 

1. Respect

2. Find out which Pansies I’m trading or cutting who do not deal well with hard coaching. 

They already interviewed him

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That’s such a story, that when the only guy reporting it is a local - it feels fabricated to sway public perception.  I won’t believe that until it’s confirmed and with more color from a more reputable source.

Keim's local and people treat his word as gospel. I'm not saying this guy is Keim - I'd never heard of him prior to seeing that tweet - but sometimes stories are covered locally that don't break nationally for prob a variety of reasons.

In any case, moving on from that whole situation and focused on DQ and his staff! Seems like Whitt is good hire and hoping for Kubiak after the SB at OC.

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Keim's local and people treat his word as gospel. I'm not saying this guy is Keim - I'd never heard of him prior to seeing that tweet - but sometimes stories are covered locally that don't break nationally for prob a variety of reasons.

In any case, moving on from that whole situation and focused on DQ and his staff! Seems like Whitt is good hire and hoping for Kubiak after the SB at OC.

Keim is with ESPN. The opposite of local, even though the Commanders are his beat.

Just now, CapsSkins said:

My only point was that’s a story you’d see picked up by some of the major guys.

7 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Kubiak or Bevell (who I think is doing a good job with Tua and Miami's offense as passing game coordinator and QB coach)

With you 100%. I might actually prefer Bevell. Because has had a lot of time picking Mike McDaniels brain. That brain is special AF.

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My only point was that’s a story you’d see picked up by some of the major guys.

Between that guy and BMitch, I'm pretty sure at minimum Johnson was lead horse w/ $ and in-person interview as the two boxes to check and that's where things fell apart. But all under the bridge now! 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

With you 100%. I might actually prefer Bevell. Because has had a lot of time picking Mike McDaniels brain. That brain is special AF.

Have you seen any of the Hard Knocks episodes?? The dude is quirky as hell but damn he's a offensive genius 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

Seem Joe Whitt is the new DC. Coached secondary and defensive passing game coordinator at Dallas under Quinn - but was with McCarthy at Green Bay before coming to Dallas.

Hopefully he can turn Forbes around. Plus the Cowboys are now officially whitless! 😂 

• Haha 2