Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

The "AFC Coach" left out "...of the remaining candidates since everyone else was already hired."

Pretty sure that text was right after Rivera got fired.  It's been floating around for a while

• Like 1

I am happy with Quinn.  Suggested him a few weeks ago.  I figure that in the next few years I can say Nanny, Nanny, Boo, Boo to a few people or they can say it to me.  I will follow for staff picks, but leaving thread for the draft.

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Over/Under until he's fired? 

2.5 years? 

3 would be a better over/under. No way they fire him in season. He will get the 3rd year. If we hit on the QB it will be a lot longer. 

Good news is that if it doesn’t work out the chances for a rebrand are exponentially higher. They would throw the fans a bone to keep them interested.

• Like 1

If Quinn were hired by Snyder then I'd understand the frustration and disappointment much more. Then it would be the same old, same old. But success starts at the top, and for the first time in decades we have a committed owner who isn't a petulant man child and a real rising star GM. 

This is not the same, it just appears that way from the outside, and at the outset. We'll have to wait and see but I'd be willing to bet that the presence of HOG and GMAP make a fair bit of difference compared to what we've had.

Embrace the rebuild. There was not one coach on the market who could have come in and immediately turned this thing around. Harris and Peters are playing the long game and that's exactly what we need. Maybe Quinn doesn't bring success on the field, but again I'm willing to bet that the team is in a much better place by the time we know that for certain. 

Edited by sinews
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'm old enough to remember when Dan Snyder tried to hire a head coach with experience and then he read the message boards and we ended up saying hip hip hooray for a few weeks before we hired a bingo caller to call plays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s well known that fat coaches are the best coaches. Black is very slimming. Stop fat shaming people! 😂 

"I'd just like to thank SoCalSkins for all the support I might or might not otherwise be getting from the girdle under this sexy black tux"

image.thumb.png.d71c98c48817c4937d849d7796c46f45.png

• Haha 3

These responses are laughable with no self-awareness.

Quinn is known as a team/culture builder for a team looking to rebuild. MAYBE he has a ceiling once you get in the playoffs.

But where do you think this team is at right now?!? Hint F'n Hint... we have the 2nd pick in the draft for a reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, pcbothwel said:

These responses are laughable with no self-awareness.

Quinn is known as a team/culture builder for a team looking to rebuild. MAYBE he has a ceiling once you get in the playoffs.

But where do you think this team is at right now?!? Hint F'n Hint... we have the 2nd pick in the draft for a reason. 

Hmmmmms sounds familiar....

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, profusion said:

This is 98% about roster construction, and Quinn isn't the final or sole voice on that.

Belichick isn't in the HOF without Brady. Kid Shanahan isn't in the SB next week with Trey Lance or Jimmy G. Reid is still the "lovable loser" he was in Philly without Mahomes. And it's not just QBs, either. Dungy and Payton probably have several more rings if the rest of the Colts' roster had been better.

There are just too many moving parts involved to say that Quinn is "another Rivera" or that we'll get a repeat of what happened in Atlanta. 

Disappointed this post didn't get any reaction at all, but this is somewhat how I feel. 

A football team is a vast and complex ecosystem and no one element of it alone will dictate success (OK, a top talent at quarterback covers a multitude of failings elsewhere, that much we've seen).

If Quinn puts together a top staff and Peters stacks the roster with talent over the next few seasons, then winning seasons will come. Maybe Quinn doesn't give the team that edge to beat the other big contenders. Maybe he's learned valuable lessons since Atlanta and is a better version of himself. Who knows?

What he does bring is the maturity and experience to see a franchise in transition through its first years under new ownership. If he doesn't succeed? Well, hopefully by then the team will have the promise of better facilities and a better stadium with which to lure candidates. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

Over the past three seasons, Quinn’s work in Dallas has been outstanding. Using the DVOA metric from FTN, here’s where the Cowboys finished in total defensive DVOA:

• 2021: 4th

• 2022: 4th

• 2023: 5th

The DVOA metric is arguably the best tool available at measuring a defense’s effectiveness. Link

And also fell apart in the playoffs against elite offenses when it counted most.  😒

• Like 1

Just now, sinews said:

If Quinn were hired by Snyder then I'd understand the frustration and disappointment much more. Then it would be the same old, same old. But success starts at the top, and for the first time in decades we have a committed owner who isn't a petulant man child and a real rising star GM. 

This is not the same, it just appears that way from the outside, and at the outset. We'll have to wait and see but I'd be willing to bet that the presence of HOG and GMAP make a fair bit of difference compared to what we've had.

Embrace the rebuild. There was not one coach on the market who could have come in and immediately turned this thing around. Harris and Peters are playing the long game and that's exactly what we need. Maybe Quinn doesn't bring success on the field, but again I'm willing to bet that the team is in a much better place by that time. 

Quinn would 100% accept an offer from Dan. Peters would never even have taken a meeting with Dan. GMs last a lot longer than coaches.

Joe Gibbs wasn’t Bobby Beathard’s first coach. Jack Pardee was who was a retread from Chicago and former player here. He lasted 3 years and Joe Gibbs was the next hire. 

Worst case Quinn is a bridge coach. Let’s let it play out and see what happens. If we have the next Beathard, he will eventually get his Gibbs. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Stop. No it’s not. Quinn has been a top candidate from the start. Some people just needs to relax.

Exactly.  He just wasn't at the top of the list the fan base put together....  lol

Yesterday many fans were upset that Adam Peters wasn't freaking out at the senior bowl and dared smile.  lol.  The decision was likely made a couple days ago and they've been working out the details.  Some how Peters was a GOD and the most amazing hire ever two weeks ago but some how he (and ownership) are now idiots for hiring they guy they deemed the best fit.

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Interesting, because according to Dallas reporting via multiple team sources, Whitt is the leading candidate to replace Quinn there as DC.  So I guess if he's coming here, it's as Quinn's DC.