Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

18 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Why didn't Frank Smith get even a sniff from us or anyone else?

Prior to the end if the season he was on my short list of top candidates but it seems like no one was interested once the interviews began.

I definitely think he deserves an interview at the very least.  He's had top 6 offenses the last three years at LAC (run-game coordinator in 2021) and MIA (OC in 2022/2023).

The only issue is he hasn't been a team's actual #1 clear-cut play caller yet, which works against him similar to Bienemy when he was in KC.  We also don't know much about his leadership ability.

But again, definitely think it's worth it to bring him in for an interview at this point.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Schefter just said on NFL Live that Commanders can take their time to regroup if they want, continue evaluations, maybe look at anyone else out there and then make a decision.

Buckle up buttercups!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As long as we are coming up with fun and outlandish theories, lets swing a deal for Mike Tomlin. His contract has expired, and he is waiting a new deal. Maybe those negotiations hit a snag and the Commanders swoop in. I'm guessing Pittsburgh would want some compensation (although not sure how that would work, given his contract has expired).That is one retread i would not mind having!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Schefter just said on NFL Live that Commanders can take their time to regroup if they want, continue evaluations, maybe look at anyone else out there and then make a decision.

Buckle up buttercups!

They were definitely selling Vrabel hard weren't they......I'm not so sure Quinn is a done deal 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Something feels very off that there hasnt been any announcement yet. Either they are in complete panic mode as No One wants to come here or they are about to shock us all with someone fantastic that no one has even thought about. 

I thought I heard someone say that Adam Peters was on his way to the Senior bowl to observe things, and talent evaluate? 

2 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

They were definitely selling Vrabel hard weren't they......I'm not so sure Quinn is a done deal 

Yeah, one interesting thing Schefter said at the beginning of the show was they "aren't quite comfortable" yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xxprodigyxx said:

to be fair that's a chicken or the egg. if, after seattle interviewed macdonald the first time, they hired quinn, i could say "if macdonald was the coach we thought he was, seattle woulda hired him."

Lots of bad chicken near Salisbury State. You can smell if from inside your car.

47 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Literally anyone else besides Quinn or Belichick.....

Ok, I don't disagree with that -- more in regards to Belichick.

I wanted one of the young/sexy candidates like most, but, WTF do I know.  What's left is left -- gotta trust the new regime makes a good choice.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Yeah, one interesting thing Schefter said at the beginning of the show was they "aren't quite comfortable" yet.

Yeah I might just be wishful thinking here but I'm starting to get a feeling that something out of the blue is going to pop up........We all know Schefter is pretty well connected too

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Regrouping would be the dumbest thing. Weaver is obviously going to be offered DC at Ravens and Seattle. More position coaches will be hired.

He can still be hired as a head coach.  

• Like 1

The worst part about all this for me is that I feel now like we've already botched things.  That we've already struck out.  We're the last team without a HC, now left to sift through the leftovers.  This feels very much like some old, same old.  I'm not sure I can be convinced by ownership that we "Got our guy" after all that has happened.  That dog won't hunt.

To be clear, I'm NOT saying things are doomed and won't work out...just that it really does feel that way to me right now.   And after all the coaches and wasted years gone by, that's the last thing I wanted to feel so soon after getting a new owner.

I don't believe in Quinn.  Sorry.  Even as a DC, he couldn't devise a defense that could even compete well against offenses under the Shanny umbrella.  He got destroyed by SF and then again by GB in the playoffs.  All I can say is he better get an OC that's equal or better than Kyle because our D won't be able to stand up to that in the playoffs.  We'll need the best damn OC in the league to carry the weight.  

I can't begin to express how desperately I hope to be proven wrong.  But I'm expecting a new HC search in the next 4-5 years now.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1