Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Hmmm...

There was a report yesterday that Ben Johnson wanted a 6 year deal (like the one Tepper gave Canales) but we held firm on a 4 year deal.

I wonder if we made a 4 yr offer to Macdonald and he went to Seattle when they upoed their commitmentto six years?

Sounds like a good move not to give out a 6 year deal to an unproven 1st year head coach. McDonald has Geno Smith to work with. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

From another forum:

"As a bitter Ravens fan, I'll offer this: he did slightly give me Brandon Staley 2.0 vibes. He has a meek, bland personality that I never thought would be a great leader of men.

He's definitely good at mixing coverages. I'm not sure how much credit he should get for the front 7 and the pass rush because Anthony Weaver and Chuck Smith are doing great work there. MacDonald basically dials up pass defenses and allows space to run the ball because Roquan cleans up any mess between the tackles. MacDonald's defenses got much better after the Roquan trade, but Roquan is an All Pro and Seattle doesn't have that kind of off-ball LB. He will have to focus much more controlling running lanes on 1st and 2nd down with Seattle than with Baltimore.

Lastly, the Ravens have built up an infrastructure that has given them good to great defense for the past 25 years (only below average defenses in regular season came during injury decimated years (such as 2015, 2021). This includes draft, development, talent eval, and coaching. I guess it remains to be seen how much MacDonald benefited from that or if he is capable of creating that infrastructure in Seattle."

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

He sucks. His team fell apart when the Shanahan left. 

(and I don’t want a defensive minded head coach)

They went to the playoffs the year after Shanahan left.  

He turned around the worst defense in the league to one of the best in one year.  

Matt Ryan got old and the next coach couldn’t win with him either. 

Im not saying it would have been my choice, but I think the hate is a bit over the top.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

You know something. I'd definitely consider Pete Carroll for 2 or 3 years over some of these other options.

Yup.  I’d take Pete over Quinn.  I’d rather get Belichek over retread Quinn.  Still have no idea why we aren’t even interviewing him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I hear you, I really do. But if we’re saying Quinn is the know quantity here and that’s a reason to hire him, well we know that Quinn was a .500 HC, so why would anyone want to hire that if that’s the known? In that scenario people would prefer the unknown because there’s potential for it to have higher upside. 

I’ve noticed folk are rightly quick to point to the leadership quotes by Adam Peters, but didn’t Harris himself say he can easily get us back to middle of the road obscurity but that’s not how he wants to build this? Hiring one of, if not the most .500 HC in recent times is just plain odd.

I do respect those that are ok with Quinn, but I honestly just can’t wrap my head around playing it that safe it’s bizarre to me.

Becuse people aren't defined by their record alone.  And its not exactly a train wreck either.  2 winning records.  3 medocre records. And a SB appearance.  and a bad start to his last season.  Not exactly a disaster.   He did this with the mighty Falcons an NFL powehouse :ols:

Pete Carroll was a 500 coach with NE-Jets.  2nd stint he was great.   Quinn did better than Carrol did in his first stint.   

I am a Yankee fan and when they hired Torre, yawn, his W-L record was nothing to be excited about. 

It would be one thing is this fan base echoes the league.  Everyone else thought Quinn was a mediocre joke.  But its been the opposite of that.  I recognized this for weeks even when campaigning AGAINST Quinn.

But I don't think Bob Myers, Peters, etc are dummies.  So if they hire Quinn maybe the players and people who actually know Quinn are right and all us people who don't know Quinn are wrong.  It's possible isn't it? :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Honestly I don’t think we will hire soon. Feel like we will interview maybe 1 or 2 coaches ( Vrabel) and take our time . We are the last team that needs a coach and I feel like Peters is smart enough to take his time at this point . 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Wow....look at these sky is falling posts.

Snyder really did a number on this fanbase......

Seems like the "witch" ain't dead to them ;)

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Whoever we get will get a fair shot from me. I’ll be critical along the way, but the coach will get 3-4 years without me saying we need to move on and it was a dumb hire.

i believe in second chances as long as things weren’t flaming shirtballs at the last stop. 

so, no urban meyers or Josh McDaniel a hcs 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No. Biennemy is the Zorn hire 

No. EB has experience and a track record. His downfall was being the OC for a team with no OLine for one season. Zorn was the unexpected, has this guy done anything anywhere to merit a head coaching job? That’s Weaver. 

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

@Skinsinparadise I just wonder if Harris looks at all the fan feedback and is scared to announce Quinn or whoever.  Just seems strange.  I don't know.  We have to wait until the package is delivered.  It still on the Fedex truck.  LOL

Don't know.

But people who are obsessed with numbers will turn on Quinn and Weaver too once they start digesting them.  :ols: 

So I don't think they can win with some.  It is what it is. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Such a disconnect on Quinn between players and the league versus the fanbase. Guess we'll find out who is right if he's the hire, should be interesting. I do have to think, however, that some of these players and colleagues hype up guys like Quinn because they're friends and want to do them a solid. I never know how much stock to put into those comments. I'm sure it's somewhere in between. 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

No. EB has experience and a track record. His downfall was being the OC for a team with no OLine for one season. Zorn was the unexpected, has this guy done anything anywhere to merit a head coaching job? That’s Weaver. 

Eh you’re right. 

10 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

We don't, but the league does.

The hottest candidates have been plucked by seasoned teams and veteran owners who interviewed the same people we did and were interested in the same people we were interested in. Painting it like none of these candidates matched our needs is absurd. Unless I'm mistaken, Seattle had the same needs as ours because they interviewed the same people, confirming the legitimacy and value of the candidates that you're implying didn't match our needs.

Multiple insiders types have hyped Dan Quinn as one of the hottest candidates.  The fan base doesn't accept that.  But its true.  So if we are going with the "league" we should be more than jazzed if its Quinn. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

I hope that’s not the case. If so, it would be a very petty reason not to at least interview the guy.

I mean it's not petty when the talk of alignment of Owner-GM-Coach has been talked about as very important. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know.

But people who are obsessed with numbers will turn on Quinn and Weaver too once they start digesting them.  :ols: 

So I don't think they can win with some.  It is what it is. 

Nailed it.  Peters getting gems in the mid to late rounds and if Quinn is leader and HC over this team and we start winning, the TONE completely changes, doesn't it?  :ols:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just read a long article on the Athletic about the Jets.

Saleh is a good X's and O's guy.  But this showcases again how play calling isn't everything as to being a HC.  You need to manage people and situations.

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 12.03.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 12.03.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 12.04.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 12.04.57 PM.png

If Jets flame out, the coaching staff is gone. Aaron probably cut or retires. Can’t see any coach wanting to deal with that and just start over.