Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Conn said:

Slowik was obviously at the very bottom of our list despite Adam Peters knowing him the best. He wasn’t in the running for any job and nobody wanted him. That’s why he’s staying with Houston. He got zero job offers. 

Exactly. Slowik isn't turning down head coaching jobs to stay in Houston. He's not getting head coaching jobs so he is staying in Houston (albeit with a raise).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not bothered by one loss. Everyone has clunky bad games. Remember McVay's last game as OC here?

He's not a bad candidate. He's just kinda...meh.

This will be like hiring Ron Rivera back if we choose Quinn.  I am extremely discouraged right now.  

Just now, RWJ said:

Happy for you Seattle.  John Schieder, you made a great hire.  

**** SEATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Maybe we've been telling candidates we're going to trade entirely out of the first round with our #2 pick. 😂

Make it make sense.

Or maybe coaching candidates don't give as much of a **** about a #2 pick as we do.  Or as we think they should.

• Like 1

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Do we have any further interviews lined up? If not then surely if they wanted Quinn they’d have already pulled the trigger by now?!

If they wanted Quinn so badly, why wait so long to hire him? We couldn't have sewn it up a while ago. 

This smacks of the FO not being prepared and now settling for leftover candidates.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

This will be like hiring Ron Rivera back if we choose Quinn.  I am extremely discouraged right now.  

You're making an overarching and lazy comparison.  Dan Quinn is not RR.  He will not have full power like RR.  He will be the HC only (if hired) and that is it.  

Edited by Probos
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Not really sure this is the right attitude to have, I think two things can be true here. You can

1. Be excited about Adam Peters future with this organisation

2. Think he’s making a mistake by hiring a candidate you don’t particularly like

But if Peters likes the candidate, that's all that matters. 

Just now, Probos said:

You're making an overarching and lazy comparison.  Dan Quinn is not RR.  I will not have full power like RR.  He will be the HC (if hired) and that is it.  

Is that you Dan Quinn?  

• Haha 3

Just now, bird_1972 said:

If they wanted Quinn so badly, why wait so long to hire him? We couldn't have sewn it up a while ago. 

This smacks of the FO not being prepared and now settling for leftover candidates.

Or they have yet to be blown away by any of the interviewed candidates....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Texted with somebody that knows Ravens AHC Anthony Weaver well and described him as, “one of the best people I've ever met in my life.”

JP should know better than to text a candidate's mother.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

They didn't, but everyone seems to be in damage control here. Quinn would be a garbage hire.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, bird_1972 said:

Why wait if Quinn was the guy? What are we waiting for? For all of the coordinator candidates to go off the board, too?

That is the 64K question I have asked several times.  There seems to be some issues with this FO/Advisory team or no one wants to coach here.  

I don't think there is a "guy." We cast a wide net and are gathering as much intel as possible. Plans shifted a bit after Johnson cancelled yesterday. I think the plan was to always announce a coach sometime this week around today or tomorrow.

Just now, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Or they have yet to be blown away by any of the interviewed candidates....

Ok - but you have who you have .... unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of an unlimited pool of experienced candidates. You know who your candidates are going in and you have to attack. 

Was impressed that they did so with the GM hire but seemed totally unprepared for what to do with HC once their (presumed) top candidate was off the board.

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

That is the 64K question I have asked several times.  There seems to be some issues with this FO/Advisory team or no one wants to coach here.  

I think we thought we were hottest chick in town and turned out to be around 4th. Now Harbaugh, Macdonald are gone and Johnson rather stay in for the night.