Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I am guilty of getting caught up in the Johnson hype.  Macdonald is basically the defensive version of him, as far as fielding an impressive unit.

These sentences are a thing of internet comedy beauty. Good job!

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

hen he has to avoid homeless encampments, hypodermic syringes on the street... you hear that, Mike MacDonald?!?!? Please don't go!!!!! You're our only hope from Quinn....

Bro, have you been to Baltimore? 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I've spent many years around Seattle and the puget sound region. The rain is real but still greatly exaggerated. It's a beautiful and fantastic city and great area. Home to many major corporations. Great parks for many miles around. Great arts and music scene. Great sports scene. It's a continuously prosperous and diverse state.

The whole of western Washington and northwest part of Oregon are fantastic places for scenery, great towns, fantastic coastline and all the outdoors activities you could ask for. The rain is a thing, but not anything close to a deal breaker for any reasonable human. The Summers are not two months long.

Also, there has been plenty of stupid in this thread of more types in the last 24 hours than in quite awhile. How about getting a grip? 

No. The stupidity will continue until this chaos ends.

Edited by Professor_Nutter_Butter
  • Haha 1

As for Weaver, he's mostly been a D line coach.  Just one season as a D coordinator which didn't go too well.

I am digesting still.  Definitely comes off like a good dude but not ready to land with a take yet

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-to-interview-anthony-weaver-for-defensive-coordinator-position

In his one season coordinating the defense in Houston the Texans allowed 375.2 yards per game, which ranked the Texans 20th in the NFL that season. But the Texans allowed 6.39 yards per play defensively, which ranked last in the NFL and also allowed the most points in the NFL that season (29) — Houston ranked second against the run, allowing just 91.6 rushing yards per game.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

<snip>

Also, there has been plenty of stupid in this thread of more types in the last 24 hours than in quite awhile. How about getting a grip? 

It feels like a drawn out gameday thread and we just went into overtime.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

This is what I have been struggling to find the correct words to express. 

It is very possible we do not hire the next 5 time Superbowl winning HC this time around. The future for this organization is more than just this hire, though. Its more than just either winning the Superbowl or not. We have many many bricks to lay. This one is not only NOT foundational, but just one of the many. Have some patience and I mean more than just this decision. We are really going to have to wait years to see how this all lays out. Anyone who is actually believing otherwise is delusional and some of you are starting to sound that way. 

We were embarrassingly far away from being a professionally run organization in 2023. We are multiple steps closer now. If nothing else is accomplished this season that IMO is enough. I would hope most of you agree.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Why are we keeping Martin Mayhew? Just because Peters knows him?  What has he done these past few years?

From 2008 to 2015 he worked for the Lions and did not do squat.

You can't really overhaul a FO right now. All these guys have already done the legwork for this upcoming draft.

Now after the draft I think you'll see a bit of an overhaul.

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

You can't really overhaul a FO right now. All these guys have already done the legwork for this upcoming draft.

Now after the draft I think you'll see a bit of an overhaul.

Its also very possible that they think he has a talent that was utilized incorrectly in the previous organization. Like many people and players where. I guess we will see. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Breer just on. 

A.  Not sure so he was this slam dunk favorite for Washington as to Johnson and he heard they were doing a hard reset this week as to evaluating these coaches

B.  He heard Ben was insecure of where he was last year whether he was ready to be a HC.  He doesn't know if that insecurity kicked in and happened again

C.  Him jumping out of this again, will likely make some question him next year.  Is he ready among other things.  He agreed him pulling out at the last minute was weird

Interesting to note. If you don't know, maybe you aren't ready. Not all guys can be Art Monk, great, despite massive insecurities about one's abilities. This makes me think of Norv Turner. You get in this weird world where there's no where higher you can go, so you keep taking head coaching jobs even though you're not head coaching material. What was Norv to do? He was not remotely head coach material, he was meant to be an OC and an OC only. I'd rather avoid that again if Ben is that type of dude. Norv was 1000% that type. But some people aren't made for leader of leaders positions. It's a unique skill beyond just being a great x's and o'x guys, an innovator and all that. You can have enough leadership skills to be a position coach or a coordinator, but not enough to be the grand poo bah.

Of course it could also just be that the jobs were not what he'd want to risk his career on. Carolina and Washington were/are full and complete tear downs with the capacity to reboot with a rookie QB. Sometimes jobs open up with Preter Porter rosters that you can walk in, and turn into a champion. The Cowboys this offseason if there owners weren't idiots, maybe the Bills, maybe the Chargers. Other jobs are fixer upers like the Seahawks, some are tear downs like Carolina and Washington. Is Ben a tear down guy? Maybe? Maybe not. I just assumed he knew what he wanted and was just waiting to jump until the Lions season was wrapped.

Instead, it seems he wasn't ready, or he didnt want those opportunities, or hell, he's another Norv. We'll know soon enough. Unfortunately, though, to me, anyway, he totally screwed us. I would have been much more aggressive weeks ago if I'd known he wasn't interesting, going after Morris or Harbaugh, and then after coordinators if I couldn't get them. Now we're left with at best the third best option. Sucks. 

Titans - Brian Callahan

Pats - Jerod Mayo

Chargers - Jim Harbaugh

Raiders - Antonio Pierce

Panthers - Dave Canales

Falcons - Raheem Morris

In fairness to Harris / Peters I can’t say there’s anyone there we whiffed on by not going for. Not much you can do about Johnson as it wasn’t really an option.

The only thing so far that I’m a little disappointed about is that they’ve not brought in Vrabel for an interview, but perhaps they reached out and he wasn’t interested.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Why are we keeping Martin Mayhew? Just because Peters knows him?  What has he done these past few years?

Mayhew is on his way to the Senior Bowl. You don't just pull the plug when preparing for the draft.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is what I have been struggling to find the correct words to express. 

It is very possible we do not hire the next 5 time Superbowl winning HC this time around. The future for this organization is more than just this hire, though. Its more than just either winning the Superbowl or not. We have many many bricks to lay. This one is not only NOT foundational, but just one of the many. Have some patience and I mean more than just this decision. We are really going to have to wait years to see how this all lays out. Anyone who is actually believing otherwise is delusional and some of you are starting to sound that way. 

We were embarrassingly far away from being a professionally run organization in 2023. We are multiple steps closer now. If nothing else is accomplished this season that IMO is enough. I would hope most of you agree.  

True.  And we can't judge any hire until it plays out.  If we are trusting a regime, trust it.  Maybe those who disagree with them end up right but at a minimum they are the professionals (not us) and they are working with much more info than we are.

If someone here told me Harris invited them to do these interviews with Peters, etc, I'd feel differently but we aren't in that loop.

The other thing aside from guaging their personalities they are also hearing what these guys plan to do ti improve the team.  I gather their thoughts about the roster and how to improve it would be very relevant.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

He worked with Peters for years, and had no decision-making power here. I think Peters knows more about him and his worth than you do, if he wants him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

Are you sure you're allowed to speak on this BMITCH? I know how you're privy to things you can't speak on.

lol, yeah Mitchell isn't an insider typically but he seemed to hint yesterday that he knew with a good source that Johnson was not the favorite for the job.

3 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Titans - Brian Callahan

Pats - Jerod Mayo

Chargers - Jim Harbaugh

Raiders - Antonio Pierce

Panthers - Dave Canales

Falcons - Raheem Morris

In fairness to Harris / Peters I can’t say there’s anyone there we whiffed on by not going for. Not much you can do about Johnson as it wasn’t really an option.

The only thing so far that I’m a little disappointed about is that they’ve not brought in Vrabel for an interview, but perhaps they reached out and he wasn’t interested.

"The only thing so far that I’m a little disappointed about is that they’ve not brought in Vrabel for an interview, "

Absolutely no idea if it's true or not and I can't recall the exact source, but I either heard or read somewhere that Vrabel wants final say on coaching hires, personnel, and roster, which essentially would make his acquisition another coach centric reign of (t)error.

Can't see Harris and Peters being comfortable with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

They had a good relationship working for the 49ers, I believe Peters has a plan for Mayhew.

• Like 2