Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

9 hours ago, Jumbo said:

You'll forever be remembered for your collosal overreach on this matter. 😄

Looks like this broke down in the last 48 hours. I was wrong about it being definite, and wrong about it happening.. but you better believe that this fell apart over $ like I mentioned before the news came out can happen. Nobody was willing to pay him what he wanted that's what this is. 

My $ is on MM as long as he wants it. Can't assume anymore lol.

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

We're going to take a page from the Patriots playbook and hire Loudon Flecther to be our head coach.

I know you’re joking, and I don’t think it’s a particularly inspiring hire (and it’s a mistake to try and continue “The Patriot Way” into a new era, they needed a clean break), but their former LB had coached for them for five years lol

Fletcher is not even an NFL coach. 

9 hours ago, KDawg said:

The hits keep on coming for Hitman, here.

:ols:

in all honesty I’m betting you really do have some kind of connection but I’m guessing it’s not one directly involved. Kudos for having the courage to put it out there, and you seemed to learn the lesson on not using words like “lock” and “done deal” given your very last post on the subject. 

In other commentary:

1. I do not expect that they keep EB. But I do want to stress and reiterate that any scenario where he is kept is nightmare fuel.

2. I think we hear Slowik’s name more but if he stunk at his interview then it won’t be him.

3. I have a feeling it’s going to be Quinn. And I will be pretty unhappy with that news. If a defensive guy Weaver or Mac are interesting choices. But I’m hoping we open up the search to even more O candidates. 

4. I’m not going to join in on the “Johnson is weak!” For the guy deciding he wants to stay where he is. That’s his prerogative and choice. He handled it poorly. I won’t speculate on his reasons. 

5. :ols: 

Yep, got alerted to this a few hours before it dropped. Thought I was being trolled. I was wrong it happens, but one day news will come out how close this actually was. Cutler to WSH status.

I am sorry for those whose hopes i got up, just know it was close. 

Edited by Hitman#21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, PigskinPhat said:

Please, no retreads like Dan Quinn, who got fired from Atl as a HC. We need new blood!

He had some great years there and can probably put together a great staff. People in the know -- not blogger boys -- seem to really love him. 

If the search committee is excited about him, then I'm excited. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

Looks like this broke down in the last 48 hours. I was wrong about it being definite, and wrong about it happening.. but you better believe that this fell apart over $ like I mentioned before the news came out can happen. Nobody was willing to pay him what he wanted that's what this is. 

My $ is on MM as long as he wants it. Can't assume anymore lol.

Dont take this the wrong way. I’m not doubting your connect.  But what doesn’t pass the smell test is that it was widely known about Johnson’s money demands. Josina Anderson reported that back during the regular season. Why was this a surprise at this late stage?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Wonderful, more proof he's a bald Ron Rivera. Can't wait to see him looking at Index cards trying to decide our new name. 

Did you watch it?

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Dont take this the wrong way. I’m not doubting your connect.  But what doesn’t pass the smell test is that it was widely known about Johnson’s money demands. Josina Anderson reported that back during the regular season. Why was this a surprise at this late stage?

Not sure tbh. He was the guy they wanted but it just didn't click in the end.

I wonder if an emerging trend ends up being over paying for OCs to keep them. And if so, if that would actually benefit us. If we can keep a productive OC long enough for them to be elite it kind of nullifies the idea behind hiring and OC-HC just because its strategically relevant to keeping your QB comfortable and in one system forever. 

Im actually not against a motivator or ceo HC if we can hold onto a productive offense. That’s all that really worries me about going that direction. 

10 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I can't believe they found out WHILE THEY WERE ON THE PLANE to meet with Johnson.

Anyway

It’s a bad look for Johnson that he allowed the ownership and front office group to get on a plane and then pulled out. I think he’s making a mistake passing on a HC opportunity - no guarantee at all the Lions are good next year and the shine can go off quickly. 

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

It’s a bad look for Johnson that he allowed the ownership and front office group to get on a plane and then pulled out. I think he’s making a mistake passing on a HC opportunity - no guarantee at all the Lions are good next year and the shine can go off quickly. 

God forbid, if they suffer some major injuries, it changes the entire season for them and any team.  Also, free agency too.  

Just now, RWJ said:

God forbid, if they suffer some major injuries, it changes the entire season for them and any team.  Also, free agency too.  

I also think Offensive coaches can lose their rhythm as well. There are only a few McVay, Reid, Shanahan types. I think the Chiefs averaged 21ppg this year.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Karma can be brutal......Johnson knew what was happening and ended up being a dick. Pretty sad. I hope he ends up on the pile after next year.

24 minutes ago, MartinC said:

It's only a bad look if they'd already agreed to terms and even then, it really means nothing to anyone outside of Washington.