Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

This has been stated before but Vrabel most likely would sit out a season to wait for a HC job. Coaches with winning records don’t sit around too long.

I get it but maybe some Magic Johnson persuasion and Josh Harris $$$ can lure Vrabel to DC???? 

11 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

This has been stated before but Vrabel most likely would sit out a season to wait for a HC job. Coaches with winning records don’t sit around too long.

Would be a risky move IMO. His interest was lukewarm at best and he's not an offensive HC.

39 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Like most other Johnson is target numero uno.

I personally don't like the idea of having a DC as head coach when drafting a QB round 1, BUT Mike Macdonald is that good that I'd be happy if it was him.

Best leader of men. @Skinsinparadise I know Rabid Fan will be glad not to hear this term much longer.  Sorry, Rabid Fan.  :)  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

CJ Gardner Johnson is good.  Glasgow >> Jonah Jackson but Glasgow will be 32.   

Reading Detroit fans comments on social media, they want him gone. Multiple people said all he does is run his mouth. They didn't like him waving at SF fans like the game was over, whenever it was only 20 - 7. One person said that he only made one significant play all season. They were disrespecting the crap outta this man. Several Lions fans were basically begging for another team to take him. 

2 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Would be a risky move IMO. His interest was lukewarm at best and he's not an offensive HC.

Just my opinion. He could go either way but most coaches in his situation sit out a year and try the market one or two more times. Always can take time to self reflect and work on future staff.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Reading Detroit fans comments on social media, they want him gone. Multiple people said all he does is run his mouth. They didn't like him waving at SF fans like the game was over, whenever it was only 20 - 7. One person said that he only made one significant play all season. They were disrespecting the crap outta this man. Several Lions fans were basically begging for another team to take him. 

He's a loud mouthed injured chump, who's about to be on his 4rth team in 4 years.

Give me McKinney or Winfield jr instead.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So we hire Ben Johnson - OC is likely Hank Fraley - maybe someone else he's worked with closely that can elevate. But BJ is essentially the OC/play-caller. I'm more interested in DC. 

Is Anthony Weaver someone that would come be our DC? It's probably an upgrade in title since he's "assistant head coach/DL" in Baltimore but here he could call defensive plays. Then again, why would he come here if he can just stay in BAL and replace Macdonald.

Dan Quinn is likely going back to DAL unless he ends up in SEA. In which case Macdonald stays in BAL and Weaver could come here to call plays. Then there's the option of going after Mike Vrabel as DC, but would he come here with possibly better options on the table? Are there many DC roles currently left open? Do we know?

Hank Fraley went to Gaithersburg HS. Nothing good ever came out of there....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hitman#21 said:

My point is he would be out OC, multiple reports have stated he would be the guy Ben brings. Ben is calling the plays he is more than qualified. 

I understand Ben is qualified, my point was I dont know if Fraley is qualified.

• Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

HC: Ben Johnson

DC/Asst Head Coach: Mike Vrabel

OC: Hank Fraley

This outcome would cause me to be excited all around. I really like Vrabel and believe he'd be a difference maker with our defense. 

I really like Vrabel too. However, the likes of Vrabel, and say Quinn as well, don’t appear great fits under a rookie HC. Has a sense to me of too much power just waiting in the wings. I can’t imagine that is a scenario Johnson would want tbh. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I really like Vrabel too. However, the likes of Vrabel, and say Quinn as well, don’t appear great fits under a rookie HC. Has a sense to me of too much power just waiting in the wings. I can’t imagine that is a scenario Johnson would want tbh. 

DL Weaver is a vet DL coach and would seem to be the perfect fit for Johnson as his DC.  If MacDonald is HC then Greg Roman seems to be the perfect fit for Mac as his OC.  Mac may bring Weaver with him as his DC too.  

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

HC: Ben Johnson

DC/Asst Head Coach: Mike Vrabel

OC: Hank Fraley

This outcome would cause me to be excited all around. I really like Vrabel and believe he'd be a difference maker with our defense. 

The only problem with Vrabel as DC is that it is an almost guaranteed one year gig  Two at the most.  He's going to be a HC again very, very soon.  I'd rather have a dude who is gonna be here longer.  

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

DL Weaver is a vet DL coach and would seem to be the perfect fit for Johnson as his DC.  If MacDonald is HC then Greg Roman seems to be the perfect fit for Mac as his OC.  Mac may bring Weaver with him as his DC too.  

I saw mentioned somewhere (maybe here) that Tee Martin (former National Champion QB of Tennessee and QB coach for Ravens) could be a OC candidate for McDonald when/where he gets a HC job 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So I'm in architecture and I'm reading a county review and the reviewer's name? Ben Johnson.

I need a life.

One might need an architect degree for the overhaul we desperately need.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I saw mentioned somewhere (maybe here) that Tee Martin (former National Champion QB of Tennessee and QB coach for Ravens) could be a OC candidate for McDonald when/where he gets a HC job 

I posted it a ways back (i.e., about a week or so ago).  Others may have posted it too.  Greg Roman has been a winner in SF and Baltimore.  Why not him being consider too as he's proven?  

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I posted it a ways back (i.e., about a week or so ago).  Others may have posted it too.  Greg Roman has been a winner in SF and Baltimore.  Why not him being consider too as he's proven?  

Because he is garbage at developing a modern passing offense.

He'd fit well with Jayden Daniels though, but we'd have to replace him in a couple years if we want to advance his development.

• Thanks 1