Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Dan Quinn, being one.

He’s failed before. Yes, I am someone that thinks everyone deserves a second chance. However, he coached Dallas this year. It sounds old school but I’m completely serious: this regime should be all in on anti-Cowboys as they get started.

Second: his defense fell apart during the second half of the year and had a major collapse in the playoffs. 

Why is he considered a good candidate for this job?

And, quite frankly, why do Rick Speilman’s words to the public mean a single thing? 

Why do your words mean more than Rick Speilman's who is on our search committee? If he wasn't a good candidate would we really be wasting our time bringing him in for a 3rd interview? 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Quinn can coach and I feel like his players play for him. Who's to say he couldn't win multiple SB's with the right owner and personnel? Quinn can coach. 

You saw what he did without Kyle. The problem is he might hire a great OC to start. Let’s say we go to NFC championship or Super Bowl in year 2 or 3. At that point you lose the OC. Then Maye or whoever the QB is has to learn a new system. At the same time the next OC wants to be known for developing the QB.

Going to a successful team that just lost the OC and at least another assistant and being expected to do as well if not better than the previous guy is a high bar. So you end up with a much worse OC. Then it’s a death spiral until Quinn is fired  2 or 3 years later.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Why do your words mean more than Rick Speilman's who is on our search committee? If he wasn't a good candidate would we really be wasting our time bringing him in for a 3rd interview? 

Your whole anti popular opinion schtick this off-season is certainly something.

Anyways, I never said they did. But at least they are my own and not something I heard of Sirius XM.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Your whole anti popular opinion schtick this off-season is certainly something.

Anyways, I never said they did. But at least they are my own and not something I heard of Sirius XM.

Ok boss, you stick to your opinions, if you don't like my posts then you have the option to block me. From now on I'll try and agree with popular opinion so you like me better. LOL.

BTW, if Quinn was such a horrible candidate then why are so many teams, including the Commanders, wasting their time on him? Don't worry about answering that cause I know how this will end.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

There is no third interview.  His next interview will be his 2nd.  1st in person.

• Like 1

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Ok boss, you stick to your opinions, if you don't like my posts then you have the option to block me. From now on I'll try and agree with popular opinion so you like me better. LOL.

BTW, if Quinn was such a horrible candidate then why are so many teams, including the Commanders, wasting their time on him? Don't worry about answering that cause I know how this will end.

What?

You never answered any of my questions. You just said we interviewed him 3 times so he must be good. Ya, because no one has ever made a bad hire before. 

Further, I don’t care much about your posts. You have an opinion. It’s very stir the pot on all topics, my guess would be on purpose, but that’s your thing and go on and do it. 

I gave you my reasons why I don’t think Quinn is a good candidate, I don’t know what else you want. 

I also have no idea what your last sentence means.

Keep in mind, this exchange started because you were aghast that someone would think DQ was a mediocre candidate for this job. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If we wanted Dan Quinn as HC, he'd already be named our new HC.  Make sense?  

Why are we interviewing him twice?

Even to tell our new HC we got a potential DC you might like doesn't make sense after way Packers torched their ass.

Hard fn pass...please tell me someone knows something I don't know, I don't like this, but all ears...

• Thumb down 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Even to tell our new HC we got a potential DC you might like doesn't make sense after way Packers torched their ass.

Hard fn pass...please tell me someone knows something I don't know, I don't like this, but all ears...

Rick Spielman said he was a good candidate.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't want him as our HC, Renegade.  You misunderstood me. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Rick Spielman said he was a good candidate.

This is where Adam needs to step up to the plate and do his job!  If there is serious talk about Dan "I lose in the playoffs" Quinn from Rick Spielman, Peters needs to speak up!  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Due diligence.  Looks like they are interviewing all of the candidates twice.

Edited by Curtisp5286
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Due diligence.  Looks like they are interviewing all of the candidates twice.

giphy(38).gif

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I don't want him as our HC, Renegade.  You misunderstood me. 

This is where Adam needs to step up to the plate and do his job!  If there is serious talk about Dan "I lose in the playoffs" Quinn from Rick Spielman, Peters needs to speak up!  

It's all good...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Multiple interviews is how it should be. The good organizations can do that because candidates want them as much as they want the candidates. This is how professional organizations work. They are doing thier due dilligence. They can't hire him until he is done with the Lions anyway. So there is no rush. 

Not directed at you, more of a broad statement. I know we roughed up fan are not used to seeing how good organizations work. But this is it. They have a plan and they execute the plan. Also, might just be to tell him, hey youj are our guy and to get the bulk of his demands in terms of a contract. 

I see zero issue with this, in fact I am glad to see it. If they lose Ben Johnson then he didn't want to be here anyway. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Not really any evidence that Quinn is swaying anyone in his interviews.  So far it looks like they are probably giving 2nd interviews to everyone who got 1st interviews, minus Morris now.

This will be Quinn's 3rd interview (1 virtual, 1 in-person (with Adam Peters, Myers and Spielman) and 1 in person early next week with the A-team (Peters, Myers, Spielman, Harris, Magic and other owners).

NO OTHER CANDIDATE HAS HAD, OR IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED TO HAVE, MORE THAN 2 INTERVIEWS (including our presumed first choice, Johnson).

I would take that as evidence that at least some members of the brain trust have serious interest in Quinn.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This will be Quinn's 3rd interview (1 virtual, 1 in-person (with Adam Peters, Myers and Spielman) and 1 in person early next week with the A-team (Peters, Myers, Spielman, Harris, Magic and other owners).

NO OTHER CANDIDATE HAS HAD, OR IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED TO HAVE, MORE THAN 2 INTERVIEWS (including our presumed first choice, Johnson).

I would take that as evidence that at least some members of the brain trust have serious interest in Quinn.

See a few pages back, Quinn was supposed to meet in person earlier this week but did not. Next week will only be his 2nd interview. 1st in person.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Despite your quantity of capital letters, I believe that this is incorrect.

Can you find any example of someone saying that Quinn has already completed a 2nd interview?  I have not seen it.

I think Standig had a bit of confusion in one of his tweets that led some to believe that Quinn already had a 2nd and was scheduled for a 3rd.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If we wanted Dan Quinn as HC, he'd already be named our new HC.  Make sense?  

No.

We are in a process. There is more than one candidate in that process. 

There is a LOT of smoke that Johnson is the favorite right now, and it would be a mild surprise at this point if he wasn’t hired. But you need other candidates if only to give you a reference point against which to judge Johnson in the interviews. But the fact we haven’t hired Quinn does not mean he’s not a credible candidate to be hired.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was going on the report from the Grant and Danny show earlier this afternoon. When they repeatedly ked off several segments by saying this would be Quinn's third interview.

Which really would make it newsworthy.

Frankly it seems far more reasonable and logical that the 2nd interview didn't occur and the interview scheduled for next week is simply the same due diligence all the other candidates (sans Morriss) received.

I stand corrected, if true.

(By the way the quantity of capital letters in my post was for emphasis only, it was not intended as an attack.)

6 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Despite your quantity of capital letters, I believe that this is incorrect.

Can you find any example of someone saying that Quinn has already completed a 2nd interview?  I have not seen it.

I think Standig had a bit of confusion in one of his tweets that led some to believe that Quinn already had a 2nd and was scheduled for a 3rd.